I think Eddie Redmayne took the role of Newt Scamander too far into the depths of autism...

I think Eddie Redmayne took the role of Newt Scamander too far into the depths of autism. Is Newt supposed to be this autistic in the books?

No he's English

If he were, I wouldn't know, I haven't wasted my time reading the spin-off of one of dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. I mean, come on, each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Jokes are not as funny if you milk them

He sounds autistic to begin with honestly

Its beyond milked

you are clearly not british

Why can't we have our Harry Potter threads? Why does this pasta have to be spammed in EVERY thread? Does seeing people enjoy things really irk you that bad? Time to leave the house, senpai.

what?

Fag

Its autism

He's not really in the books. Basically he's only mentioned as the author of one of the text books. No backstory at all.

Newt isn't a character in the books, he's just listed as the author of 'Fantastic beasts and where to find them', a 42 page novelty textbook with info about cool imaginary animals Rowling put out along with a Quidditch handbook while writing the series.
Eddie Redmayne and the producers decided to make him literally Doctor Who: the character, because Harry Tumblr and Doctor Tumblr have the same fan base: tumblr.

Who cares? He was really fuckable in this movie. Basically Redmayne always looks so ethereal and innocent that it brings out your inner depravity and makes you want to break him. He brought that characteristic to Newt so it makes perfect sence why Grindelwald wants to kick his caboose loose.

Fantastic Beasts is not based on a book.

>Newt Scamander
>Newt Salamander
Bravo Rowling, bravo.

t. fagboi

kill yourself

that god tier is pretty crappy pleb
back to /lit/

he's not that autistic
there are a lot of character who try too hard to be "le weird" in current media

Scamander is on a very low level, he's not even retarded.

>cast Eddie Redmayne in a role and expect him not to fuck it up with his autism

What did you even expect ?

If he had been autistic he would've been lining up his animals according to height.

He's just socially awkward, doesn't make eye contact because he doesn't like people. He only opens up when talking about things he's obsessed with and doesn't understand why other people aren't obsessed with them too. He gets irritated when people contradict their previous words.

Basically he's like every 4channer except he's actually cute and not a neckbeard like the rest of you pieces of shit.

>"No!"

Like clockwork.

On a note aside from the autism. Anyone else find it bullshit that he wont be the main character after this? Like why even make a movie centered arouns him if he is just going to be a glorified side character in the sequels?

It was originally supposed to be a trilogy about Newt. Warner Brothers realized that their DC universe is tanking so they practically begged JKR to write in Grindelwald and Dumbledore so it could be 5 films.

The cast was unaware that their trilogy was now a pentalogy. Eddie Redmayne in particular was pissed; he has oscars to win, dammit! So finally they've reached a deal wherein Eddie will be the main in 3 movies and then in 4 and 5 grindelwald and dumbledore will have their gay little fight while he chases butterflies in the background or some shit

So basically it's now a soap opera about two gay wizards. Nice.

I doubt that Rowling can be convinced with money
She just probably wanted to tell a few more stories, god bless her
don't be so pessimistic

>WHAT MAKES DUMBLEDORE SO FOND OF YOU REEEEEE

theyre setting up the grindelwald/newt rape scene for next movie. why else would they hire johnny sex abuser depp and eddie dsl redmayne?

who said she needed money? they just needed to tell her that anything she shits out is gold

she's been aware of that for 10+ years yet it didnt change her work
her books were great, fantastic beasts was great, no reason to think that what she's about to do won't be
if you don't like her work that's fine but i don't think your speculation has any basis

it's not speculation when it's true. i'm not bashing jkr and i did like fantastic beasts, but it's clear that executive meddling is warner bros' trademark right now and that's why they rushed in the inclusion of grindelwald and we're getting such conflicting information about the sequels.

I just don't see how they have the slightist influence over her writing
Why would she rush anything she didn't want to include in the first place? Do you think it's impossible that she just changed her mind and decided that the story is going to be longer?

Fat muggle baker man was the best character

Nah, he's just sort of skittish, like his animals.