What'd Sup Forums think of the ending? Also Young Pope thread

What'd Sup Forums think of the ending? Also Young Pope thread

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/news/young-pope-producers-confirm-second-940019
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>le religion is cool and totally not the cause for billions of deaths
Show is about as cancerous as Sup Forums

Great ending. Great series. First reply is a faggot.

the most patrician tv since mad men

This

God, we need to talk about the first reply...

>76529967
>>>/ketchikan/

should i watch? i've seen mixed reviews but this thread is about to tip me over.

i need something to supplement black mirror and channel zero and shitworld

Voiello did NOTHING wrong

Give the first two episodes a try and see if you like it. I thought it would go full fedora after his dream, but I was pleasantly surprised

>I thought it would go full fedora

that is my hesitation, i like the idea but if it's too in-your-face with the whole "bad pop" thing i can see it getting old pretty quick.

pray for no season 2

The show has been lacking since the time skip. While I liked how they concluded the parents story line, his change of heart because of it ruined it for me. All his scheming and planning and keeping himself hidden was for nothing because in the end it's guess I'm nice now LMAO.

>tfw you really, really want a second season but it wouldn't be worth it after that ending

>Thinking even for a second that Sorrentino wouldn't top season 1

After finishing it, I’m pretty sure it’s my favourite tv show. It’s so amazingly balanced across any metric one could seriously use to judge a show of its type.

From the use of (in my opinion, god awful) pop music offering a visceral foundation in scenes of otherwise hyper-ambiguous philosophical discussion, to the grounded and cliched character clashes providing relief between moments of cinematographic exploration.

The genius of the direction in this show is the dream of making something beautiful conflated with the knowledge that modern tv audiences start to fall asleep when not confronted with something ugly.

And the fact that the themes of the show perfectly mirror its presentation gives you the immediate impression that you’re watching something great.

Week after week I would fall into an apathetic attitude as to why I was watching the show (As I do with all shows, I have a god awful attention span). I’d turn it on and begin to doodle on a sketch pad or generally not pay attention as I do with other shows. After five minutes or so, by virtue of the fact that the show is resonating and rhyming with itself like tv never does, I was always forced to stop fidgeting and give it all of my attention.

I wasn’t looking for answers as you might do for other shows e.g. “gee, I sure do wonder how this mystery is going to resolve itself, better tune in next week” I just wanted to be present and to let the makers of the show say what they wanted to say, how they were saying it, with no distractions.

Not that the young pope doesn’t have fucking next level twists and turns, they’re just presented with such a cool ‘i don’t give a fuck’ attitude that you’re forced to look for more meaning, more substance, than what you’re used to. The show uses a paradigm you’re familiar with to teach you how to see beyond it.

Like a girlfriend you think is hot in the conventional sense and who acts outwardly like her friends, but whom you find out is way smarter than you, so you’re reading french philosophers left and right just to feel worthy, in and of yourself to sleep with her.

It was never the case that the show felt in danger of losing it, or becoming bad, having a shit storyline. Any potential problems with the show felt like they escaped parsing in those terms. The only way it could have become bad was if it stopped being directed and produced by the same people with the same vision. And i never had any fear of this because Sorrentino wrote and directed every single episode.

One can point to handful of shows made by respected directors that you could stand along great arthouse film, but the young pope makes the point of looking about itself, understanding the language spoken by its contemporaries (sopranos, mad men), and using the same language to say what neither of those shows could ever muster the vision to create.

I don’t have a personal blog or anything I could post this to. And I don’t know shit about reviewing. This show just moved me and I had to write some shit about it. let this review sink into the ever changing edifice of an anonymous image board. presumably unread due to its horrible length.

tl;dr: This show was transcendent in every possible way A+, 5/5, seriously it blows all the tv I’ve ever watched the fuck out.

>tfw Spencer
>tfw Lenny's crying

It was great and it was fucking beautiful.

This is the sort of shit tv needs, fully planned mini-series stuff filmed like cinema with actual endings. Fucking 10 season episodic bullshit that goes to shit within 2 seasons.

Some of the music choices however felt a little strange to me but overall didn't really detract.

I basically feel the same, except for the pop music (which is one of Sorrentino's trademark).

>understanding the language spoken by its contemporaries (sopranos, mad men), and using the same language to say what neither of those shows could ever muster the vision to create.
Exactly. This show felt so familiar and so original at the same time.

I'm really impressed how this show is sometimes cryptic but you always end up getting a feel out of everything scene. True kino for sure.

Loving this post.

Everything he did he did for the Vatican, and he always felt tremendous guilt over his actions, he wasn't just some mole stroking scumbag schemer.

One of the most well-rounded characters in the whole production

second season is confirmed

hollywoodreporter.com/news/young-pope-producers-confirm-second-940019

we get more sorrentkino

fuck catholicism and their agenda

Disregarding a creative work just because you don't agree with its message is the plebbest attitude you can get towards any work of art/piece of media.

There's lots to be enjoyed about this show no matter how much you love cock, user.

The show is unnecessarily marketed in that way - a show about a "bad pope". However, it's not that way at all. It's more of a character piece on what would happen if there was a young, hard-headed and conservative pope in modern times. Also, lots of lulz to be had with the side characters of the Vatican.

Keep posting your pics with the funny titles. Highlights of these threads

the speech wasn't as profound as I thought it would be

Sarcasm or not, the show has lots of great moments and cinematography

No sarcasm at all, I genuinely enjoy them every time they're posted in these threads.

>Disregarding a creative work just because you don't agree with its message is the plebbest attitude you can get towards any work of art/piece of media.

Sup Forums confirmed for most plebbity plebs that ever plebbed

You should be glad that religion happened and created memes like caring for the weak. You would not be here with us without that.

>first two or so episodes have no real intro
>6 have a real intro
>2 more have different ones

?

Apparently they're going for a second season. But... well, in my opinion, if the show ended on just the first season, I wouldn't be upset at all. It ended perfectly, every loose end was tied (but who killed the Kangaroo?), and it was just a spectacular story from start to finish mixed with amazing cinematography and editing. Take a picture of any still from any scene, and you pretty much got a piece of art. Amazing show, despite some things I don't agree on, politically/religiously, but that didn't stop me at all from loving it.
I would recommend this show to anyone literally, except my mother (orgy and tits). Anyone here considering watching, my advice is try the first two episodes -- the second one is where it all starts.

Anyone want me to make some webms of the show?

Give me an episode and time and I'll make a few.

>tfw we will never have a pope like Lenny

Francis is pretty cool

I love the scene when he uses it for the first time, god this excuse was so awful

Was worth it just for episode 10 where she had a legit excuse to use not that snack time should be taken lightly

>tfw "I love you all"

Were they real?

What would you do?

>that Stand

wonder what i was doing in a wes anderson film

This

wonder what I was doing in a perfect medieval painting

wes anderson have a certain style no doubt, but that isn't it at all.

The one with the popes gathering

was it ep 9 or 10 I don't remember

this is literally the biggest meme show out there, taylor made for plebby redditers, they should just call it the young meme and be done with it or he meme pope, or even the reddit pope, or meme reddit

>wut dink of ending???
yung pop turns out to be pope
>wut is this kino series or kino??
yung kino is pope series!!! pope!!!
>was yiung pope a pope??!?!
yung pope was pope yes
>was yung pope cuck???
yung pope not cuck yung pope is poep!!!

you guys doing alright there?

do you need help?

The full scene was far far too long, so here is a small part.

Typical plebeian reaction: to hate when you do not understand.

Anderson is only similar to sorrentino in the sense that he takes a lot of care of the aesthetics, but him and Sorrentino aim for totally different effects. In Sorrentino films the aesthetic is a function of the the characters. Anderson only cares about things looking good disregarding the characters.

so Lenny poisoned the nun and inseminated the girl right?

Wrong

Well let me ask you a question

is Lenny capable of pulling that off and making others believe it was miracles

Why is everyone gesturing bye with their left hand?

but user that WAS a miracle