Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2fp8mYC5abE
youtube.com/watch?v=4p20A-jNCPo
youtube.com/watch?v=H8pB1zRguAg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

based immortal keanu

Reloaded is great. Revolutions is shit.

whoa

Revolutions is just the end of Reloaded.

Reloaded was great. Revolutions was a bit too much mech vs squids which no one cares about.

Story was interesting though in general. Baked my noodle a bit.

They're 2 different movies in the trilogy. One that is ment to end, the others pretend that the One ended.

This. The Zion parts became a pretty conventional war movie. Still entertaining but less so.

>Revolutions was a bit too much mech vs squids which no one cares about.

What's funny to me is that people bitched A LOT about Reloaded being more of a martial arts movie than a gunplay action movie. So instead of the lobby scene they give people fucking LIVE ACTION ANIME CANNONS AND MECHS AND SHIT, the likes of which has never been seen before or since (okay, maybe Edge of Tomorrow), and people still bitched. Sometimes I think people really do want complete rehashes from their sequels.

the fuck does this mean?

>The Zion parts became a pretty conventional war movie.

Literally nothing else had those visuals though.

reloaded was excellent, I don't know why people shit on it

I have a fucking question. Throughout all 3 movies, the directors did all they could to set up the machines as the bad guys. That means if you only ever watched the trilogy, you would always regard the machines as the bad guys. However, they released the Animatrix a few months later with stories (The Second Renaissance) that clearly state that the humans were the bad guys that instigated the war in the first place.

So whose the bad guy?

The freeway chase scene in Reloaded always gets my blood pumping.

youtube.com/watch?v=2fp8mYC5abE

Absolutely god tier ost.

It weird how reloaded doesnt feel aged at all. Like the only scene that feels dated is the Neo vs Smith Legion fight.

He died for our sins.

Wait, we aren't the bad guys just because we instigated the war.
The machines are the bad guys because they are enslaving humans, humans don't want to be enslaved, and because the movie is told from the POV of the humans.

The most interesting scenes in all parts of The Matrix were conversations about The Matrix, either with Morpheus, The Oracle, The Architect, or even that guy who takes Neo to the engine room. The fight scenes in the original were good, reloaded fight scenes in the castle was quite nice but the "le 100 smiths" was basically a precursor to reddit. Revolutions didn't really have any fight scenes of note. The Smith was one just anime,.

All 3 films are amazing.
The last 2 are only shit when compared to the first one.

>literally just like my Chinese children's cartoons

thank you based pre-trans wachowskis

Everything in the actual matrix was good, but the Zion stuff was crap.

the robots in the trilogy, the humans in the animatrix

protagonist and antagonist don't refer to good and bad, but rather the center of your story and the person or group opposing them

>He didn't think the mechs vs. squidwards was fucking awesome

It's my favorite part of the trilogy

Have you watched The Second Renaissance?

>Machines banished because of an isolated incident
>Machines make a country and do exceptionally better\
>Machines first and foremost want peace.
>Want trade and mutual respect
>Even make a nice gesture at the UN but get humiliated anyway
>Rather than sort things out "LOL FUCK EM! FUCK UP THE SKY FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF FIGHTING AN ENEMY THAT NEVER WANTED TO FIGHT ANYWAY!"

Didn't they say we scorched the skies in the first movie? Shades of grey anyway man, we enslaved the machines first, they just got sweet revenge.

It's almost like humans are motivated by fear of those who are different.

Two different perspectives. The reason it was never touched on in the trilogy is stated in the very first movie when Morpheus explains that there is no real knowledge of anything happened. He even states that they dont know what year it is or even where in the world they are. The humans in this era are liberated power sources unlike the humans before the machine war so they naturally will regard the machines as the bad guys.

Because the plot sucked, Neo was OP, and the fights didn't have any of the build-up, tension, and stakes of the original movie. What does Neo do after he beats those guys in your video? Fails to catch the Merovingian, then has to fly away.

Reloaded is not a terrible movie. It's still a fairly stylish, competent action movie--I mean, at least it's clearly shot and the actors put effort into learning the moves, just like the first movie. But even a simple little fight like Morpheus vs. Smith in Matrix 1 has more impact and stakes than anything in Reloaded.

youtube.com/watch?v=4p20A-jNCPo

Matrix 1 has excellent pacing, and fights that not only mean something but actually move the plot along. Matrix 2 is flashy live-action anime.

Yeah accept I dont see Arabs building AI or futuristic engines.

The plot was fine save for the retarded scene following the architect scene.

First Matrix was only decent because they ripped off Ghost in the shell, The Invisibles, etc.
>Didn't invent bullet time either. Just popularized it and coined the term.

The sequels are irredeemable garbage. Should have leaned harder on "inspiration" like they did with the first one. (On second thought they did the DBZ thing in a super lame way so maybe it wouldn't have helped).

They're competent enough filmmakers, but their hack writing was too glaring a flaw in the sequels to ever call them good.

>cave rave
>asexual romance
>albino dreadlocks
>bad cgi
>2deep4u bait rants
>purgatory
>real world is generic terminator bullshit
>not the one
>animatrix was better

Fuck the sequels.

*hangs up*

>Matrix 2 is flashy live-action anime
before someone calls me out on this, yes, Matrix 1 obviously cribs a bunch of stuff from anime, too, but it's not JUST that for the sake of doing it

or maybe some of them just aren't cucks and have real lives and responsibilities.

>albino dreadlocks

Hey come on now. They looked cool.

May there be mercy on man and machine for their sins.

>Comparing a race of highly advanced sentient machines
>With shitskins

The point is that we discriminate indiscriminately. People who hate Muslims and immigrants aren't making exceptions for doctors, lawyers, architects, pilots. Especially not pilots desu.

How cute. A Trumpcuck pretends he has a life and responsibilities. Its fun to play pretend.

>>Didn't invent bullet time

Yes it did. It's also the only decent use of it even now.

2 was okay

Your point doesnt fit in with this narrative in any way since every single one of the machines is a valuable asset compared with a handful of professionals in a sea of shitskins.

I enjoyed Revolutions enough as an action flick

Reloaded in some ways is better than the original

Last time I remember people arguing about this, I think it was established that there's some music video or commercial that has a similar effect before the Matrix did. But you know, whatever, it's not a pissing contest, the Matrix clearly pulled it off really well--so well that everyone is still in love with the basic idea 15+ years later.

What was the context of this again? Why are they using melee weapons instead of guns?

So do you consider yourself a shitskin since we both know you're a useless person who hasn't and will never be valuable in any way?

My point is that the portrayal of the humans in the story is realistic, because they're as irrational and full of hate as you.

> every single one of the machines is a valuable asset

They'll take our jobs!

No. It didn't.

So we all agree the "real world " was just another level of the matrix, right?

In comparison to a highly advanced AI, yes I probably am a useless shitskin.

Neo could stop bullets.

people who are redpilled move faster than bullets

Nah. I thought that might be the case at the end of Reloaded, but Revolutions is an exercise in futility if it's turtles all the way down.

>Why are they using melee weapons instead of guns?

Only after Neo takes the wrong door

They took an affect that's been in film and animation since the 60s and did it with bullets instead of a jumps, falling, running, etc.

They did it well, they put their spin on it, they're the reason we call that affect bullet time, but they didn't invent it.

youtube.com/watch?v=H8pB1zRguAg

Nah I'm talking about just Zion

>an affect that's been in film and animation since the 60s
>did it with bullets instead of a jumps, falling, running
Uh, what? "Bullet-time" is the "freeze in place while the camera circles you" effect, it has nothing to do with bullets. The very first time it's used in the movie it's just Trinity kicking a guy.

So is the matrix a massive simulation or is it only simulating earth?

ergo

Yes. Its simulating Earth that is in 1999 just before 2000. Its doesnt move forward in time since that would mess up the whole system reset that the machines do every so often.

compared to marvel and dc comics and new star wars sure

I like putting them on and not paying attention to them whatsoever.

some of my answers you will understand, and some of them you will not

>an affect that's been in film and animation since the 60s

what

are you

talking about

It's not fucking slow motion you moron, you literally don't know what the fuck you're saying.

Then I'm not sure I follow. No one jacks in and out of Zion, so how would that work?

>can stop bullets
>can't stop iron bars
how was he "the one" again? Couldn't he just stop their hearts or something?

Almost a correct answer. The main reason is because the machines just dont know the perfect time or world that humans would prefer. The simulation was a result of heavy testing after alot of failure. The architect mentions how earlier versions of matrix including one that was pretty much a paradise for humans, failed since it didnt fit in with the human psyche. So after all that testing they ended with the current simulation and the system reset plan.

vis-a-vis

Thank you for sharing.

Aren't they all rogue programs? As in not technically part of the fabric of the Matrix's reality.

The sequels would have been better if they had played more with the themes of The Second Renaissance. The sequels could have revealed the history of how the Matrix came to be, and make it clear that the Machines were acting in self-defense. More should have been made about programs and AI being potentially benevolent. This would have made the peace settlement of the final film more believable.

>a program is not part of the computer's reality
sure

That's the whole conceit with Smith.

>implying Smith isn't the system's natural reaction to the one
The Architect spelled it out very clearly in Reloaded, Smith and Neo happen every time over and over.

thats just a shitty character with shit writing

neo ended the war and is being held captive by the machines

>Matrix 1: Smith wants out of the Matrix.
>Matrix 2: Smith wants to take over the Matrix.

>Matrix 1: "As long as the Matrix exists, the human race will never be free."
>Matrix 3: "I have imagined this moment (a peace settlement that preserves the existence of the Matrix) for so long. Is this real?"

your a dorable

Let me guess, you think you're a "realist". Fucking delusional bastards.

Calling it, and showing it, as bullet time, is separate from the technology they used, multiple timed cameras, which has existed since the earliest days of film. The "first film", the one proving all 4 hooves of a galloping horse were off the ground, was this exact tech, but with strings instead of timers.

I liked them too.
The Matrix becomes much cooler after taking a philosophy class. Too bad I don't remember anything from it. The Animatrix was also cool too.

he wants to take over the matrix so he doesn't have to put up with humans in there or real life

What the FUCK was their problem!?

In the first film it's made clear that he hates "this place", that place being the Matrix.

>"I must get out of here, I must get free."

It's not just that humans stink, although that's a contributing factor.

>died

It's not like the Matrix when he takes over everything on it is the same as the Matrix of the first one.
The object of his hatred is the human race and he got rid of them.

They kept it up in later movies. He does escape (a copy does anyway) and futzes around with the new sensations briefly.

If anything, Neo becomes his great white whale, when instead he should have just escaped somewhere.

Meanwhile the one(s) still in there function as Satan, attempting to destroy the world just on the principle of being unable to replace God in Heaven, so spoil it for everyone and destroy everything.

2>3>1

>He does escape (a copy does anyway) and futzes around with the new sensations briefly.

He does?

you're fucking shit, goddamn son of a bitch

I understand that his "escape" isn't an escape per se.
As a Matrix program, he can't go outside it, because he's strictly defined within it's scope.
I always understood that his "escape" meant reproducing himself and replacing the source code of all of it by itself.
Instead of escaping it in the traditional sense, he wants to turn it into a solipsistic nightmare where the only thing that exists is himself.

I found this explanation quite interesting, since it explains where comes the actual desperation of Smith, he wants to escape the Matrix but he also knows that as a program he cannot, so all he can do is ruin it.

Just my fanwank anyway.

fuck off plotfag, the sequels go even harder on Oshii. Revolutions and Reloaded are 40% 'The Red Spectacles: Keanu Reeves Edition.'

may want to get a clue before you get outside your university delusion bubble. then again i don't give a shit what you do.

Burly Brawl looking like a ps1 cutscene is intentional. The One fighting a hundred Agent Smiths was an unprecedented computational strain on The Matrix, and it had to reduce graphical quality so it wouldn't lag

Smith taking over the Matrix should not have been spoiled for the trailer for Revolutions. That and the DBZ fighting.

They ruined some great action scenes with those putrid CGIs

"Quick, we need a lame in-universe reason why this 100% CGI fight looks bottomed-out in the uncanny valley!"

Reloaded and revolutions are a single film niggas

i like them too but they have some flaws

So the reason for shit CGI is that its a glitch in the matrix?

POTTERY