Americans can't drive cars

Americans can't drive cars

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1G1p3B5cDgY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why the fuck do Europeans take pride in the fact that they do something that is more difficult than it could be?

I have a 6 speed VW GolfGTI. It only takes a week to get used to then you don't even think about it. It's not difficult or special.

i drove an automatic not so long ago it was fucking weird i always tried to step on the clutch naturally and there was nothing for my left leg.

yet americans lack the mental capacity to even manage to do an easy task such as it

manual cars are cheaper and if you take your exam on manual you can use auto but not the other way around so almost everyone takes the drivers exam on a manual then buys the manual cause cheaper.

>American anti-theft system

>drive a small toaster with 130hp because your gay country didn't plan streets for cars
>fuck with a stick all the time
>take pride

whiaaao

>toyota carolla costs $27,000
>gas is $6 per gallon

Manchester United can't fly airplanes.

Automatic is nicer desu.

>be yuropoor
>ford focus costs $82,000
>taxes and registration cost $15,000
>can't afford extra $900 for automatic

>It only takes a week

>a whole fuckin week

electric is the future
there will be no transmission to speak of

Many automatics have an oversized brake pedal covering the clutch area. I always end up braking suddenly when I try to drive one.

You got it the wrong way around. The Ford Focus costs 15k. It's the taxes that cost 82k.

Why would I want to drive a Ford when I can drive a European car like an Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Aston Martin, Range Rover, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Volkswagen or Rolls Royce?

Fucking Ford lol

To not get your manual licence here is considered feminine and even then, most women in my grade got there manuals.

American "men" are rather feminine, needing a gun for self-defence when your knuckles should do perfectly well.

>Yuropeens take pride in working a shaft while driving down their little fairy streets
CMTSU
M
T
S
U

The only people I've ever met with an automatic is my nan which is probably for the best because she's like 90.

Most new cars are sold with automatic transmissions, though.
It is objectively superior to a manual transmission. It's faster and improves fuel economy. The only reason to get a manual transmission in this day and age is that you think it's more fun.

>be american
>drive 20km/h
>damn, already above the speedlimit

In Europe ~70% of all new cars are manuals
80% in germany

>there

automatics are more expensive to service and maintain and also cost more by about 10%.

>you're not allowed to have fun with your car

Last time I tried to get an explanation for why driving manuals is better, all I got was memes. Fuck you. Automatics are superior unless you have some autistic obsession.

> Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Aston Martin, Range Rover, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Volkswagen or Rolls Royce
Audi and Volkswagen are the only brands among those listed that actually compete with Ford. And one reason why someone would get a Ford instead is that they're more reliable. Another reason may be that you don't support systematic cheating on emissions tests.
And I really don't understand why you would get a European brand over an American one. It's not like you're profiting from the German automotive industry any more than from the American one.

Maybe that's because Germans are very regressive people who are averse to change. People also still use cash in Germany, they don't have Google Street View, and most places won't even accept visa cards.
In modern countries like Norway, automatics make up the majority of new car sales.

This is true. That's why I didn't mention cost. In terms of performance they are clearly superior, though.

If you think changing gears is fun, that's fine. That's a good reason to get a car with a manual transmission. But it is a subjective reason.
And most American cars still come with a manual transmission, whereas most high-end sportscars in Europe are no longer available with a manual transmission. Think about that.

This guy has a point.
I'm driving both and I must say... it depends. In city traffic automatic is fantastic, because you can chill in stop and go. If youdrive in more rural areas you can have more fun with manual.

What about trucks or stuff that have to haul their own weight around on and off? Sure an electric engine delivers full torque at almost all rpms, but I expect some vehicles to have relatively undersized engines to keep battery life when not carrying heavy shit and having some kind of transmission

>he says in imperial scale

of putting it in not talk no?? jkajkajkakjjka virgooooooo

I'm pretty sure that when driving automatics, your left foot is supposed to rest to the side and you should be using the right foot to both accelerate and break.

good post machine, i give you the points by the checkout?

ahhhh ni virgo eras
suerte changuito algun dia la vas a poner

>In modern countries like Norway, automatics make up the majority of new car sales.
There has to be something to the theory of Scandinavian faggot gene.

In Poland even women drive manny tranny. The only guy I knew who drive an auto had to because he lost his fucking leg in an accident.

gracias pa, decime, vos la pones antes durante o despues de pasarte el dia lurkiando Sup Forums

kjakjakjakjakjkja preguntale a tu vieja kjakjakjakjkajkjakja alto chori jr sos

salu2

>improves fuel economy
You mean for the average consumer

>improves fuel economy
no not really, automatic transmissions rely on hydraulic coupling to function which introduces considerable energy losses.

Funland 12 points

There is something inherently fun about shifting gear down and pushing pedal to the metal while overtaking

>Scandinavian faggot gene
only sweden, norway and denmark are faggots

funland you know best

This is correct. That's the correct way of driving an automatic. However, manufacturers don't make an entirely new body for automatics as opposed to manuals, and the left footrest is way to the left. so they needed a way to fill the gap so that the left foot didn't get in the way of the brake pedal, and this way the way oversized brake pedal was born. The port for the clutch mechanism is still there. it's just blocked off by a plastic cap at the firewall. This is where you can often pull a live feed without drilling through the chassis itself

None of those proxy fuckers is a Finn. They don't speak at all like a proper spurdo should.

when i switched from manual to automatic (peugeot 407 to mazda 6), i got used to keeping my foot on the footrest instantly, and it feels somehow natural and comfortable, so it's hard for me to imagine that people could use the left foot by accident while driving, unless someone has been driving a manual for like 30 years which i seriously doubt is the case on this board

I was talking about real cars not sardine boxes

I drive standard, so much fun.

nigga both peugeot 407 and mazda 6 are larger than most sedans, what you talking about

I'm talking about cars with a footwell large enough to contain my medium sized feet, like the Ford Mondeo, or the Volkswagen Passat. Even the fucking Hyundai Elantra is better than the cement shoes that is the Mazda6

oh i see, i'm manlet so your troubles are of little concern to me

i pity anoyone living outside germany
>inb4 muuuh rapefugees

shit forgot link
youtube.com/watch?v=1G1p3B5cDgY