Big F for my best buddy of many years my iPod Classic

Big F for my best buddy of many years my iPod Classic.

What is the best replacement?

Other urls found in this thread:

head-fi.org/showcase/category/digital-audio-flac-mp3-etc-players-daps.277/
alphr.com/audio/1001325/how-to-revive-your-old-ipod-classic-with-an-ssd
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

spotify on your phone big dummy

cringe

F
sd card on your phone

it barely has any of the artists I want to listen to

I use my phone with an unlimited data plan and an 128gb sd card. I also have Spotify premium + bandcamp and soundcloud for streaming. Then the artists I can not find on any of those platforms I download and put on the micro sd.

Also, F

>killing your phone battery this quick

buy an used ipod classic, it's what I'm planning on doing when mine dies

alternatives for people with shit phones with shit SD drivers?

>streaming music

why the fuck does apple not make these any more

I want to buy one but I feel nervous about buying used shit on ebay. there is a market for high capacity mp3 players god damnit

if you have a 128gb card whats the point of spotify

switch out the HD yourself if its otherwise in working condition.

Sometimes I want to listen to stuff I normally wouldn't listen to it. Also helps with parties etc. or when people recommend me stuff. It's just convenient desu, also I like following other people's playlists.

>why he asks
senpai these things have like 20x times the storage of their most entry level shitty ipod (which at this point is basically just an iphone that can't make phonecalls) and were sold for like half the price. Also they keep saying they can't purchase the hardware for the micro HDD used for the classics but I'm pretty sure it's just a massive jewish lie, they're pulled em off just to make more money.

I like spotify for its discover weekly playlists

Mine died too, I got myself a sony mp3 player with way less space, life's sad

>i these things have like 20x times the storage
I know, that's why I want one

the only mp3 player I have is 8GB. you know how many albums 8GB of music is at 320kbps? like 75. fuck that.

buy an iPhone and re-encode your music to a lower bitrate

>buy an iPhone
>re-encode your music to a lower bitrate

Me too, when mine dies, I'm buying another one.
Mine is 8 years old, still hanging in there.

buy an used one, they go for 100-150 bucks max where I live

How is this thing?

You normie

Any phone with a microsd card slot. They make them in up to 2 TB now.

I miss my sansa clip+ though. Fuck em for stopping manufacturing of them.

You do realize devices like this exist outside of the classic ipod, ones that you can just drag and drop files onto

This is word for word what I do as well.

>2T sd card on a PHONE

What kind of phones support 2T sd cards? Sounds like a very expensive phone and a very expensive SD card to me, also phones batteries are a massive meme. Tbh I'd suggest OP to buy a 2nd hand Ipod classic.

I'm selling my 160gb classic.

PM me

>spending $600 on a microsd card

yeah but they all look like shite

epic

F. Maybe have a rest from it? Get a wireless or something.

I don't think I've ever heard anything bad about their products, but the best place to get opinions/reviews on portable audio players is the headfi forums, that's my goto place to ask about anything like this

head-fi.org/showcase/category/digital-audio-flac-mp3-etc-players-daps.277/

A cheap little sansa clip with a big sd card has always served me well, plays at a high quality and supports pretty much any format including FLAC

a great choice that's very affordable.
only downside I had with it would be the build quality not being very heavy and sturdy. it's not bad by any means but feels abit more plastic than it actually looks.

No, they don't my burando whore friend

My classic 120gb ipod just deleted everything and is now empty. Wtf? What does that mean? It works apparently like you can turn it on and flip thru everything but the 90gbs of music I had on it just is ant there anymore. Is it.done?

proof? doubt the design is as nice as the ipod classic one
did it fall? sometimes a fall can corrupt some of the data which results in a total wipe when you connect it to your itunes, just plug it back in and copy everything again. Shouldnt take too long.

My sister bought me an Ipod for some reason when I was a teenager. I sold it for weed money a couple months later and felt bad.

another one on eBay

they're getting expensive

You can pirate Spotify on Android or iOS. If anyone is really curious just hmu

they make iphones with pretty big capacity's now. you can't have your entire library but you can have a good amount and just change the music you have on it whenever you wnat

I found a guide on how to replace the HDD with an SSD, havent tried it (looks a bit difficult because of apple)
alphr.com/audio/1001325/how-to-revive-your-old-ipod-classic-with-an-ssd

This one is cute :3

The only real market for DAPs now are either another phone like thing like ipod touch or the hi-fi brands with good chipsets and built-in DACs that start at $400+ or so, some of them are actually beautiful

Nothing wrong with buying a used ipod classic, it gets the job done

>Nothing wrong with buying a used ipod classic
except they're sketchy and expensive

Looks really cool but is it as durable? my classic dropped countless times

can it scrobble though

can an ipod classic scrobble?

Hifiman is known for making really durable top end stuff so I'm sure, but I'd probably consult some place like about stuff like that for a reasonable price- I wouldn't be surprised if the thing I posted was $1.5k

Checked on website, apparently it's like $450

Filled mine yesterday. Now what?

You filled 128GB? How about take some shit off that you never listen to.

through itunes, yes

No point in highballing like this unless you also have the dosh for high end headphones and amp tbqh

I own this Sansa Clip+, they're tiny and super convenient. I've had it for years with no problem. I use it with RockBox and iSyncer and its better than my old iPod

get a walkman

How big of an SD card can you put in these?

This is what I was using for years, eventually stopped turning on for me. RockBox would lose its shit every now and then, but it worked pretty well and was super small and convenient. The UI is a huge pain in the ass to navigate through if you have a large library, as the display is pretty shit.

I'm fairly certain you can format any size micro SD for them.

>screen that big
drops once and it's gone

Up to 128 GB formatting them to FAT32 I believe.

Anyone with slight technical knowledge can replace a phone battery. It's just a matter of fucking the waterproofing on most high-end phones, which is a meme anyway.

Are there any music players with physical buttons instead of a touch screen?

Sansa Clip, but seriously buttons are absolute fucking garbage if you have a large library.

>people actually using MP3 players in 2017

In what way?

That really isn't a lot. My 160gb classic is full

>In what way?
You have keep pressing a button again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again to scroll through a lot of content?
And unless there's a feature where the scrolling speeds up to a brisk pace when holding down the button, you're also gonna have a bad time waiting for ages to scroll where you want to go.

Scroll speeds are usually pretty shit, hard as fuck to navigate when you're driving, etc.

was meant for

Give a reason to not use mp3 players, besides "it's not popular"

i don't know why anyone is posting anything other replacing it with the same thing again. fork it out. you have had the best there is. why settle for anything less?

Most reasonably priced MP3 players have shit memory or don't have slots for SD cards. OR they have expandable memory but shit UI.

Why carry around 2 devices (your phone and your mp3 player) when you can carry around one?

But this thread is about the iPod classic which has 160GB storage

>iPod 5.5 can be upgraded to 1TB
>Rockbox
>aka 30,000 hours of FLAC with incredibly low battery drain b/c SSD
Perfect storage, perfect look, perfect UI
What the hell else could anyone ever want?

>his music folder is

My phone can't hold all my music, I don't want to use data and a lot of my 1950s nigerian post-trot jazzfolk isn't on spotify or other services

You have more than 160GB storage on your phone?

Then your phone is a piece of shit because it doesn't have expandable memory slots.

I don't, I use Apple Music for my on-the-go music needs anymore as I got tired of buying memory.

Yeah, and you also have to buy them used, they are no longer supported by their maker, and they are still expensive as shit years and year later. Just get a fucking Android phone dude. Also,
>flac

>tfw found my iPod Classic at a mexican pawn shop
>less than 50 usd
>mugged two weeks ago
>they took my Sennheisers and iPod
>can't find any iPods at pawn shops now

that'll teach for walking around listening to music in a shitty area.

people like you are just so new at life, you need to be mugged to learn.

I had them both inside my jacket lmao

I'd like to see you walk around in a cartel-run city white boy

Where do you live user?

Axon 7 with 256gb sd filled with flacs and Spotify downloaded songs. The Axon 7 has a great audio chip

Tijuana, MX
Cartel is back in town and our DA has made law a joke, an american-born doctor threw his ex-wife outside a 9th story window and they let him go the next day, so the cartel can pretty much have as many people pillaging the streets as they want.

I'm plenty sure my stolen shit was just pawned to buy crack but I haven't found the iPod at any fuckin' pawn shop nearby...

>What is the best replacement?
An iphone with Spotify streaming.

>he listens to music that can be found on spotify

>muh rare music!
>muh weeb shit

>im a huge pleb and i love top 40 rock radio
>im gonna listen to tool on spotify
>WHOOPS

Hey normie, I think you got lost. This here's Sup Forums.

>Not a single mention of this masterpiece of technology
Let's change that, shall we?

3DS Sound. SD Card. Music Player. StreetPass. Get it. NOW.

Most Sup Forums core albums can be found directly on Spotify, special snowflakes

wow retard believe it or not most of us have been browsing Sup Forums for years and have grown out of those because we aren't 17

>most Sup Forumscore
Wow, how could I possibly turn down a mediocre collection of very popular music for which I have to pay a monthly fee if I want to disable shuffle?

>listening to Sup Forumscore

this
it's great for meeting people at events that share your taste in music too. i was at a convention and it alerted me to this other guy that was also into Yes. we didnt really talk at the convention but we still hang out on a dischord to talk about vidya.

>this is Sup Forums!

>*most of entry level Sup Forums core is directly on Spotify*

>lol that's just shit!

good job moving goalposts

If you stay on Sup Forums for longer than a month and "some Sup Forumscore" is enough for you, then you deserve to pay for a streaming service

Really? I've been kinda rough on mine and I haven't had any problems

i'm neither of them, how is this moving goal posts

apple music has an objectively better selection of music than spotify. literally reconsider your life you dumb fucking idiot.

>wanting to listen to music other than what spotify has managed to curate for you
>special snowflake
That's some mighty cucked thinking for someone who talks like a Sup Forumstard