HE SOUNDED EXACTLY LIKE HOUSE

HE SOUNDED EXACTLY LIKE HOUSE

IS THIS THE ONLY WAY BRITS CAN SPEAK AMERICAN WITHOUT GOING FULL REDNECK??

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wlMvYx11V-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=oCghUlTLKVA
youtube.com/watch?v=iQAj3HKm8rc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Jonny Lee Miller in Hackers does a good American accent.

Well to be fair Benedict and Hugh pretty much have the same voice.

Not even close. Watch Sherlock and then watch A Bit of Fry and Laurie.

They sound nothing alike.

How ironic:

>Benedict Cumberbatch asked Jonny Lee Miller not to sign on as the lead in CBS' new fall drama Elementary -- yet another modern-day spin on Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's classic detective character.

>Talking to Shortlist.com, Cumberbatch, the star of hit BBC series Sherlock, says he feels "a bit cynical" about why producers chose to cast Miller, a fellow Englishman of a similar age, as Holmes. (Cumberbatch is 36, while Miller is 39.)

>The two men have a friendly working relationship -- they starred together last year in director Danny Boyle's National Theatre production of Frankenstein -- and Miller tried to earn Cumberbatch's blessing before signing on to Elementary.

>"Jonny asked me if I was all right with him doing it," Cumberbatch recalls. "I said, 'What are the similarities?' And he went, 'Well it’s modern...' I went, 'Oh.' Then he said, 'Lucy Liu’s going to play Joan Watson...' And I went, 'Oh.'"

>Cumberbatch replied that he hoped Miller would pass on the project -- but says he understands why he wound up taking the gig.

>"I did say [to Jonny], 'Well, I’d prefer you didn’t do it but you’ve got a kid to feed, a nice house in LA and a wife to keep in good clothes.' When you get used to a certain standard of living and they waft a paycheck at you, what are you going to do?" Cumberbatch says.

The even greater irony is that JLM is infinitely better at playing the role than cunnysnatcher

I fucking hate CabbagePatchDoll, he's an arogant cunt who thinks he's a good actor. He has not earned the right to this level of arrogance yet.

What the everloving FUCK?

Why would anyone even do that? Why tell your friend not to take on a role that basically has no bearing on your own?

Elementary also couldn't be anymore different from Sherlock.

And then to condescend and say "well you need the paycheck so I guess you can do something that's just an inferior unartistic knockoff of MY show."

What a fucking shithead.

He now claims it's a misquote.

>UPDATED: Cumberbatch has reached out to The Hollywood Reporter to clarify what he characterizes as a "misquote."

>"I am both bemused and upset at this misquote. I never said that Johnny took the job for the paycheck nor did I ask him not to do it. What I said is I would have preferred not to be in the situation where we will again be compared because we are friends. I know for a fact his motivations were to do with the quality of the script and the challenges of this exceptional role.

>"It is baffling because I have only been supportive of an incredibly talented actor who I am proud to call a friend taking a job I know he is going to enjoy immensely and be wonderful in.

>"Over 70 actors have played this exceptional character before us. To say that there can be only one Holmes would be ludicrous. We're both thrilled to get the opportunity to play him in a modern context. The world of Sherlock Holmes and the world that we live in now is big enough to take more than one interpretation. As a genuine Sherlock Holmes fan I am greatly looking forward to his series."

Which all kinds of fucked up because if true, that's not a misquote but a complete 180 from what he supposedly said.

This is not even the worst stuff that Cumbersnatch has said. He is a narcissistic asshole, seriously

You mean

>"uhh oh shit I said something bad I need to keep up appearances"
>"THEY MISQUOTED ME!!!!!"

pretty sure the quote was exactly what he said, and his publicist wrote this backtracking shit to save his reputation.

>"Jonny asked me if I was all right with him doing it," Cumberbatch recalls. "I said, 'What are the similarities?' And he went, 'Well it’s modern...' I went, 'Oh.' Then he said, 'Lucy Liu’s going to play Joan Watson...' And I went, 'Oh.'"

He sounds EXACTLY like the fedora wearing edgelord I expected

>ZeroCool was a brit playing an American

dropped

>good American accent.

youtube.com/watch?v=wlMvYx11V-Y

lol

is this the crumblemunch hate thread?

1:
>Benedict Cumberbatch has said that he is not happy about the "posh-bashing" he sometimes suffers.

>"All the posh-bashing that goes on," Cumberbatch said. "I wasn't born into land or titles, or new money, or an oil rig.

>"[I'm] castigated as a moaning, rich public school b**tard, complaining about only getting posh roles."

>He added: "So domestic, and so dumb. It makes me think I want to go to America."

2:
On the London Riots:
>“I’m a Prince of Wales Trust ambassador, so I’m all about giving youth an education, a voice and a chance to not take the wrong road. But those eejits saying they’re doing it for socio-political reasons? Fuck off, no you’re not, you’re on a jolly and you’re getting away with it. It makes me want to belt them, make them lame for a bit so they’re dependent on other people’s mercy…"

3:
On his wife:
>Quizzed about whether he was looking forward to his son Christopher growing up and watching his films, Benedict replied, ‘He’s very small…’
>‘Is being a dad your proudest achievement?’, Alison probed.
>He replied: ‘It’s probably Sophie’s.

The funny part is that Elementary and JLM in the role are far superior to Sherlock.

Oh, you actually said that, the bottom of your post was just cut off.
I agree with you. Miller is really good as Sherlock.

>But those eejits saying they’re doing it for socio-political reasons? Fuck off, no you’re not, you’re on a jolly and you’re getting away with it. It makes me want to belt them, make them lame for a bit so they’re dependent on other people’s mercy

I actually agree with this one

He didn't have House's slight lisp

Is this supposed to make him sound bad?

He sounds based as fuck from these quotes.

doing an accent is no harder than doing an impression of someone.

which is hard as fuck

are actors usually good at doing impressions?

youtube.com/watch?v=oCghUlTLKVA

My favorite Sherlock is RDJ, fight me. Elementary is good too.

I fucking hate this hack

youtube.com/watch?v=iQAj3HKm8rc

>literally wears a fedora

You're just a turbo pleb

RIGHT, HE HAS A DIFFERENT LISP

CUMBERBATCH IRL IS A CUNT

THATS WHY HIS ASSANGE WAS SO BELIEVABLE

he could have meant the script was absolute shit and not to take the gig because it's fucking awful....but that's hard to do when they give you buckets of money

BRIT ACTORS GET LIKE NO MONEY IN BRITISTAN

MILLER PROBABLY GOT 10X AS MUCH FOR SIGNING ONTO THE AMERICAN TV VERSION OF SHERLOCK

CUMBERBATCH PROBABLY MADE GOOD DISNEY MONEY ON DR STRANGE THOUGH

no need to be so defensive, benny

I'm sad

My biggest problem with Dr. Strange was how fast he became a master wizard.

Within 20 minutes he goes from broken surgeon with no magic experience to skillfully trained wizard master ready to save the world.

Elementary is literally the best modern day Sherlock Holmes adaption though. Uses the source material as a rough guide, not a instruction manual. Makes interesting choices and develops the characters into it's new world without pissing all over the the original intent. JLM gives an infinitely more compelling perforance of the tourtured genius than Cumberbund, and don't even get me started on "I have one facial expression 'ㅇ' Martin Freeman"

I don't know how Sherlock fans can defend "contrived autism is genius" as actual characterization.

My problem was that it was another boring origin story where we had to go through the same shit AGAIN. It's always the same with every superhero.

If I would have made this. It would have been told through the eyes of someone else. Cliche would be a journalist. Or maybe some obsessed fangirl.

I dunno I iust wish they did something more interesting with the narrative.

Yes and the quips this time around especially made my eyes almost roll out of their sockets.

If this movie didn't have the god-tier CG that it had, it'd be a flop

RDJ is the best sherlock anyways

the guy on the left looks ridiculous. is that moriarty?

Americans literally believe this

fucking this, why errybody isnt into magic if it is so easy

Guy Ritchie isn't American.

he's an idiot though

i don't have an opinion on him as an interpretation of the character desu

i just said that because i like the movies

wtf did lucy liu do to him?

'get me the scalpel, djimmm!'

Yes, Brits have always been just as bad at American accents as Americans are at British ones. Every American thinks all Britons speak in Received or Cockney, every Briton thinks it's New York or Chicago.

There is no good Disney money, they give the actors cab money because they know they're an industry unto themselves and can determine all terms.

>forgetting that many Americans literally thought Hugh Laurie was American

Can't have been that bad.

One place Britons will always have a pass is if they do Mid-Atlantic. It's mostly dead, but still exists in some places and classes of people.

>speak American

Your accents are derivatives from England's East-Anglia, calm down.

kys idiot

>One place Britons will always have a pass is if they do Mid-Atlantic.

House was not doing mid-Atlantic you fucking bozo.

Your point notwithstanding, no one "earns arrogance".

Jude Law's accent in The Young Pope is pretty good.

No.

hnggggg..