PUNK ADVICE

need some advice on punk music, this is literally the only punk album i've ever listened to. i'm into hip hop, country, jazz and techno if that can help

Other urls found in this thread:

open.spotify.com/user/androol_/playlist/6IClB5Tqa1MKB48hxEydAn
youtube.com/watch?v=ONTj9Hgh_To
youtube.com/watch?v=cQhxmFsuAbY
youtube.com/watch?v=evvJs1Kkffo
youtube.com/watch?v=MTFhBKwcGk0
youtube.com/watch?v=4pfiLjL6-HI
youtube.com/watch?v=9uRSm-XE1Mc
youtube.com/watch?v=deUYdveJziI
youtube.com/watch?v=18Xo8XZr7C0
youtube.com/watch?v=6Elath_vsD4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bad brains

What do you like about punk music, theres tons of styles to go into.

the aeshtetic, but i've decided to get into more "harsh" genres recently; something like minor threat or even softer, still not very used to loud guitars

Do you wanna just branch out directly from that? I'd assume another DC band like maybe SSD but I dont know a whole lot about that scene so I'll go with

Poison Idea - Pick Your King

open.spotify.com/user/androol_/playlist/6IClB5Tqa1MKB48hxEydAn

yeah, i'm starting to enjoy this kind of stuff too, but have you got something less aggressive? i know it's contrasting with punk essence but i'm a total noob

since you said you liked Hip-Hop and Jazz

>this album kills the soyboy

What does that have to do with either especially hiphop?

There is jazz influence.

The hip hop comparison was retarded

youtube.com/watch?v=ONTj9Hgh_To
youtube.com/watch?v=cQhxmFsuAbY
youtube.com/watch?v=evvJs1Kkffo
youtube.com/watch?v=MTFhBKwcGk0

Ok well that's good enough for me.

Its was indeed retarded I don't know what I was thinking.

Ok then maybe again trying to branch out directly from Minor Threat

Dag Nasty - Dag With Shawn
Rites of Spring - discography

have u tried googling "punk"
hard to rec you bands when the only punk you have listened to so far is minor threat. If you want to go deeper down that style, there are tons of 80's US hardcore bands.

Here are some classics: dead kennedys, germs, agnostic front, black flag, circle jerks, bad brains, youth of today, gorilla biscuits, government issue, cro mags

However this is just US hardcore from the 80's, like Minor Threat. It is a very specific sound. Punk is a huge genre. Dabble in different styles and find what you like. There's hardcore (itself a vast genre), dbeat, crust, folk punk, ska punk, skate punk, pop punk... and then in each of those there are different styles. Do some youtubing

1.6 Band

Listen to Black Flag's My War. It's their best album by far and only faggots think Damaged is better. it's pretty entry level.

•_•

Here just listen to every album on this list

>This one is still the undisputed GOAT. Incredibly heavy and fast considering in was released in 1982. Probably the most influential punk band ever, they inspired so many copycats (subgenre called D-beat, some of them are really good tho)
youtube.com/watch?v=4pfiLjL6-HI
>Minor Threat singer Ian Mackaye fronting a slower, more introspective, more melodic band than Minor Threat. This is the beginning of emo in the mid 80s
youtube.com/watch?v=9uRSm-XE1Mc
>Extremely catchy, tuneful and slightly melancholy while not sounding overproduced or soft at all, this band also spawned countless imitator (all the bearded gruff and melodic "orgcore" bands)
youtube.com/watch?v=deUYdveJziI
>The thinking man's Jawbreaker, Samiam blended emo and punk perfectly
youtube.com/watch?v=18Xo8XZr7C0

If you like Jazz try Refused - The Shape Of Punk To Come focus on its elements like you would a jazz record

Fugazi bitch. Any album.

>Dag With Shawn
>not Can I Say

No, I just listened to it and I very strongly insist that it's the right choice. There are moments when its literally like I'm listening to Minor Threat. Not to mention how inherently important it is anyway. I stand by this choice 100%

Punk (earlier punk, at least) has a sizable jazz influence, especially in the drumming. Even skramz has a notable jazz influence, like Off Minor for example.

Fair enough. imo Shawn is a poor man's Dave. He just sounds bored and his vocal range isn't really impressive

youtube.com/watch?v=6Elath_vsD4
The drummer and bassist used to be in a jazz band iirc. It's more obvious on other songs but I can't think of a better example right now

this

you might like some pop punk, like icon for hire, the dirty youth, and the letter black

Do you guys like Distillers?

I'm not even gonna bother with your suggestions lmao

You just KNOW this is gonna suck

Yes