What bands have the widest range?

What bands have the widest range?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1J7nglMsPnY
youtube.com/watch?v=xE5iI0QM6qY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Goldfrapp

pic unrelated

OP's pic is a good start, but this band also had a wide range.

How can you say that?
Bowie had a wide range of styles.

Yup

Scott Walker

Listen to From Out Of Nowhere, now listen to Midlife Crisis, now listen to Evidence, now listen to either Ashes to Ashes or Stripsearch, then their cover of This Guy's In Love or Motherfucker/Superhero.

Fucking Patton man, he comes at you from so many angles, this is the same dude that did Mr. Bungle, Mando Cane and Deadcross in the same lifetime.

Beck

Hollywood Undead not even memeing

I was going to say Ween, but someone already did. Frank Zappa made a lot of very different sounding music.

This sounds way different

youtube.com/watch?v=1J7nglMsPnY

than this:

youtube.com/watch?v=xE5iI0QM6qY

for example. Actually his songs are constantly switching genres, not just between albums.

Point we'll-taken and

/thread

These guys

Duke Ellington, not only did he transverse several different genres of jazz (swing, big band, bop) but he's more pertinent for the internationalist additions he brought to music, whether utilising more Hispanic compositions via Tizol or Asian modes in the Far East Suite.
That's not even mentioning the various innovations he made in jazz such as mood music.

kill yourself snob jazz elitist

Primus though...

why are you like this

I really lik e Alison too, but nah.

This or Animal Collective. Definitely not the Beatles

blur has a pretty big range

I haven't really listened to them, but I heard Ulver changed their music completely from black metal to electronic mid career and they even did album with covers of 60's psych pop songs recently.

You beat me to it

>inb4 a bunch of pop bands that played 4 seconds of horns one time so now they're considered classical somehow

Frank Zappa
The Kinks
King Crimson
David Bowie
Jethro Tull
Miles Davis
Soft Machine

Chumbawamba

Beastie Boys.

not a band

Thirding this

beatles really i mean paul has a wide hole and take it deep

The Beach Boys

I will never be prepared for what Ween throws at me

Pink Floyd, especially when you include Piper and Saucerful

lmao

Talking Heads

Beat me to it

most definitely these guys post 60s era

objective truth

Not a band, but Tim Buckley is really great when it comes to wide range. His first three albums were folk but his later albums were more avantgarde/heavy psychedelic

>it's a thread full of pop rock bands

The goat

It's obviously SPARKS.

frank zappa/mothers of invention
grateful dead
brian eno
sparks
david bowie

Captain Beefheart

Get the fuck outta here The Beatles have more ranbe than fucking Animal Collective you dink

Radiohead
Cage the elephant
Ty Segall
King gizzard and the lizard wizard
Led Zeppelin had a diverse sound too

Ween, obviously

What do you expect from Sup Forums? also why dont you post something then mister patrician if you dont like how the /thread is going

Primal Scream are pretty diverse

i used to think beatles had no range then i heard Oh Darling and Monkberry Moon Delight

paul literally carried their range; john just liked to sing in funny voices

Trully agree

one of these

All good answers. I find bowie especially hard to introduce to people because I’m never sure what album will draw someone new in the most.

Name a genre of music Queen don't have on one of their records.

Rock, heavy metal, ballad, opera, gospel, disco, vaudeville, Dixieland, country, folk...

modest mouse, from brilliant to dog shit

good music

Sup Forums is often very opinionated of this band, whether its negative or positive, but since their debut they have went through all different sounds.

Patton even has an album with Masami Akita (Merzbow).

They Might Be Giants is a great grab bag band.