How good was Ronaldo??

in his prime

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jlc3u-HBxrg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bad

better than tsu

One of the most complete players ever. To bad for his exploding knees desu.

He was a great offensive player but he wasn't complete. His pass and vision were average, his movement without ball was below average(he did have good positioning for goals though) of course that wasn't his role so it didn't matter that much but he still wasn't a "complete" player.

Never said that he wasn't complete, but he was quite close to it.

*Never said that he was a complete player, but he was quite close to it.
I'm going to sleep now

>His pass and vision were average

t. clueless tard

Top tier striker but no better than C.Ronaldo at his absolute peak.

Say what you want, but Brazil Ronaldo never came close to doing what CR7 in the last CL.

>shit header
>shit weak foot
>shit freekicks
>complete player

Really good but not as good as Sup Forums will tell you

Typical special baby.

not as good as ronaldinho

> I wasnt even born when Ronaldo managed to drop the most dominant season any player ever dropped in Barcelona

Don't you have some Ultimate Team to play, kid?

CR7 outperforms the #2 by light years.
>starts as a classic winger
>revolutionary skills, top assisstor, wins epl golden boot
>switches to a LCIM, continues dominance, top CL goal scorer all time, top assisstor in the CL all time
>brazilian ronaldo doesn't even have a CL
>top poacher now and still stacks assists and goals
>while messi has nerman and suarez and still cant do shit without 2 penalties against PSG
I'm honestly convinced anybody who doesn't consider CR7 to be the GOAT as a troll or borderline retarded

Ronaldo did not choke in 2002 so he is better than tsuuuu just by that

t. urugay who unironically think Suarez is better

Where is his champions league?

By the same paramaters by which ppl say "TSU > Prime Ronald"o we could say that "TSU > Messi", because TSU outperforms Missis in every single possible aspect.

Now if you say "TSU > Messi" then I'm ok with "TSU > Prime Ronaldo" ^^

Where's CR7 WC?
Getting eliminated unironically by the USA

Dear Lionel, what about your international titles?

Where is tsuuuu 2 world cups?

Best pure goal scorer of all time. Most of you fags weren't old enough to see him. Not only did he score when he wanted, he did it against actual defenders.

Also, I had those Mercurials because of him.

>Say what you want, but Brazil Ronaldo never came close to doing what CR7 in the last CL.

because his knees imploded before entering his prime you dumb idiot

He's giving Messi a chance to be seriously compared to him. But you can't compare the 2nd best Brazilian squad against the worst portigiese team of all time

>hs score when he wanted

Cmon now

he was exceptionally rare. he was graceful and powerful. his runs were mesmerizing. it looked like he was riding a horse. just so effortlessly fast.
he was my favorite player to watch for a while.

youtube.com/watch?v=jlc3u-HBxrg

Overrated because he was the best player of the era when everyone here started to love football but didn't know enough about it to judge players on their individual merits and not merely the hype surrounding them

He is not even the second best Ronaldo because Ronaldinho exists

>Not only did he score when he wanted, he did it against actual defenders.
>valencia
You probably thought that post was witty but it wasn't. Stop turning your back against the GOAT. Reply to me when Ronaldo braz wins a cl or breaks any CR7 record

>quoting someone who isn't me

Oh so this is the power of LEAFS

Did he win a cl yet?

Best in the world when he wasn't injured.

The best version of Ronaldo was in Inter before the injury. Serie A was by far the strongest league, not just by the amount of stars and strong teams, but the skill of the defenders was on a very high level and they were allowed to be rough, more so than today. He started to evolve into a player who was still able to take the ball at the centre of the pitch and create chances for himself or teammates on his own, but he was also assisting, scoring free kicks and dominating the world's best defenders with ease, which was never seen before or after.

Paolo Maldini(who was in those years already very experienced, but still quite young and fast) had to stop him with double leg sliding tackles, elbow shots and by pulling his shirt. He dominated Nesta and Cannavaro with ease, just to name a few of the most famous names.

Naturally, there is more than one factor(like legacy, leadership abilities, turning one team into something special for more than 1-2 years, trophies, how long did the player last on the highest level of his game etc.) that is to be taken into account when trying to place a player on the all-time list, and Ronaldo is definitely on the edge of top 10 for various reasons(injuries, too many clubs and so on).

i'm sorry, but you leafs have even less of the right to have any opinion on football than us.

However, when it comes to pure skill and playing ability, I do not think there was ever anything so insane as prime Ronaldo. I mean, Messi is simply incredible and the fact that he does what he does for so many years in a row places him above Ronaldo on the all-time list, but I can still understand Messi. Low centre of gravity, good ball control, precise classical dribbler etc. It's insane that Messi is able to do this for years, but I can understand his playing style. What Ronaldo did and the way he did it still boggles my mind to this day. A tall guy with long legs changing direction so fast at full pace while performing tricks that most other players can't do while training and not running at all, his physical strength and blazing speed, ability to score with both feet, positioning, ability to adapt to any league or team practically from the first game he plays there and the list goes on and on. I have never ever seen a player doing stuff Ronaldo did in a way that makes it all look like natural movements and not something learned. In terms of football, he was like prime Mike Tyson, and injuries were his Buster Douglas, sadly.

I know they like you over there so go get some (You)'s

How am I an idiot?

There's no point talking about 'potential primes'.

FACT IS, Ronaldo was in his peak for maybe 2-3 seasons and never managed to elevate his team to win a CL. He played with stacked teams so there's no excuse.

CR7 had a much longer peak and was the defining player in at least 2 CLs (08 with Utd and '17 RM)

These are just facts.

Like I said >getting eliminated by the USA unironically.

He was the best striker i have ever seen.

did he actually say that? because if he did then he's dumb as shit

Hahaa sorry im with a couple chicks and i let one play the second half while I was making out with the other... lmfaoo get off my dick i would hav wasted u if i played the whole game but im busy gettin bitches.. which u prolly dont know about

He won the World Cup.

>nostalgiafags

He was elite but let's not put in the same category as Messi or Ronaldo.

I would say he's in the tier of Van Basten, Cheva , Henry etc but right at the top of it.

kek

>"pizza de queso"
-Lionel Messi

So... This is the power of the leaf.

So one WC overrides 14 years in Champions football failing to win it?

Ask Messi ^^

One? Maybe not. Two? Most certainly.

Untouchable

t. Actual football fan

>win a 32 team tournament with ronaldinho, cafu, kaka, rivaldo, dida and co. twice
>or win a 32 team tournament 4 times with anderson and john o'shea
>win a international tournament with eder and eliseu
lmao

Fat Ronaldo > CR7

le run faster than defenders and scissor feint man

ater injury he became le placed shot fat man

When I started watching football he was in Madrid and seemed to lose control of his body frequently, it was like watching an uncoordinate man play pro football... but sometimes he could land some amazing shots

He's Drogba on a world cup winning team

more like Eder won with Ronaldo, not the other way around

didn't even come klose to my nigga miro

ok

i think he was legit, had the mind of a GOAT goalscorer and dribbler but his knees couldnt handle it

i never understood why he did that triangle thing on his head

>average
>the best 9 of all time
>average

KYS

He was fucking unbelievable to watch. When he joined Inter and would go at Italian defenses it was like watching a puma jump a sloth.

better than gaynaldo and missi combined

>a leaf pretending to know anything about sawker
name at least one good player from your country

Not even close to being the same type of player.. nice try though

so his son could pick him out on the field easier nerd

>typical specialbabby

lol, this is what it comes down to. People (millenials) don't understand that there hasn't been a striker since Ronaldo who has surpassed him.

saying ronaldo > cr7 is just insane nostalgia at this point