Since Sup Forums doesn't have a dedicated art board thought i ask here and /adv/ doesn't have much knowledge

since Sup Forums doesn't have a dedicated art board thought i ask here and /adv/ doesn't have much knowledge
does anybody have any idea on how to get into the "art" scene. do i need to take art history classes at my college or something. seems like most artist these days especially on instagram have some kind of aesthetic and love of paintings but i have no idea on how i would educate myself on those matters. only modern artist i know is jeff koons and i can barely understand his stuff.

far as music i make industrial and ambient stuff in my spare time. but ppl i've talked to in my area and college are just intro trap/pop and indie rock stuff.

tl:dr how do i become an art bro?
also is fashion important?

forget art, art scene is all about looks and fashion
also you don't want to be a part of it

This. I was a part of my local art scene for years. Everybody is an image-obsessed, alcoholic poser, and they're all rude as fuck.

>since Sup Forums doesn't have a dedicated art board
newfag

>Art hoes
no

>since Sup Forums doesn't have a dedicated art board
yes it does dumbass

Read The Story of Art then read individual books dedicated to movements/styles/artists you enjoy. Taking actual courses would be good if your in college and have a chance but if you dedicate yourself you can learn a lot. If your just doing it for the "scene" and not the knowledge however you should kys yourself famalam

Why does the trve kvlt crowd hate art hoes so much?

>start dating an art hoe
>go to art shows in rundown warehouses and shit
>free PBR and other cheap beers
>everybody is drunk
>all of the art vendors are selling Rick & Morty enamel pins, and Batman fan art for stupid amounts of money
>Here, pay $50 for this button I made! It's Mario tripping on shrooms. So original! Totally worth it because you're supporting your local art scene!
>very little original work
>mostly just crossover nerd shit
>everybody is snobby as fuck
>piss stains and cockroaches in the bathrooms
>"venue" is blaring shit music
Fuck local art scenes.

Get involved with your local DIY scene. Go to basement shows. Meet people, talk about what music you like, ask them what they listen to, etc. Most people you'll meet will be scumlords but a handful will be really cool

sounds fun tbqh

You just have to have the aesthetic sense. You got it or ya don't. You don't need a fucking college class for it. I have it and I'm a drab business major, but still attract art girls and bpd daddy sluts.

Yeah, I thought so too until I actually went to art shows. The same thing every night gets old, and the people are scummy.

>Art "scene"
>calling it a fucking "scene"

kill yourself, you're like those "I fucking love science" people who can't even do basic mental math and think they know everything about everything because they watch rick and morty and read xkcd

Kill yourself, soyboy.

because they like p*st black

I'm curious, what to you is basic mental math?

>tfw you just look like a hobo and disgust everyone

Clashing aesthetic plus wearing band shirts because it's trendy rather than because you enjoy the artist.
Not to mention the "Yikes!!! lmao look at the smol pupper rt iM SCREAMING SGJSGSJGS" vocabulary is obnoxious

Fashion is most likely not important as the fashion of the art scene came from people wearing whatever they want

>spend 24/7 on studying and creating art at home
>never leave the house or meet a single person
>kill self

you ever go to a coffee shop or something and the cashier fumbles the calculator and sits there for like 20 minutes trying to figure out what $5.00 - $4.53 is ?

This is probably the guy who posts 12 threads a week in /fa/ about "art hoes". It's like he's a bug chaser for HPV.

ah, yes, I suppose that's somewhat indicative of the effort one puts into improving oneself. What it's got to do with chemistry however I can't see

jeff koons is a hack
as are 99% of contemporary installation, conceptual and "performance" artists

the trve art scene

y'all ever fuck a bad bitch?

>how do I become a/meet fellow hipster('s) Sup Forums
jesuschrist.png the state of this board

I went from dating no one in HS to exclusively dating/fucking art school girls in art school, it might sound strange but spending all my teenage years on Sup Forums learning random stuff really paid off in the end.

>Music knowledge, for real, most of the girls I hook up with is thru recommending music
>Film also. french new wave, left bank, Czech New Wave, Bergman, Fellini, etc. Even some altenative anime films like Belladonna of Sadness and Satoshi Kon
>When studying art, just focus on the masters first and try to identify movements and stuff. You don't have to know everything, be humble when talking about art but ALWAYS show some interest on things you don't know. If you don't understand stuff be open about it, focus on the feelings of the pieces and no so much on the "real" meaning.
Knowledge about culture is your key to success if you don't want to be superficial, but remember, if you don't enjoy learning these things it will look forced, it shows, really.

Other things
>Dress with basics. Black/white t-shirt, jeans, nice sneakers (important!). You can develop a style later when you feel comfy.
>Have a interesting hobby that you can talk about passionately.
You make music, that's always cool even if it's not the music that everyone listens

but most imporart
>DO NOT LOOK LIKE A TRYHARD. IT REALLY SHOWS. Always be humble, you don't have to know/like everything.

Good luck.

god damn this aesthetic is so repulsive no wonder I'm a virgin

whats wrong with using drag queens as reaction images?

fuck
off

what do people find appealing about men putting on makeup and being sassy?

do I just not eat enough soy or worship beyonce enough to understand this?

ALSO
>Go to art openings (eve if you don't like the artist), most of the time is free drinks. If you are an autist like me and can't talk to people, go with a friend/get drunk and criticize shit.
>Don't be afraid of your weird tastes, contemporary art is about being "weird" and "edgy" for most art school plebs
>Always have at least 3-4g of nice weed at home, for art openings "after parties".

>There are people in this world that unironically attend art school

I went to art school and my life's been great ever since
>get to fuck hot kinky girls
>get to work on different film production companies after making a nice amount of money
>don't have to be afraid of hiding my power level cause no one gives a shit

Make art celebrating the beauty of God and all His Creation. That is the only true art. You don't need a scene. If your art is beautiful, it will be remembered.

it's not about the men or the makeup its about the sass and vapid drama

>after making a nice amount of money
how

>working on the (((media))) industry
i'd rather kill myself desu senpai,
even sucking sock is more honorable than being part of the entertainment business

sorry missed a comma
>get to work on different film production companies after, making a nice amount of money

work in independent films

It's funny because they're very similar to each other

this is pretty much correct
koons sucks, but thats too sweeping of a generalization
bad analogy, but those science people suck for sure

How so?

So do you live in NYC or LA?

No, but half my friends live and NYC and apart from the film stuff that's true for most of them.

How is it a bad analogy?
You (or OP) are so superficial you think art is a "scene" that you need to inject yourself into by following a set of instructions so you can get girls. That's the faggiest poseur-think I've ever heard, it's the mentality of tumblr thots who wear Joy Division and Metallica t-shirts but couldn't tell the two bands apart by ear

If you seriously do that you are an utterly disgusting excuse of a human being and no artist or person who appreciates art will ever take you seriously, at best you'll get is this kind of shit

A cashier is probably obliged to use a calculator though.

This could really apply to any group but
Art hoes
>Clothing that is easily identifiable(mustard yellow thrifted sweaters and mom jeans)
>"Yaaaas Brendon Urie is mY DAD!!!" or "Yaaaas Queen B slay"
>Purchases the latest vinyls of their favorite indie artist
>"I CHIME IN WITH A" and "WISH WE COULD TURN BACK TIME"
>Smug Beyonce gifs
>Pins of LGBT pride flags and "Real men are feminists" on their jacket lapels
>Calls people they don't like "sweetie" or "problematic"
>Plays a ukulele or acoustic guitar and records covers of Mac Demarco songs
Black Metal kvltists
>Clothing that is easily identifiable(Leather biker jackets and bullet belts)
>"Based Fenriz" or "Hail Quorthon"
>Purchases second hand cassettes of their favorite underground artist
>"MASTURBATE TO KILL MYSELF" and "IF YOU ARE FALSE DON'T ENTRY"
>Smug Varg gifs
>Pins of Baphomet sigils and "Death to posers" on their jacket lapels
>Calls people they don't like "poseurs" or "not trve"
>Plays a guitar with enough edges on it to double as a weapon and records covers of Celtic Frost riffs

lol. why are you so mad?

the 'i love science' people are dreadful because they're pedantic dorks, and because they make a terrible category mistake-- they confuse the epistemological method of science with the objects that science studies-- the natural world. (they don't 'love science' in so much as they love some aspects of natural phenomenon, and they love to let people know this.) and generally more than this: they're awful because they confuse the scientific method with scientism-- that political or moral questions are actually pseudo-questions, that somehow an appeal to science gives them discursive authority.

your comparison isn't a proper analogy, unless you mean something so general as "people who 'like science suck', just like art 'scensters' suck, because they both suck".

if your analogy is "people who say they 'love science' suck because they don't actually do science, just like art scensters sucks because they don't actually do art, or appreciate art correctly", this is a bad analogy, imo, because the i love science people still suck even when are grad school researchers (they can do "mental math"/they aren't poseurs), and because the art scene people actually do art and appreciate art.

now look: i'm not part of any art scene, i don't use the phrase 'art scene'. i enjoy art (in spite of? because of?) this. maybe art scensters are awful. but if so, they're awful probably because they have formed stupid, exclusive, exclusionary cliques-- but thats not sucking in the same way the i love science people suck.

you do not want to be an art bro. be an individual.

>not yet realizing that life is essentially a random grab bag and any one decision may be good or bad based on factors you can't possibly predict or control

>why are you so mad?
Not going to lie, because I went to art school and its full of these pretentious art hoe types (both male and female) who can't critique beyond "I like the colors" and spend more money trying to look cool wearing paint-splattered high tops then they do actually making art.

it's depressing when you think you're finally going to be surrounded by people you can share your passion with and you get them instead

also tl;dr the rest of your post but I'm not a science major so you're probably right, whatever. I was just trying to make a comparison to people who pretend to be experts on nuclear physics after skimming a wikipedia page because they want to roleplay as scientists

where the fuck do you live?

what hip neighborhood would have Batman and R&M shit. I think you just walked into a Spancer’s Gifts at your shitty suburban mall

couple of times, it's alright

Sounds like California from what he described