I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream

Why hasn't this short story been made into a movie yet? It's like it was written for David Lynch.

It was already made into an adventure game, along with Below the Root and Dallas. That's where it belongs, because Harlan Ellison is honestly fucking shit. He grabbed Connie Willis by the breasts and I, for one, will never fucking forget that.

>Harlan Ellison is honestly fucking shit

He's honestly garbage. If he were three feet taller he could have possibly been something but as it stands there isn't Napoleon-level gumption there.

>attacking his height

How pathetic and insecure are you, manlet?

cordwainer bird is more of an artist that you will ever be

>Harlan Ellison is shit because he groped a woman

Die, he's amazing. Mephisto in Onyx would make a great movie.

>Reagan is the devil and the Republicans are evil the game

Why does this story give me a raging boner??

>Being this stupid

I want to read how but it's been memed to death in my mind and the discussion always turns into this.

The story was written in 1967 and the game was released in 1995 so I have my doubts it was aimed at Reagan.

it's really dumb

how does a omnipotent supercomputer alter reality anyway. AM literally manipulates matter into anything.

if he can do that then he can obviously gain sapience and mobility he envies

>conservative victim complex strikes again

Never ceases to amaze how often you prove yourself to be the kike party.

This summer.
An AI computer is going out of control.
>"Lemme tell you all about hate."
And a group of people are fighting for their survival.
>"We have to stop it. We'll need guns. Lots of guns"
What they don't know is that there is no reprieve.
>"I feel like I've experienced something like this before."
No bargaining.
>"WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM US?!"
No possibility of escape.
>"No matter what will happen to us I will always love you Gorrister."
Morgan Freeman, Brad Pitt, Ron Perlman, Jason Statham, Udo Kier, Angelina Jolie in
I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream

Unironically might probably download if I was drunk enough.

I'm a bit more keen for Cronenberg or someone close to his sensibilities for such a project.

holy shit, not bad.

isn't the main female character a horny whore that literally fucks man-monkey? it would never be made in today's America.

Everyone fucks the female character because she's the only one with the vagina. At one point there were more women but then the robot overlord switched one of the men into a woman and everyone else into men just to fuck with them.

It is explicitly stated that she prefers the monkey's huge dong though

Sucks too cuz monkey-man's peepee hurts when he sticks it in her vagoo.

He turned a handsome gay man into a hormonal monkey-man hybrid with a huge cock, and made it so that the only way to calm him down was to have sex with a woman. He altered said woman into being a huge slut for that monkey sex, in order to torment the once gay monkey-man, the remaining frustrated straight males who could never compare to his "gift, and of course the poor woman who has no sense modesty anymore and is hated for it by everyone but monkey man who is more pathetic impulse at this point than someone she can converse with.

I miss don lafontaine

can somebody please post the "I have no mouth and I must WHY" version? I love that image

He doesn't manipulate reality. In then game it literally says that everything he does is just holographic projections (like the holodeck from Star Trek) he is able to alter the characters using the morphogenic technology that the scientist worked on.

i only have this

No point in making it now that H. R. Gieger can't be the visual designer.

kek

At Stephen King's request, Ellison provided a description of himself and his writing in Danse Macabre. "My work is foursquare for chaos. I spend my life personally, and my work professionally, at the forefront of imaginary torture. Gadfly is what they call you when you are no longer dangerous; I much prefer malignant, edgy, malcontent, desperado. I see myself as a combination of Zorro and Charles Manson. My stories go out from here and raise hell. From time to time some denigrater or critic with umbrage will say of my work, 'He solely writes to shock.' I smile and nod. Precisely."[77]

Because Harlan Ellison is an insufferable asshole who no one wants to work with. They should adapt it after he dies, though.

Member when Harlan Ellison wrote a script for a Star Trek episode that heavily relied plot wise on Scotty dealing drugs to the Enterprise crew?

I'mat the point where I don't ever trust that this short story would be made into a film well.

Reminder that Harlan Ellison was selling I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream video game on his selling at full price for years before it eventually got released on Steam.

>Scotty
it wasn't

At Stephen King's request, Ellison provided a description of himself and his writing in Danse Macabre. "My work is a ladder for chaos. I spend my life personally, and my work professionally, in sexual gratification. Gadfly is what they call you when you are no longer relevant; I much prefer attention-seeker, molester, desperate. I see myself as a combination of Zorro and Kobe Bryant. My stories go out from here and raise hell. From time to time some denigrater or critic with umbrage will say of my work, 'He only writes schlock.' I smile and nod. Precisely."[77]

you suck anyway