What did the democrats mean by this?

What did the democrats mean by this?

If anything sauron and saruman represent republicans

What did Tolkien mean by this:

>'I looked then and saw that his robes, which had seemed white, were not so, but were woven of all colours. and if he moved they shimmered and changed hue so that the eye was bewildered.
>"I liked white better," I said.
>"White! " he sneered. "It serves as a beginning. White cloth may be dyed. The white page can be overwritten; and the white light can be broken."
>"In which case it is no longer white," said I. "And he that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."

Least Intelligent Post of the Day Award

It's clearly intended to be "The world of White men shall fall"

It's obvious that the Orcs are representing Mexicans, Syrian Refugees, and Blacks.

Gondor, and Minas Tirith, the "White City" is obviously the western culture of white people being raided and destroyed

deep analysis, friend
you clearly understand the mind of a Oxford professor who has spent the majority of his life studying philology and mythology and passionately hated nazism
go back to pol please

He preferred white over his new technicolor cloak. Fuckin' backhanded insult against Joseph in The Bible. I guess Tolkien was really getting sick of Lewis' shit

>2011+5
>he thinks what wasn't a troll post

Man = east coast
Elves = west coast
Dwarves = Texas/south
Hobbits = middle america

Its amazing how prophetic some of tolkiens words are in hindsight

dam...rly makes u think

Eowyn didn't kill the witch king

>And he that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom.

Tolkien was a hack

sauron represents the unrelenting march of progress

*Scientific/ technological progress

NOT degenerate progress

yes she did

>What did Tolkien mean by this:
>his robes, which had seemed white, were not so, but were woven of all colours

a robe of all-colors and a robe of white would have a similar appearance, because both are capable of reflecting all the visible wavelengths light... but only the robe of white does not "bewilder the eye" when you look closely at it.

white in this context could be considered as "unified in a single purpose" which given the plot, would be following the original orders of his deity to defeat sauron; but he was not, and he was doing his own thing in middle earth.
it's a short-hand for saying saruman is and has always been deceptive

wish I were a hobbit, maximum comfy

Only if you were the movie hobbits.
Book hobbits got to deal with this shit.

>being so pleb you don't know what death of the author is

Thats pretty deep user

go home barthes