Newt Scamander Will Not Be The Focus Of Future FANTASTIC BEASTS Sequels

>"I don't think Newt will be at the heart of all of them," producer David Heyman told Cinema Blend. "Tina, Queenie and Jacob - will be part of the next one."
>When asked who the focus would shift to instead, Heyman replied with "Dumbledore and Credence and Grindelwald...they will be the main players."

cinemablend.com/news/1586630/fantastic-beasts-ending-a-key-scene-that-was-cut-and-why

That's a lot of bait and switch in a Harry Potter movie

"meh"

> "Dumbledore and Credence and Grindelwald
>Credence

S P O I L E R S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

Is that Nick Wooster?

>i'm gonna mortdecai the shit outta this one

>HP spinoff movies about Newt Scamander
>Sorry fanboys newt is only in the first movie

Suckers!

>Grindelwald
>pale white skin
>blonde hair
>blue eyes
>Hitler youth undercut

what did those kikes mean by this? We're really living in the meme timeline where Johnny Depp is about to be a villain for 4 Harry Potter movies

I'm far more buttmad that Ferrell isn't the villain, he did a decent job. Far better than a Sparrow Hitler would ever be.

>perfect opportunity to introduce and flesh out new characters while giving nods to the larger hp universe
>instead give us more Dumblydorr and Grindenwald
d
r
o
p
p
e
d

>Hitler youth undercut
Ferrells version looked so much better, but hes also not a bloated drunk so that might just be why

Ferrell actually looked like he belonged in the Harry Potter universe though. Depp just looks so out of place here.

LOL LOOK IM IN HARRY POTTER NOW TOO ISNT THAT CRAZY

good fuck eddie redmayne he's the reason I refuse to pay to watch this.

How is the cinematography in this? I tried watching a few scenes of this cam rip i found, but it was shit so i'm thinking i might just go to the theatre instead. is it worth it?

He looks like the biggest cocksucker in history. His entire face is designed to suck cock and look aesthetically pleasing as fuck while he does so.

It's great

>Credence
Nice.
But look at Depp in that pic. They used makeup to give the illusion of cheekbones on his bloated wino face.
Colin Farrell has quietly become a really good actor. I loved him in that scene where he's interrogating Newt about the Obscurus and everything. That part where he sentences Newt and Tina to death and shushes them so callously was pure fucking villain kino. And he's also much more age appropriate for Grindelwald, who should only be about 40 during Fantastic Beasts.

I feel like Depp was making character decisions on his own and the polite Brits were too meek to tell him to fuck himself.
>I want a milky eye, for character reasons.
>o-ok, Mr Depp...
>I want a weird little mustache, for character reasons.
>o-ok, Mr Depp...
>I want REALLY blonde hair. Like way too blonde, for character reasons.
>o-ok, Mr Depp...
He also somehow looked like a complete fool in the same clothes Farrell looked awesome in just 20 seconds earlier.

I'm pretty mad that Colin Farrel won't be in the sequels, he was fucking awesome in this.

Creedence coming back is cool, literally how though?

It's worth $10 for sure.

Didn't you see that part of Credence fly away? Newt looked right at it and smiled.

doesn't a bit of his obscurus float away at the end?

Who gives a single fuck lol

Its Dull and uninspiring. No sense of scale or wonder. Everything is grey and bland and they don't do a close up on a persons face until 20 minutes into the movie.

Kek wow I must have missed it completely. I was wondering why Newt smiled, I just chalked it up to autism

Shut up nerd

Why would they say all the stuff about LeStrange if he's not coming back?

He'll be back, just not a huge part of it.

Really don't care about Jacob though.

What did Grindwlwald mumble to Newt when he walked past? I couldn't hear him.

he told him the truth about the jews

Look at the quote again. He won't be at the heart of "all of them." If he meant Newt wouldn't be at the heart of any of them he probably would have said as much.
I think it was something like "Will we all die, just a little?" or something like that. I remember thinking
>wat

What we know thus far…

>Four sequels

>Grindelwald is the main villain

>The first sequel will be set in Europe and only Newt, Tina, Queenie, and Jacob will return

>Scamander will not be the main character

>The “fantastic beasts” will not be the focus

>The First Wizarding War will be the focus of the sequels

>A younger Dumbledore will be featured and they'll show his legendary duel with Grindelwald

>Credence survived and Obscurials will have some importance

>Scamander's evil flame Leta Lestrange (played by Zoe Kravitz) will have a pivotal role

>The fifth movie will end with Voldemort's rise to power

zzzzzzzzzzz

fucking rowling man. who wants to see a war and dumbledore and voldermort rising to power to set up the harry pottermovies

why couldnt this have been a movie or movie series that is set in ht same world but stands on its own

Hobbit 2.0 coming through, I'm looking forward to when it's forgotten about and has no lasting cultural impact or legacy

>Leta Lestrange (played by Zoe Kravitz)
>Zoe Kravitz
I'm not even in the slightest bit Sup Forums but will they really expect me to beliebve that an old British (or French considering that name) wizarding family would have black members?

I don't know but it's so strane to imagine a black girl roaming in Britain in the 1920s. Surely folks were racist then?

>The fifth movie will end with Voldemort's rise to power
When was that established?

"we all die, just a little" i think

>Voldemort's rise to power
What? In fucking 1945?

they're stupid because they already said Dumbeldore and Newt have lines together in the next movie

It's not that he isn't in it though that's what they make it sound like

grindelwald has nothing to do with voldemort you tard

It would obviously require a time jump, dingus. Grindelwald wasn't defeated until 1945.

rise to power likely isn't the right phrase, but 1945 is the same year Tom Riddle graduates from Hogwarts. or what said

Voldemort's rise to power? Where are you getting that?

is right, never seen that established.

The movies go til 1945, that's been stated. Voldemort is only 19 at that point, so he would still be working in a shop. Thrilling.

Voldemort graduates from Hogwarts in 1945. It has been estabished that he had already murdered and made his first Horcrux and brought together some of the original Death Eaters at that point. The last scene of the movie will be something related to Voldemort at Hogwarts in his 7th year. Cap this.

>dingus.
I wish for you to retract that right now faggot.

You worded yourself poorly as said, and I bear no blame in that.

I copied the post from another thread. Its a mix of stuff provided in interviews and rumours

also as notes, seems pretty obvious voldemort will factor in somehow

As a nod, sure. They'll be like, oh hey there TOM RIDDLE, nice RING or something at the end when they visit Hogwarts or something.

No rise to power stuff. Never going to happen. He was literally working in a shop for a few years, and showing him randomly murdering someone doesn't work from a writing standpoint (during the war, when he would have done it) because it has no connection with the grindelwald plot

You quoted 2 different posters, dingus.

I imagine it will be something like Grindelwald makes a final proclamation as he lies defeated
>Someone else will take my place, and finally rule over the muggles
and then they have a brief scene where Dumbledore visits Tom Riddle to keep tabs on him.

>Why would they say all the stuff about LeStrange if he's not coming back?

There's nothing to say. They just inserted that shit as a nod to the original series and in case they want to introduce some more drama later. It's 100% undeveloped.

I meant to do that though?

Are you such an idiot that you didn't catch my purpose for doing that?

They cast Zoe Kravitz in the role already.
>i was only pretending to be retarded
Sure.

The 4th movie will have an after the credits scene which will be Voldemort murdering the Riddles. The 5th movie's last scene will be Voldemort talking to the ghost of Helena Ravenclaw and then finding the diadem, making the first Horcrux.

This shit rights itself, how do you not see this happening?

>lel wut are we gonna see him at a shop or something? how fucking boring m8

ur an idiot

There's nothing to show though, up to that point Voldemort's only followers were his roommates and they mostly just bullied other kids with dark magic.

I don't really see it though... he was never really about "ruling" the muggles. I mean, yeah that was in his plans, but in order to allow Wizards to come out of hiding. He was all about the greater good, as he saw wizarding society and prosperity as something that was being quashed. He wanted wizards to rise up and seize control of society... but then after the exchange, to treat muggles better (for their own good).

He even told Voldemort to go fuck himself, and found remorse later in life.

He's not pure evil, just an extremist.

>lemme make things up cause I don't know what to say anymore
Huh?

He quoted two people because he was referencing how someone else (the second person he tagged) said you worded yourself poorly.

Don't be a dingus yourself now.

Yeah and how will they fit it into the narrative? one moment they're in central Europe with Grindelwald, next you see a scene with a boy at Hogwarts talking to a ghost? it doesn't fit. Showing Riddle's "rise to power" will only work if it's the main narrative of a movie, and even that would probably have to be a series because it takes place over 35 years.

That's just shit writing, they'd have to introduce him and all that nonsense.

If it happens, fine, whatever... but it'll be shit. And it's not indicated by any releases from Rowling or the studio.

Seriously? You're incapable of reading two entire posts before looking like a total moron?

Thank you for upholding justice in this hellhole user.

But neither villain has clear motivations at any point.
It's 3 different people. Assuming one post must be from the same poster of another post is dingus behavior.

>there's nothing to show
>murdering the Riddles
>making the first Horcrux deep in the woods of Albania
>nothing to show

>This shit rights itself
>rights
Back to

I thought this would be a mockumentary thing about researching monsters

Read the title/article user,

Newt IS in the movie, he just isn't the focus/lead.

Meh, my apologies then, as I'd thought you to be the poster behind the "rise to power" post from here .

It would be completely detached from the plot and only serve to disrupt the narrative.

>that's just shit writing

Yeah, so, like the rest of everything HP related? They fucking pulled Johnny Depp out of Colin Ferrells ass. I imagine it will be something like that.

>how will they fit it into the narrative
>implying they give a shit about that garbage

Capeshit does crap like this all the time. Dumbledore will talk to Voldemort at Hogwarts after winning the medal of magical merit or something.

Voldemort's "rise to power" will be like 2-3 scenes tops. Don't see what's so hard to grasp about this.

>>making the first Horcrux deep in the woods of Albania

He made it back in Hogwarts. The Diadem wasn't the first.

>>murdering the Riddles

Which connects to the plot how?

If they wanted to do that they'd have shown it in HBP, but they actually chose to omit his scenes.

>hehehe you almost had me there but fortunately you made a minor grammatical spelling error so thankfully I no longer have to address what you're saying and can just tell you to go back to your containment board

>They fucking pulled Johnny Depp out of Colin Ferrells ass. I imagine it will be something like that.
Yeah, 'cause it's not like making yourself look like someone else as a means of infiltration was ever previously established. Oh wait...

Grindelwald has motivations they explore a bit in Deathly Hallows.

Voldemort was just a sociopath, born without love.

>>implying they give a shit about that garbage

Those movies are shit but they aren't THAT shit. Do you remember how condensed the HP movies were? they don't have unlimited time to show all kinds of irrelevant shitty scenes. There's simply no reason.

>autism speaks

>minor
Wew boy.

You guys are acting like HP is some masterfully crafted and written work of art. This is capeshit. They literally just pulled a massive ass pull at the end of Fantastic Beasts as it is. You don't think they're going to pull any more cheap tricks? You don't think normies will sperg out if the final scene is young Voldemort at Hogwarts or making the first horcrux? You're fucking stupid then.

sea

he's also like 15 years younger

And therefore the more accurate age Grindelwald should have then.

Johnny Depp is such a worse actor than Colin Farrell that it is ridiculous. Why the hell would they switch him out like that?

It would be like if you had Emma Watson as your best friend for years, and instead of putting her prime pussy on tap you opt instead to marry a Ginger who isn't even good enough to be considered a butterface.

>mfw every single person has mentioned how they would rather Farrell by Grindel

Do you think WB know they fucked up by casting Johnny Just?

>too stupid to get the joke
>"f-fuck you... i win the argument...!"
RIGHTS, you fucking moron. Rights? Sup Forums? Get it, you dumb bastard? They're always complaining about their rights. Anything?

>they aren't THAT shit

yeah, you're as stupid as I thought you were. There's simply no reason to show Voldemort when the normies who eat this shit will go fucking bonkers.

>everyone knows about polyjuice potion
>highest wizarding authoritative bodies are infiltrated by dark wizards using a commonly known method of deception

yeah because the super magical congress wouldn't have any way at all to detect if a fucking dark lord was infiltrating their organization. Talk about shit fucking writing

It was shown in the movie that he actually survived.

Who will play young Dumbledore in the inevitable sequel?

>h-h-hehe i wuz just joking f-fags

right

As if the movies ever gave a shit about the age of the actors. Snape should have been in his early 30's at the start of the series and they cast a late 50's actor. The Potters died at 21, and they were played by middle aged nobodies.

>complaining about their RIGHTS
>not "muh muh alt-RIGHT"

poorly done, poorly done

>Yeah, I am to stupid too get teh joke! So what?
>yeah because the super magical congress wouldn't have any way at all to detect if a fucking dark lord was infiltrating their organization
Children infiltrated the Ministry run by paranoid dark wizards. Get your autism under control.
They probably cast him before his life blew up.

There must have been some sort of contractual disagreement between Farrell and the stuido

>French considering that name
It's more likely in french than english.

Also, I always got the impression wizards had their own priorities on racial purity: magical breeding is more important than ethnic.

>>A younger Dumbledore will be featured and they'll show his legendary duel with Grindelwald
You probably mean their legendary, Marxist first date.

>new movie franchise
>no degenerate shit shoved into it

Don't be so naive.

They'll go all out with gay Dumbledore on this one.

>Snape should have been in his early 30's at the start of the series and they cast a late 50's actor.
To be fair, those I'd blame on the books not being ended yet when they'd begun their script, and Snape was an actor where the age mattered little considering how fitting he was for the role.

With Depp, I'm not getting that feel and guy looks 60 when he should be 25-something.

Yeah sure, while we're at it why not show Harry's grandfather and have young Moody and McGonagall in a love triangle with Riddle, and bring back Slughorn and Ollivander for a cameo.

This is just like The Hobbit and SW prequels.

Yeah, the movie had a black female magical POTUS in 1926.

I thought they weren't in a physical relationship. Dumbledore was just crushing hardbody on Gellert and Grindelwald picked up on this and used this to manipulate Dumbledore

my pick would be Jared Harris

>this butthurt that nobody cared about his stupid containment board "joke"

my advice to you is don't quit your day job

that's spot on actually

He was always going to be a disguise for Grindelwald, idiot. Grindelwald assumed another character's identity to infiltrate the MCUSA.