Obviously with the reveal of Johnny Depp as Grindelwald, this will be an ongoing series

Obviously with the reveal of Johnny Depp as Grindelwald, this will be an ongoing series.

What will the plot be? I tried to read the history of Albus and his boipussy once but it was convoluted as fuck.

Genuinely curious. What is the plot going forward?

What's been said so far

>Five movies

>Grindelwald is the main villain

>The sequel will be set in Europe and only Eddie Redmayne, Ezra Miller and maybe Katherine Waterson will return

>Young Dumbledore will be featured and they'll show his legendary duel with Grindelwald that ended WWII

>Evidently, Credence survived and Obscurials will probably have some importance

>Scamander's evil waifu Leta Lestrange played by Zoe Kravitz will have a pivotal role

>The fifth movie will end with Voldemort's rise to power

Obscrusis or whatever is to voldemort what the ring of power was to sauron

screepcap this

I thought the story was pretty straightforward. Dumbledore becomes friends with Wizard Hitler and sympathizes with his beliefs, changes his opinions as they both grow up, ends up fighting him, his sister dies, ends up fighting him again, defeats him in 1945 and he's locked away forevermore.

the movie was very nice, the girl was qt as fuck in a homely way.

i just know they're gonna ruin the sequels with edgy johnny deep stuff and more obscurials. They really need to keep a sense of adventure and less "omg nazis taking over" feel, like harry potter had for half of the movies at least

>legendary duel with Grindelwald that ended WWII

What the fuck?

Apparently wizards have their wars at the same time as us, who shot wizard Archduke Franz Ferdinand, or invaded wizard Poland is as yet unexplained.

This

Its mentioned in the first book very briefly when Harry gets a chocolate frog with those Wizard cards. He gets Dumbledores and on the back is a blurb about him, including his defeat of Grindelwald in 1945. He was also killed by Voldemort in the last book. Grindelwald is like Wizard Hitler and he wants to rule over muggles with other worthy wizards and witches. Like kind of a tamer Voldemort. Without all the purging of mudblood shit I think.

Dumbledore vs Grindelwald 1945 is going to be the final movie. Coincidentally the same year Tom Riddle graduates from Hogwarts. So that will probably be the last scene of the series.

>first wizarding war transpires in the 70s
>second transpires in the 90s

what wars do Voldemorts wizarding wars synch up with? Rowling got kinda lazy with that explanation. Is there a wizarding war on terror in the 00s? After wizard 9/11

Was he really autistic

fucking wizard taliban suicide avada kedavra

WWII was a result of Grindelwald's attempts to take over the muggle world and led to an epic battle with Dumbledore that single-handely ended the war, and is said to be the most awesome wizard duel ever witnessed.

Second would about line up with the Yugoslav wars I think, post 9/11, well Albus Potter and Scorpious Malfoy discover Voldemorts daughter in about 5 years time, so prepare for that.

Whatever the plot ends up being I can guarantee it will live up to its predecessor's legacy of being easily one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>Hitler was under Grindelwald's control via Imperius curse
>Grindelwald served innocuously as the head of the occult wing of the 3rd Reich, hiding in plain sight

Have yet to see this one but will they all be called Fantastic Beasts?

>lel look mom I posted it again xD

Whatever it ends up being its going to trash and this movie was proof of just that

$0.03 has been added to your account. Fucking stop

I swear to god if it's going to be another "MAGIC BEAMS FROM THE WANDS COLLIDE" shit I'll break something. Why the fuck can't we get proper fucking magic fights in movies ever?

One of the only good aspects of Warcraft

Nobody wants to see that faggot from the Danish girl.

Yes. They will all be Fantastic Beasts and the "something something". It's a retarded naming scheme.

>Can't find Where's Wally in the God Tier
>Why can't I see Wal....
I see what you did there user. Nice try.

So, does this take place at the same time as Harry Potter, the future, past, or is it a different universe?

Same universe. Takes place in the 1920s. Harry Potter took place in the 1990s.

>Young Dumbledore will be featured and they'll show his legendary duel with Grindelwald that ended WWII

Kek just like my trainwreck anime

But doesn't their duel take place in Europe? The bombs went off in Japan.

>Albus Potter and Scorpious Malfoy discover Voldemorts daughter in about 5 years time, so prepare for that.

You're making that up, right? That's even more autistic than the duel that ended WWII.

>and they'll show his legendary duel with Grindelwald that ended WWII
I don't remember anything about WWII when we were told about that in the books.

Is this something that was added later by Rowling as she started making shit up as she went along?

The hilarious part is the ONLY time 2 wand's streams could connect like that was if they were made from the same family IIRC, which is the whole reason Harry and Voldemort's wand's beams would connect.

Vietnam war and Dessert Storm war

I dunno. Something with McGuffins. Probably with a romantic B-plot. In the end the bad guy looses.

Jacob and Queenie also are supposed to return

Grindelwald is going to rape Newt out of jealousy because he's pissed that Dumbledore rebounded to a twink

Why didn't they just make a series about young Dumbledore if that's where they're going with it? He's a character people actually care about unlike Dr. Wholittle.

War in Europe ended before then bucko
America isn't the only WWII participant

Me and my friends thought JK Rowling wouldn't be so predictable to do the Scooby Doo mask again

>"I bet Farrell is going to be that evil guy we heard all about at the start of the movie..."
>"Nah that was to obvious, all those news articles were just a red herring"

But the duel supposedly ended WWII. The war didn't end until VJ day.

That part easily ruined the movie and the character for me

Colin Farrell was great.

I liked him as an actor, I think he does well. But then every movie I've seen him in was shit.

it was probably meant to say the end of the war in Europe

The end of the war in Europe was boring. Just troops entering Berlin. If they wanna pretend that some huge magic event ended it, why not make that event be seen as the bombs to the muggles?

In Bruges? Cuz I used to think like you until I saw in Bruges

>first wizarding war transpires in the 70s
Rhodesian Bush War

>second transpires in the 90s
Yugoslav Wars and the collapse of the Eastern Bloc

I was actually really interested in the movie's premise and setting. I didn't even watch the last 3 Harry Potter movies.

Was this any good?

His character had such dignity and gravitates to him.

I like that Ezra is coming back. I actually liked his overly fucked over character. Actually want to see a better ending for him than boop dead.

Good, they were better than the actual leads.

Fucking kek,I want to see this now so bad