All memes aside, was he right about The Beatles?

All memes aside, was he right about The Beatles?

Other urls found in this thread:

factorysunburst.wordpress.com/2014/08/31/piero-scaruffi-and-truth/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He has a few interesting points but overall no.

Yes (not true by the way)

He's right that music critics aren't good historians, but that also includes him.

Yes.

No.

Nope.
Essential reading coming your direction.
factorysunburst.wordpress.com/2014/08/31/piero-scaruffi-and-truth/

i see the beatles soyboys have already infested this thread.Sorry your favorite band did nothing but copy actual talented artists and package it for a white audience

Go to bed old italian bitch

yes

scaruffi has like 20k write ups about all kinds of media,do you really think he has the time to browse Sup Forums
I used to hate him for giving my favorite albums 6s and 7s at first too,but the more music i listened to the more i started agreeing with him and looking for innovation more

He gave my favorite album a 9.5 but I still think he's an old italian bitch who thinks that is smart but he really isn't

He hates the Beatles because they're white working class guys who made it, not because of any of their musical faults

Who here can honestly say that a Beatles album is one of their favourite albums?

Who here can honestly say that they regularly play any Beatles album?

Who here can honestly say they were ever blown away by a Beatles album?

Who here can honestly say that a Beatles album ever affected them on a deep emotional level?

Let's be honest, the Beatles were a pop act. They were good at writing pop songs. But so what? They didn't truly innovate anything. They may have popularised certain things that weren't in the mainstream in the 60s. But their music is shallow.

i would say he is somewhat smart considering he has written so much quality and has a degree in artificial intelligence

>who thinks that is smart but he really isn't
Haha, you say that like you have the intellectual authority to support such a claim. Calm down, kid. Accomplish something first.

Funny that you said that while defending a music critic.

Not even close, and the article posted does a pretty good job of going over the general things he gets wrong. If you're new, never take Sup Forums's memes or really any Sup Forums meme seriously as they were never intended to be taken seriously. That being said, newer guys always do.

You can be smart in a specific niche and ignorant as fuck about other things.

Noam Chomsky is a brilliant linguist but a fucking embarrassing dumbass when it comes to politics, for example. Same goes for Scaruffi.

That's not his job though. Get real.

I would say music and media in general IS his niche

No, too many errors, omissions, and general misunderstanding of music history.

It doesn't matter if it's his job or not, he still does it.

Nope, it's computer science and artificial intelligence. Media is obviously his free time stuff, and it shows.

>It doesn't matter if it's his job or not, he still does it.
... what. I said accomplish something (and I meant professionally).

So you have no respect for music criticism, yet you judge a PhD with a 20+ years college experience based on said music criticism ? How pedantic can you get.

Go to sleep you pastakike

All of this is wrong and you should be ashamed.

This is a music board. We're talking about him as a music critic. And, as a music critic, he's a fucking retard.