Metal / Metalcore bands with great guitarists

Here is the TLDR version if you don't wish to read my entire post.

>I'm looking for newer metal / metalcore / harcore bands to start listening to that also have great guitar players. I recently started listening to Asking Alexandria and Beartooth

Recently I started getting into more metal, metalcore, and even djent type stuff also. Songs with breakdowns, great riffs and solos. I enjoy Asking Alexandria and even some Meshuggah. I'm 32 and have played guitar since the age of 12. Of course I have always loved playing Metallica and Pantera type bands too just not as much. My interest on guitar has almost completely been blues guitar, SRV, BB, and even newer players like John Mayer and KWS.

I have always played Fender guitars, I own several, strats and teles. I bought a Chapman ML3 Pro Modern last week which was just delivered this morning and really want to get into playing harder stuff. So bought one I thought looked great and designed for heavy stuff, had great reviews. I also bought a EMG humbucker telecaster kit, and also a new hardtail bridge with a humbucker slot instead of single coil, and pickgaurd, which I'm still waiting to be delivered tomorrow which I'm going to install in one of my telecasters that I already routed for 2x humbuckers (like the Jim Root telecaster)

Can yall list some bands they enjoy that are heavy, and fit into the metalcore and other related / close genres that also have great guitar players that do more than just open chugs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c5MIP3fmKjk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

protest the hero

Kurt Ballou from Converge
Ben Weinman from Dillinger Escape Plan
Steven Brodsky on the first Cave In album
Both Botch albums

Some obvious stuff

Not to self promote but you legit might be into my band Issues, our guitar player is an alien

youtube.com/watch?v=c5MIP3fmKjk

>metalcore
>dude drop D XDDDDDDD RAWR XD

Your guitar player is VERY, VERY average

thanks guys i will check them all out

nice tune dude, I will check out some more once I get off work today. Bookmarked.

deftoans

>chuggah chuggah guitar riffs followed by the sugariest, saccharine pop vocals you've heard. Also your lyrics are hideous. Stop watching Jared Dines and listen to actual metalcore made before the year 2000

metalcore didn't exist before jared dines

Avenged Sevenfold aren't that great IMO but goddamn their guitarist has chops.

Fuck if you're really in Issues I just wanna say you guys do a really good job of mixing genres and especially your songwriting. Your bassist has a pretty sick metal taste too

I really think Jared is funny and good as a youtuber but his bands are always bad, that's sad.

Between the Buried and Me has got some great metalcore chops on Alaska and more proggy death metal stuff on Colors and Parallax if that's your fancy.

Candiria
Vildhjarta
Converge
Rolo Tomassi
The Dillinger Escape Plan
Code Orange
Northlane
Glass Cloud
Emmure

I should listen more to Northlane, saw them open from Parkway Drive and was surprised.

thanks again for all the recommendations. will check them all out tonight

Honestly their 1st and 2nd albums are their best materiel
If you like them check out Struc/tures and Volumes

Corny-ass music aside.. that is one of the stupidest music videos I have ever seen.

Did you guys get your name from the Korn album?

i listened to a few of your songs, if that is really your band......great work. really. i do not know much about that style of music but it seems pretty good, and it takes a lot of effort and work to accomplish getting a record deal as a REAL band with REAL instruments.

They changed vocalist right?

>REAL band with REAL instruments.

Yeah I think the lyrics were a surprising standout on their 2nd album especially and I'm a guy whose generally passive to most lyric subjects in metal but they got some real inspiring shit

hopefully their new vocalist can live up to him

Ya not my favorite desu

Nah but not a bad coincidence.

Your mom has good trigger discipline

Go to bed David Grohl.

if you're really in issues your second album was dog shit and you need to write songs that aren't about black lives matter

Metalcore is easily the worst genre of metal. How embarassing

remind me of Architects

Pre 2000s no
After 2000s there is a lot of garbage, yes

Metalcore has ALWAYS been garbage. Get over it, Jared Dines