So we all agree that he's the greatest in his sport by a country mile right...

So we all agree that he's the greatest in his sport by a country mile right? I mean literally nobody even comes close to his achievements or records. At least in apehoop and furpuck there's a nightly debate thread over who's GOAT. Who's the #2 in futbol?

Yeah, he's the best when it comes to disappearing at important games, statpadding, tap-ins and penalty kicks.

SEETHING

Messi is the #2, undoubtedly. Reminder he kept himself in the discussion for a large number of years, nobody else was able to come closer

Which important games has he gone missing in just so we're all clear m8? Euro final he was injured by payet incase you forgot.

1. Pele
2. Maradona
3. Messi
4. Cruyff
5. Di Stefano
6. Beckenbauer
7. Ronaldo
8. CR7
9. Puskas
10. Zidane

1. Pele
2. Zidane
3. Di Stefano
4. Maadona
5. Cruyff
6. C.R.
7. Messi
8. Beckembauer
9. Puskas
10. Platini

>damage control
>injured by payet but suddenly pretending he's the assistant coach and jumping about everywhere

>game 2 against atletico on CL
>literally did nothing

>that's why you're a bunch of beta males who love anime
Hardly

He disappears so much that he only scores offside goals in those games, Paco Abdullah

>>game 2 against atletico on CL
>>literally did nothing
How does this deny what I said? He almost always scores and plays well against big teams.

>reeeee he must score in game 2 after effectively deciding the tie with an hat trick reeee

He scored 2 offside goals against Bayern in the second leg. The other 3.goals he scored against Bayern were completely on side.

So you are objectively wrong.

Also, 12 goals in UCL this season, 0 from penalty.

Well, he did NOTHING. Doing NOTHING on important games is pretty much disappearing from important games.

>hey guys right now Messi is shit
>"no, he scored a million goals against 10men Eibar this season"

>hey guys right now Ronaldo is goat
>"no, he statpads against shit teams"

fucking retards.

Lets ignore he scored 10 goals since quarter finals including 3 goals vs Atletico in first leg.

This must be bait.

>scoring 10 goals
>against the likes of apoel and zenit
I said important games, user.

As of last night, the GOAT debate in apehoop is over.

>5 against Bayern
>3 against Atletico
>2 against Juventus
>5+3+2=10
??

>not even the best Ronaldo

5 goals against Bayern.
3 against Atletico Madrid
2 against Juventus in The final

>He proceeds to talk about Apoel and Zenith which Ronaldo hasn't played against this season.

Fucking dickhead.

>forgetting obvious DOING NOTHING second leg against atleti

>cannot come back with a proper reply
Easy win.

What are you trying to prove, bitch? Is second leg vs atleti more important than 1st leg against Atlet, both legs vs Bayern, and final vs Juve?

I'm not trying to prove anything, I'm just stating the obvious, which is the fact he disappears from important games and the goals he score are PKs and tap-ins.

>Plays with the best midfield since Xavi-Iniesta-Busquests in maybe the second greatest trio of all time
>Also gets to take all the credit unlike Messi who has to be a system baby
hmmmm at least be consistent

>I'm just stating the obvious, which is the fact he disappears from important games
Disappearing from ONE important game, while being the MVP of the other 4 important games, means he usually DOES appear in important games. So you are FACTUALLY incorrect, bitch.

>and the goals he score are PKs and tap-ins
0 goals from penalty this season in Champions League, again, you are factually wrong.

He scored 1 tap in goal (the second against Juve). That´s 1 out of 10.

Enjoy Ronaldo´s 5th Ballon dOr, you little piece of shit.

>balloon door
>weah got that
>rivaldo got that
>romário the tap-in master got that
>messi the iniestababby got that
Literally a bunch of nobodies.

When the war in Syria started, tensions rose in my country. You could tell this wasn't gonna be a short skermish. We knew it would last years, and with, more and more Syrian migrants would move on over to Lebanon, a country much, much smaller than Syria itself.

They started flocking in, they took up space and food, both rarities in an already overpopulated nation. Our corrupt government welcomed them with open arms. Electricity got even shittier, petrol got more expensive, and places in schools for Lebanese kids were being taken up by the rich families of Syrians who held radical views against the country that Assad's father tried to wipe off the map.

Gone were the days of being murdered at a checkpoint just because you were Christian, but they were flocking en masse, and my family and I knew that this would only bring about more and more terrorist attacks, as it did.

I've been living in a country that fails to provide me with any support for my education, ruled by the same outdated farts that were in power during the civil war. I spend hours on a shitty public transportation system to get into a Syrian controlled area because that's where my university is.

However, with all that aside, I'll be damned if I don't stay and fight for my rights here. It's a garbage place to call home, but fuck, it's home.

After a long day of a seemingly endless cycle, I finally get him to my dog, pour myself a glass of whiskey and unwind. I open my laptop, flipping through the same usual sites that I browse. A little slice of comfort in a life spiraling out of control.

I'm a big sports fan. So naturally, I'd be checking sports news fairly regularly. Every time, Sup Forums. Every. Fucking. Time. I find myself coming back to this place because it's familiar ground. It's a clusterfuck, but it's has its fair share of comedy gold.

And then I see it.

"So we all agree"
(cont.)

My hands start shaking. I know exactly what this thread is gonna be about before the second line. I can't keep reading. But I have no choice. The TSUUUUUUUUS begin resonating. The obsession with this fucboi has a genuine claim for mental insanity.

The stats start getting posted.

>HE SCORED A BRACE AGAINST LOS POLAMOS

>B-B-B-UT HE'S NOT GAY

>HES OBVIOUSLY THE BEST WHO THE FUCK ELSE DO YOU KNOW HAS A BF% OF 0.2

No, Messi fanboys, don't rejoice just yet.

The only thing sadder than worshiping this semen draining poof is your idolizing of a spic manlet who took 30 years to grow a beard. If I pumped as many steroids as they fed that bastard when he was a child, I'd be shitting actual, literal, bars of coal.

>MUH GREATEST EVER GOALSCORER
>HAHAHA AT LEAST HE IS NOT LE GAY LIKE CUMNALDO
>AL-BARCELONA AL HALAL AL ALAHU AKBAR IS THE PEAK OF FOOTBALL

Stop it. Enough. Get a fucking hold of your lives you degenerate fucks. What motivates you to wake up in the morning and post the same tirades day in and day out? Are you ACTUALLY trying to convince people you'll never meet in your lives, on a Bhutanese cock & ball torture forum, that one of these overpaid divas is BETTER than the other?

You know what the problem is? You've created the narrative of us against them.

It's either Messi or Ronaldo for you. One of them is the righteous king, idolized by an intelligent fanbase, and the other has the ability of a newborn foal who wouldn't make the top 25,000 of all time.

This is where you're wrong. You are all the same. There will NEVER be a winner. Once it's all said and done, there will only be losers. The idiots who post this trash on an hourly basis.

Please, please, please stop this.

you're just being an idiot because he effectively decided the tie in the 1st leg with 3 goals. so you get called macaco.

Easy win.

your argument is idiot, from the point you try to pretend a 2nd leg after a 3-0 is more important than the actual 1st leg where the advantage is constructed, you already lost.

HUEHUEHUE

Easy win.

So if he didn´t appear in important matches, how did he score a hattrick in the first leg against that same Atleti?

How did he score a brace against Bayern in the first leg?

How did he score a brace in final vs Juve?

Answer those questions, bitch.

>literally did NOTHING against atleti
>not just didn't score any goals, which he left the task for fucking isco
>he did nothing
>only time he was in front of a goal with the ball was an offside in which he sperged out like a spanish guy after not finding a job
Easy win, give me more (You)s. I live off delicious tears.

You are just a troll. You know Ronaldo is the best player in the world better than I do. He probably scored against your favourite football team, whoever that team is.

That is the last (you) you are getting.

>You are just a troll.
Eeeeasy win.

>That is the last (you) you are getting.
Internet bill came over and the company are cutting your shit because you have no job to pay them?

You need help man, I am serious.

Enjoy Ronaldo´s cum in your mouth. You are going to get a lot of that this year.

As, I said, no more yous for a troll like you.

>No more (You)s
>just gave me an (You)

Cheap bait leaf, i though you were better at shitposting than this

>At least in apehoop and furpuck there's a nightly debate thread over who's GOAT.

Yeah but they are completely meaningless. Bill Russell won 2 NCAA championships with a nothing school, a gold medal, then won the NBA championship 11 times in 13 seasons (his second season he broke his leg in the Finals or else it would have been 12 in 13), all while competing against the greatest physical presence in the sport's history, Wilt Chamberlin. There is no debate among non-brain dead children.

And I've never actually heard anyone serious claim anyone was better than Gretzky.

Pele was probably the GOAT soccer player.

Literally everything you said in your post was wrong. Amazing.

Guess I'm having an off day

1. Litmanen
2. Messi
3. Ronaldo

>soccer
CR7
>basketball
Wilt
>Hockey
Lemieux

damn

Ronaldo proved he's world class with more than one team.

Messi can only win with Barca. When he proves he can win with other teams he'll achieve GOAT status.

>messi fails to win a title with tevez, di maria, higuain
>ronaldo wins a title with tevez, di maria, higuain

Tevez missed his penalty in 2011
Di Maria was injured for the final
Higuain, everyone knows

When Ronaldo won with Tevez, Ronaldo missed his penalty
When Ronaldo won with Di Maria, Di Maria was man of the match
and Higuain has 3 La Liga titles while Ronaldo still only has 2 after 8 years

i dont care lol

One key difference. Messi was born into that team. TSUUman stayed on a shit Madrid long enough until they could build that amazing midfield

yeah and Messi missed one against Neuer and fluffed his pk against Chile

just remembered Higuain was knocked the fuck out by Neuer

>Higuain has 3 La Liga titles
and how many Champions Leagues lmao

Macaco, I know you are booty blasted beyond repair but please stop. You're making a fool out of yourself.

Bill Russell - 11 NBA Titles in 13 Seasons

No debate. Only Pokemons.

t. american
>doesn't even know how the sport's name

t. macaco
> can't construct well-structured sentences.

He is the best definitely. Second is probably Messi, maybe Maradona. I haven't watched Maradona play so I can't say.

Thank you for your civil comment. While Maradona was a great dribbler, 80's defending did not seem very up to par. I don't see a major difference between him and Messi so I'll have to say he is second at best

>80's defending did not seem very up to par
???
You could literally kill players back then

Doesn't mean they were good tacklers

You're an idiot

he has a point. just because defenders were allowed to get away with ridiculous tackles doesn't mean the level of defending back then was good.

Maybe that's because Messi was good enough from the get go not to be stuck on a shit team

he's on a shit team right now

Makes you think

Read your sentence a few times. See if it still makes sense.

If my teammates and I are able to break your legs, or grab your nutsack on a corner kick to prevent you from jumping, that means our defense is going to be pretty good and it's going to be harder to score.

>break your legs, or grab your nutsack
You were never allowed to do this. In fact, you would probably get you ass kicked.
>see battle of nuremburg after ronaldo was injured

No.

You weren't "allowed" but they did those things and worse. These applies to every sport back then. Before declaring a player the "best ever" and least know what the fuck you're talking about. You think soccer started in 2006 you twat ?

Again, the level of defending wasn't as good then. Sure you can beat me up in a game, but could you really catch Ronaldo or Bale full sprint?

You keep saying "level of defending" as though the only thing that qualifies as defending is a perfect pick-pocket tackle. Defending is preventing you from scoring. You better fucking believe the physicality of the game back then prevented people from scoring. You actually have no idea what you're talking about, but the fact you think Cristiano is the best ever should be proof of that. I'm saying this as a Ronnie fanboy and proud Real customer. Seriously, go on YouTube and educate yourself.

That's because he has something called loyalty. You don't think Madrid would take him?

>that means our defense is going to be pretty good and it's going to be harder to score.
no it's not. that means your defense is fucking garbage that you've resorted to two foot tackling people. even italian defenders have stated that if you need to start slide tackling you've already fucked up as a defender.

>that means your defense is fucking garbage
That's your opinion. Defense is only about stopping the other team from scoring. How you achieve that is irrelevant. Today's players get brushed on the hair on the back of their neck and go down as though they were shot. Are all strikers garbage that resort to simulation? Also irrelevant. It's just the way the game is now, and nutsack-grabbing was how it was then. I think you only have to look at how much higher scoring is in this era to get a sense of what defense was like back then.

Clearly you just want to be right and won't attempt to comprehend what I'm saying. Yes you can be physical and it works for a lot of players. (Scott Brown). But defending is more mental than this. You have to able to read the game, where the player is going, where the ball is going. Attackers know how to utilize being tackled and turn it into free kicks and cards by diving. The referee always (ALWAYS) gives the benefit of the doubt to littler guy (usually the attacker), and will give him a spot kick. The best defender is somebody who can take the ball away from his opponent without lunging at him like a linebacker. This includes cutting off angles and making interceptions. Obviously being a physical force is a big part in defending but attacker are much smaller than they used to be and are more dribble happy so muscling them is unnecessary and placing a good tackle is the better option.

Wonderful post but it doesn't address the topic, which was you saying "Defending is better now than it was in the 80s." Maybe defenders are more SKILLFUL now but that's not important since they also concede more goals. Now, it's not like defenders are worse all of a sudden, but the way the referees call the game now makes defending a lot harder. You breathe on a guy, he rolls around and you get a yellow. It wasn't like that in the 80s. I realize the whole reason you want this to be the case is so you can confirm that Ronaldo is the best ever, so please give up the ghost.

I'm glad we found a common ground.

1. Pele
2. Messi
3. Maradona

Messi #1 if he wins 2018
Ronaldo doesn't sniff the top 10
Do you actually think if you put the ball at his feet from the midfield line he will do more with it than Cruyff, Di Stefano, Messi, Maradona, Garrincha, Riquelme, Zidane, .. ?? Fuck no. Get this oily piece of shit out of here.

How are you faggots not bored of this shit? It's the same thing every thread about Ronaldo/Messi, it's on the same level as generals at this point

>pele
tf
tp

Ronaldo is definitely top10

your post changed my life, made me finally open my eyes.. I'll never root for anyone but myself ever again
thanks based lebanin

The issue is that Messi has NEVER won a trophy with Iniesta. Ronaldo has won every trophy Messi has won, and more, on multiple teams. Ronaldo holds more continental records and has better goal and assist ratios than Messi in the league and the champions league. Messi doesn't have an international title while Ronaldo does, and in a harder division(?). Ronaldo has proven he can score from anywhere, with either foot, and has shown to be skilled with his head too. Messi is clearly too reliant on scoring from inside the box. The problem is that Ronaldo is a game changer and a record breaker and Messistans won't accept that Ronaldo is simply a winner while Messi rides the coattails of previous legends. Notice how he manages to be invisible after Xavi leaves and Iniesta fails to make the starting 11? He still has the best striker in the world in Suarez and Neymar and can't hold a candle to Ronaldo's assist record. Ronaldo has the stats and the records while Messi has FIFA support.

Meant to say WITHOUT Iniesta

>his
also no

1. DIEGO ARMANDO MARADONA

2. EL NEGRO PELE

3. JUAN ROMAN RIQUELME

4. LIONEL "GALLEGO " MESSI

Listen motherfucker I'm getting really sick of your shit. Ronaldo is NOT better than Messi. I'm saying this as Real customer who has Ronaldo as favorite player ever. He is NOT better than Messi. He might end up having a more successful career but he is not a better player!

Use your eyes! Watch the fucking games!

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STOP BEING WRONG. MESSI HAS HIS STANDARD BUT RONALDO FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR EXCEEDS IT. RONALDO DIDNT GET TO PLAY WITH ZLATAN, RONALDINHO, XAVI, INIESTA, VILLA, PUYOL, ETC. BOTH RONALDO AND MESSI GOT TO PLAY WITH DI MARIA, HIGUAIN, GAGO, TEVEZ. MESSI HAS NOT NO TROPHIES WITH THESE PLAYERS WHILE RONALDO HAS. MESSI IS SHIT (READ: SHIT) WITHOUT HIS LEGENDARY STATUS TEAMMATES. 0 (ZERO) TROPHIES WITHOUT INIESTA. RONALDO HAS WON EVERY TITLE MESSI HAS, ON MULTIPLE TEAMS. RONALDO IS MORE IMPORTANT TO HIS TEAM THAN MESSI. SIMPLE. ITS OVER. THERE IS NO ARGUMENT.
CRISTIANO RONALDO > MESSI

>better career is not better player
yes it is, it's what you do that defines what you are, not what you might do, that's retarded.
you want to argue about the most talented of all time, that's another thread. Maradona is probably #1, then Messi.
Here we talk about the GOAT.

Are you ok

>le tap-in man

>actually arguing about a topic with someone I'll never meet while they lack knowledge on the subject instead of improving my life
No, I'm not

based

How do you know we haven't already met ? How do you know I'm not standing right behind you phoneposting?

get out of my house!!!!!

Not till I get what I came for lil' nigga
*creeps out of your room*
*walks slowly upstairs*
*enters your mother's room where she is sleeping*
*lifts up blanket*
*takes picture*
Heh, nothing personal kid