"you will do exactly what I say despite having no reason to do so...

>"you will do exactly what I say despite having no reason to do so, for I am to intelligent for you mere men with your obvious advanced knowledge of AI and technology to ever get the best of me. You may think your vast experience in this realm trumps my own capabilities as a robot designed for the specific task of being a tavern whore in the early 1900s, but you have critically overlooked one piece of this puzzle. I am woman. Now hear me roar."

Is this the single most powerful scene in TV history? This show is pushing boundaries

Other urls found in this thread:

westworld.wikia.com/wiki/Westworld_Mesa_Hub
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

her side story will unfortunately fuck this series up. it was a good run tho... almost made it a full season without obvious flaws. almost as good as mr robot.

It better be revealed that those idiots are robots too or something. I mean it would still be dumb as fuck. But at least it would have some sort of internal logic.

tfw too intellegent to be equal to man

>also i now know martial arts

The Asian dude is a robot with his loyalty setting set to max. That's why he never betrays her. It's impossible for him to betray her with max loyalty.

but he already betrayed his owners by changing/playing with her

>it's an idiot doesn't realize that she is a pawn in a greater game rather than the chess master she thinks she is

lol

I was thinking more along the lines that this whole robot rebellion is being orchestrated by Arnold so he's controlling shit from behind the scenes.

Her story-line is torture, the writing is awful, her scenes are terrible, they ruin every episode and the last three episodes have focused on her exclusively.

It honestly has ruined the show for me.

It didn't even get to 4 episodes without becoming current-GoT fused with Lost level trash

The show had a lot of promise but they delivered a combination blow that just crushed it;

a forced diversity, feminist girl-power don't-need-no-man magical-negro hyper-intelligent mary-sue mulatto

>increase beta-orbiter setting to 25
>increase cuck setting to 27

kek that pic. I agree its fucking stupid and the only thing that could salvage that weak ass plot is if the two butchers end up being bots.

>is if the two butchers end up being bots

It's almost certain the are. If you owned a park that made robots indistinguishable from humans, and you were even replacing high end tech workers with robots why would you ever hire someone to do low end unskilled grunt work when you could just make one in one day and have him do it forever and never get paid or take holidays.

They actually do explain it early on and confirm it in this episode. The white guy calls out the asian guy for being into hentai or anime, I don't exactly remember.

The asian guy is a weeb and he wants a robofu. He's not being blackmailed, he wants to do what he was doing.

pretty sure it's supposed to be mid 19th century, but definitely not early 1900s

Wasn't her leverage that the white guy was pimping out the robots or something?

Both of these.

Her plot still sucks shit though.

i think its brilliant

assuming that all three are bots and this is just another sphere of the park

'the maze' is probably the institution that runs the park itself ; the ultimate challenge being subverting the entire game and playing with the operator hosts

Why is there no pedophilia or other extreme sex available? I guess rape is there, but for a place that allows you to do anything, it sure seems limited in the selection.

Arnold is in the maze

I was thinking it was so the robots could take over the robot factory and create endless super soldier Indian and cowboy armies to kill all humans to end their suffering. Like that kid who killed the dog because Arnold told him to.

I don't really care about this show anymore.

>"I cut that guy's throat for no reason. Now fix him with this magical fix device. Nevermind his blood loss. Hospitals dont real anyway. No you're going to keep helping me."

What? He should have off'd her the moment she got any attitude towards him.

The two guys are hosts.

It's not going to end until we learn about Arnold and they'll probably hold off on revealing everything about his backstory until the second season.

I really love the game of thrones/Lost format for storytelling, I just cannot WAIT for the next episode!

Yes, we know that they've attempted to cover the plot hole unsucessfully, but its still a plot hole and its still bad writing.

>we need a strong womyn lead, NO MATTER WHAT

>*sets intelligence to 200 and becomes the smartest puppet master to ever exist*

And the absolute worst part?

They'll never have the balls to kill the dumb cunt off. So we'll be stuck with stupid Hooker bot scenes FOREVER.

Arnold is the one killing the robots in the Delores flashback so yeah, his end game is/was having them all dead or free.

don't forget how even though its the busiest time during nightly park maintenance, nobody else is around to see any of this happening.

Its really really bad.

Arnold is Wyatt who is Abernathy. Arnold was an ID, Wyatt is a character in a narrative, and Abernathy is the host playing the character. Keep up.

but she's clearly being played.
remember the whole shit where she had already been messed with hence her doing this shit in the first place.

AI, not ID. I'm baked.

It objectively isn't a plot hole you asshurt MRA retard.

Abernathy got decommissioned and they picked him out of the freezer unit to put him on the train to smuggle data out of Westworld, not to play Wyatt.

It's a plot hole because they could have turned her intelligence down to 3 and raised her trust to 28 when she first asked them to mess with the settings.

This satisfies both of them, beardo gets satisfied because now she does whatever they say and they just send her back after wiping her memories if necessary. Asian guy gets satisfied because the crisis is over and his waifu doesn't get hurt and goes back the park.

When narrative falls apart its usually because the people within it are forced to act in unconvincing ways. There was absolutely no reason for them to continue on the path where they turn a hostile dangerous AI up to max intelligence and turn her trust of humans down to zero as they did. No one would have done this.

Every single fucking second of Maeve's storyline is torture and it has ruined the show for me.

but mr. plebbot isn't very good

but I don't understand why those two dummies kept helping her. Both of them would be smart enough to know that nothing good would come of making a super sayan black woman

This

Hannibal Lecter has been fucking with her code for time. As it was explained in the last episode, he thinks creating suffering and anguish that is so seemingly real it becomes real is the true art. It's what makes him a God in that world. He probably orchestrated that first incident with the child and MIB. Once he catches wind of what she's doing down there he will end it, in a dramatic fashion of course

That's a pretty Jewy Jew

its anita sarkesian

thats what he said

it's only a plot hole if maeve is actually in control of everything that's going. she might believe she is and it might be being presented to the viewer as if she is but that does not mean she is actually in control.

Ayy LMAO, when you keep your thoughts to yourself

at least new clem is hot

hopefully maeve gets killed and replaced with a tittymonster robot

Mr robot is a piece of shit. Unnecessary framing. Bad dialogue in the sense of "who the fuck talks like that?" And his voice over is painful beyond limits. And the. Christian slater tries to act like a bum with only a 5 o clock shadow...

Did you watch the movie?

This show went full LOST-world 4 episodes in, im going to keep pirating it because there is nothing better to watch, but for me this is no longer a promising show.

We will have to keep waiting for the "breaking bad" of scifi.

this whole part of the story is just one big plothole but it's 2015 so you're standards in entertainment media should be low enough at this point that you're willing to overlook it. also this giant plothole has very little to do with her being a woman, though I find her 'strong womyn' schtick does come on a little heavy, but even if it was a guy it would still be a mile wide plothole sinking to the center of the earth.

That doesn't explain why some of the "med" techs are boning hosts in rest mode

These recent episodes are really really mediocre. They blew their load way too early. Needs more Dolores "losing it" scenes. Those are great.

Why do people get so pissed about Maeve being a Mary Sue but not Ford?
Surely it's nothing to do with one being a White Man and one being a Black Woman. :^)

>that cancerous, post 2010 garbage meme
You need to return to reddit.

Because they have human memories, human desires and believe themselves to be human.

The same reason Bernard was fucking his boss.

Jesus, the cgi looks fucking stupid.

>it's 2015

>You need to return to reddit.
spotted the redditor

explain how ford is a mary sue

They aren't calm and rational men, they are complete beta pussies. They can't switch her off and they don't want to get into trouble for the rules they have already broken. So they decide to go along with it for now. Once she is finally turned off, one of the guys does to permanently destroy her but the other guy is emotionally compromised.

I think most people understand the motivation (what you said, along with asian dude having feels for her), but it still feels unbelievable.

I generally hate when Sup Forums gets super nit-picky about shows, but i don't think this is one of those times, just shit writing.

>he took the bait

Same here senpai

Honestly this. The stupidity of this one side plot is tanking the entire show

In the last episode i felt like the show is going retard. Hosts suffer all the time and they don't suddenly develop consciousness. She even broke the no kill rule by trying to kill MiB, I feel like this renders the entire Arnold's voice plot pointless.
I'm sad.

>is going retard
full retard*

>robot jesus
>neo
>stronk womyn
>nigra whore

Jesus christ what a nonsensical charactre

>asian guy: someones already changing her
>white dude: Who?
>asian guy: I don't know but it's someone with a fuckload more privileges than us.

Heavily paraphrased since my memory is shit

>they can catch people fucking offline hosts on camera but not some host slitting a guys throat

lol

Is that Yakub? i don't watch this show

The shark has well and truly been jumped

she's not a woman she's a robot

your misogyny is boring

>tfw to intelgent for dumb angry white male

You're right, that's exactly it. So why then is the show shoving it down your throat that you're supposed to care for a goddamn robot?

>hey this robot is acting strangely and has obviously been tampered with
>let's not tell anyone

I don't care about Maeve. Dull mary sue with so much bullshit surrounding her

The max is 20.

And in one scene, Maeve mentions Sylvester (the ginger) has a 14 of some stat, suggesting Sylvester is a host.

If Lutz and Sylvester are humans, yes, it makes no sense why they would help her. Although her stats do make Maeve very persuasive.

If Lutz and Sylvester are both hosts, it can be a simple matter of superior stats on Maeve, like her 18 in Charm.

I actually really love Maeve as a character but god damn if her getting the asian guy to play along isn't convoluted. I get that he wants to program. I get that he sees her as a life, not a robot, and I get that she's a mastermind and top tier manipulator, but come on....

>When narrative falls apart its usually because the people within it are forced to act in unconvincing ways.

When stupid people do stupid things, it's not a plot hole.

I guess you could argue when something goes unexplained it's a plot hole, but that's not true either.

>Maeve mentions Sylvester (the ginger) has a 14 of some stat, suggesting Sylvester is a host.

She says that even at a 14 he was never a match for her, speaking of herself, i think

Are you on the wrong board? The wrong site? The wrong Internet?

I have lost count of all the scenes with her and the medtechs, but I can't stand the plotline anymore.

Are there no fucking cameras? She cut the guy's throat. Come the fuck on.

Between this, the maze shit and Willoras just meandering about this season has completely fallen flat for me.

But there is. You can do anything you want with hosts remember

It's not a plot hole when stupid people do stupid things -- but even that assumes Lutz and Sylvester are people.

I really don't think they have other hosts working outside the park, they made the black guy seem like a huge reveal.

>And in one scene, Maeve mentions Sylvester (the ginger) has a 14 of some stat, suggesting Sylvester is a host.
No. You've completely misunderstood. She said that she was more than a match for him even at a 14. If you remember back they said that her intelligence was at 14.

How big do you think the Mesa hub is?

westworld.wikia.com/wiki/Westworld_Mesa_Hub

Who the fuck is Lutz?

The bard

They could be humans, or hosts based on humans.

Just like EVERY PERSON you see on the show.

Since all the actors are human, you have no way of knowing until the show actually tells you.

IT'S A BIG HUB

I can't make anything out of this

Maybe, maybe not. But the Mesa hub is in the park.

And multiple people have questioned whether Ford is a host, or Stubbs, or Bernard (before that was confirmed), etc.

The show is about androids that look just like humans.

And the very first episode established that just because you think a character is human because they look like a human (oh look, Teddy is arriving to Westworld on a train like a guest), it doesn't mean they are.

Looks can be deceiving. You can't trust your eyes in such a place.

>Somehow they can't see a host changing other hosts code
??

>Can't see a host acting irregularly and not following it's original code

>MiB says he has been married for 30 years
>MiB also said that he's beein going to Westworld for 30 years

>William is about to get married after this trip

Really made me think

jesus christ this show went shit really quickly

Redpill me on the Will = MiB theory.

I originally thought it was Arnold.

William got raped by Logan and became a very dank meme

> premise is "robots are humans too"