Barry Lyndon thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XjPSGuJskxM
youtube.com/watch?v=jqs7y_LkiyI
youtube.com/watch?v=GO_z041IpzU
youtube.com/watch?v=kAvszMXYNeU
youtube.com/watch?v=8oH14DOFYuY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I saw this movie the other day. It's called the forgotten Kubrick masterpiece nad it's true because I didn't knew of it until very recently.

The detail that Kubrick put in this movie is astonishing. The secenes are literally pictures. Regarding the story, I like it in general but the second part was too much slow for me and I liked more the first one.

The music, the scenes, the detail... a marvelous movies withot a undoubtedly.

youtube.com/watch?v=XjPSGuJskxM

Why was Barry such a jerk?

omg sory for my english...

Product of endogamy?

Also, that nihilistic statement from Krubick.

He was a bitter guy who got everything he ever wanted.

youtube.com/watch?v=jqs7y_LkiyI
youtube.com/watch?v=GO_z041IpzU

An interesting analysis.

Look at this. Like a canvas.

KEKOLD OR FOOL

would you rather be known as a cuckold or a fool?

I'd rather be a cuckold than a fool, how about you?

Is Kubrick the best director of all time?

I think he is there along with Orson Welles and George Lucas.

>George Lucas

>Orson Welles

Lucas and Orson are animal farm cartoon names

Orson Welles wasn't a great director???

U mAD?? Citizen Kaaaaaaane is the best movie in many movie lists.

youtube.com/watch?v=kAvszMXYNeU

This is one of the best scenes of the movie. That moment when the cuffin appears with the kids, the sheeps, the little cuffin, it hit me hard.

The last half of it was grueling to sit through, even if it was masterly crafted.
While he definitely was a huge asshole, I'm not sure he deserved to get it that bad.

>The last half of it was grueling to sit through, even if it was masterly crafted
I agree. The movie would have been better with a half hour less. Kubrick went full autism in this movie. It's like if there wasn't anyone to tell him that the scenes were too much long.

youtube.com/watch?v=8oH14DOFYuY

Why was Nora such a bitch?

I was surprised that I enjoyed this movie as much as I did. Favorite Kubrick. Best seen alone.

>Best seen alone.
This is what I thought when I was going to see it.
Finally I saw it with a friend and was ok but I think it would have been better see it alone to be more relax and connect more with the ambient of the movie.

My friend's brother was around and he sometimes came to the living room and said stupid things like "is the movie so interesting?" and it pissed me of a little. But he is a lost cause, he only likes KPOP, Supernatural and capeshit.

true