Why do I love this but not their other stuff?

Why do I love this but not their other stuff?

Cuz you suck

Try listening to it while high on good sativa, it just seems void and pathetic

I mean i guess it could. Sometimes Beware feels a little indulgent or something

I feel the same. There are some other tracks I like such as I've Seen Footage or Giving Bad People Good Ideas, but Exmilitary is the only consistently great album imo

It just takes some time user. After a while you'll get drawn more and more in the other albums and you'll start appreciating the different kind of production in every album more an more

I think the money store is overrated and one of their worst releases. I like exmilitary and bottomless pit the most

Death Grips is just a meme. People just love it to be ironic and hipster. You can't even understand what MC Ride is saying 95% of the time and when you look at the lyrics it's just the most cringy emo trash the goth kid in your high school would have wrote. B-but they talk about suicide and violence! So does every other fucking artist, except with the others you can actually understand what they're saying and they have better production. B-but it's supposed to be sound chaotic and messy!!!11 The whole chaotic and dark thing has been done better. Random loud noises and a meme man yelling doesn't equal good music.

Zach Hill and Stefan make good art, but their songs are for ugly, white, basement dwelling tryhards that think they're deep when they're just following another meme/fad/trend.

I can't believe I just read this pile of shit

>anime poster
>no actual response

The intellect of the Death Grips fanbase. The Rick & morty fags

While I disagree with a lot of what he has to say, if you read the comments on any of their videos, some of this is atleast partially true. The fans seem like they like it for meme purposes

maybe i just like it the same way i like other music? ever thought about that?

Exmilitary is probably their "objectively" best album but I really love their other shit more.

Your IQ is so low you can't even reply to the right post. Sad!
Does a band's fanbase factor into how good their music is? I really don't think it matters.

I've seen a few people who feel this way and I think it's because it's their most recognizably hip-hop album that they've made. The long spoken samples, the Public Enemy style samples in general, the tight drums and distinct sectioning of the songs makes it easy to get into. The rest of their music is much more intentionally obtuse, so I get why people might not like it as much.

I legitimately agree, except replace Bottomless Pit with Niggas On The Moon

Bottomless Pit is my favorite, different people have different tastes

fuck you

I unironically agree OP, I really like the sampling and variety of Exmil, love the feature. I do like The Powers That B though and some songs off bottomless pit. They definitely grow on you.

JD = ExMil >

Exmilitary as a whole has music with the most recognizable structure, and incorporates familiar instruments and samples. I feel like Ride's vocals really flow on top of the beat, rather than being utilized as another track, like he is mixed in several other albums.

More memorable and good songs by themselves desu

I like The Money Shop much better to be honest, but whatever