/midsomermurders/

is there a comfier show than Midsomer Murders?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_Sv6TO11TNg
youtube.com/watch?v=YTZK9FNgK74
imdb.com/title/tt0647482/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Murder she wrote.

>in S10 when they started adding black extras in the background

>there are still people alive in the bloodbath of a county that is Midsomer
How

Poirot

The_Donald

>is there a comfier show than Midsomer Murders?
No

>It's an evil twin cousins episode

how big is midsomer and how come they never know each other despite living in the same rural village for generations.

TELEKINO COMING THROUGH

[Spoiler]>trust no one, not even dog's best friend

It's a sad indictment of British culture how Midsomer went from "Whites Only, fags are disgusting" to standard diversity yay propaganda.

You could never have a character like Seargent Troy these days.

Midsomer is a county that contains hundreds of villages.

ST:TOS is also extremely comfy but it's a special kind of comfy.

>Those ratings
Holy shit. Do you agree with this?

>it's a brother and sister get caught fucking eachother episode

forgot pic

phoenix nights is pretty comfy desu, but it's not really in the same vein as the other things in this thread

What do you guys think of Nu-Barnaby?

I was very skeptical at first but he grew on me, and I wasn't sure about the atheism thing at first either, despite being one, because it didn't fit in well with the Midsomer "classic England" aesthetic.

I used to watch an episode a day but then once he came along I lost interest, I've only watched three episodes with him and haven't watched in a few months

Mega comfy show though, really makes you want to move to Oxfordshire

Thats the Shows English Name ? In Germany its called "Inspector Barnaby". Very comfy though

Used to watch with my mom when l was 12. Comfy times. Always wondered when they'll run out of people to murder though.

Yeah. I'm not sure how the name came about, the series of books the show is based on are called Inspector Barnaby too, and they call the show that in a lot of other countries too.

Apparently it's really popular in France, something about Barnaby's love of food I guess.

Barnaby's actor was in a show called Bergerac before he was on MM and I think that show was popular in France so it just carried over

The only time I see my father in front of a TV is during FIFA world cup, the olympics, and the Midsommer Murders.

Really shitty show, but it does make me want to move to the English countryside.

>Really shitty show

>Really shitty show
Confirmed for second person to be murdered

It used to be super comfy. That new Barnaby is shit and needs to die tho

I like him

It is shitty. But that's part of the charm. The show wouldn't be the same thing if it had good acting, consistency, not ridiculous-as-fuck scenarios.

Favorite death?
Mine is the one where they trapped someone with croquet hoops and kill them by shooting wine bottles at them with a catapult

My problem with him is it's like they're trying to mimic the whole Sherlock phenomenon

The first Barnaby seemed like a normal human being who made mistakes and was genuinely a fun guy to watch. The new guy is le secretive omniscient "rational" guy (he has a psych degree and is a militant atheist too)

I also thought it was kinda fun how the old Barnaby's wife was fucking retarded. The new one is kinda hot though

They really upped the wackiness with the new lead too.
I mean, it was always a phenomenally stupid show, but now it has the wacky music and the dog reaction shots and everything.
I understand John Nettles being sick of the role though

It's clearly over the top and there's been a huge dose of self-awareness since the second time these guys showed up but I strongly disagree with the acting. Both Barnabies and most of the seargents have been great, and the show is so star-studded it's basically an insult to all British actors to say the rest aren't up to snuff.

That whole episode was great

>That TV star they put inside a hollowed-out TV and drowned in wine

There's been so many great ones though, my favourites are the ones where the killer sets up a trap that they fall into later:

>Putting a low caliber shell into someone's pocket before they go shooting, which blocs up their shotgun and causes it to backfire
>Partially cutting through a barn floor above a thresher
>A metal wire between two trees at neck height before a motorcyclist comes along

New Barnaby was on TV at least 6 months before the Sherlock reboot though. And Barnaby has always been smarter than the viewer, the fact that it's almost impossible to work out whodunnit more than 10 minutes before him is one of the reasons I love the show. If it was Columbo style and revealed the killer I'm not sure I could tolerate 90 minutes per episode.

>driving around little villages and meadows in your Rover 75 wearing a suit and solving puzzles
is there a comfier job?

>it's a Barnaby's wife attends a social event and someone dies episode

>driving around active warzones in an armored personnel carrier wearing full battle dress

midsomer is hell

>It's a the village celebrates some sort pf quirky festival episode

>it's a Barnaby makes some comment that leads to a joke and an implied off camera sex scene episode

yes, literally any other crime procedural show

Midsomer fucking sucks.

>they didn't end old Barnaby's story arc by having him be the murderer in his final case
Biggest disappointment of my life

the worst episode of the show was the one where he was accused of being involved somehow and wasn't allowed to investigate but still did from the sidelines

This is a Brits and friends thread, go be a paki somewhere else.

the photography one? i actually really liked that one BECAUSE it made barnaby a bit more personally involved

each to his own tho

Or what?

Nu-Barnaby is a literal cuck. His wife has him under lock and key. I also hate the sitcom-tier competition between the Forensic and the Deputy. And all the plots are shit now.

>it's a Barnaby insists on the superiority of the Anglo people episode

And they were always, ALWAYS in a interracial relationship. It was so obnoxiously obvious, even my wife was calling it out every episode.

Classic Midsomer Murders, Heartbeat and The Royal are the comfiest.

The bread they always ate looked disgusting.

Also, if your country doesnt show reruns of this every summer then its a shit country.

>1445 hours, heading west on Hangman's Lane, one suspect in custody
>The dry vengeance of Joyce's attempts at breakfast Croissants lingers, like the ashes of Mrs. Bottomsly up my nose
>Sergeant Troy is still cleaning the priest off his jacket back at Midsomer Hollow, that puts us 13 reports behind
>Cully's coming home tomorrow. Cully. The 5th Horseman
>No doubt bringing another pathetic boyfriend in tow
>And death too, of course
>But as surely as I won't get a bite of my bacon sandwich before the phone rings...
>It isn't my time yet

If old Barnaby had any awareness, he should have locked up his wife in the house. Every time she goes out to do anything, there's a murder involving her activity. Its hilarious.

I fapped to the episode where the blonde girl got stabbed in the stomach with a syringe full of poison while sunbathing

Stopped watching after they replaced Barnaby.

Does Barnaby ever care about physical evidence? Seems every case is solved by him delivering suck a convincing theory of events to the suspect that they admit to the crime out of sheer awe

Why is Ben the best sergeant?

this isn't CSI, murrifat

Euro crime best crime

Either I'm socially retarded or the show was implying that Barnaby and his wife were about to divorce on like 3 occasions

There would be like small stretches where they seemed pissed at each other, but maybe that's just how relationships are

Poldark
The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency
Frasier

>Ben
>Not Gavin "God Hates Poofters And Poofter-Enablers" Troy

What I want to know if what happened to Sergeant Scott. He just got sick one day and never showed up or was mentioned again. I tried finding out why the actor quit but came up with nothing. Does anyone know?

I read on the comment section of some blog that he wanted more money than he was gonna get

someone else wrote that he wasn't popular with the fans

someone should seriously redo the opening monologue of the road warrior into a midsomer thing, it would be glorious

>someone else wrote that he wasn't popular with the fans
That would make sense to me. I never liked that he didn't want to be in Midsomer. I get what they were going for (basically a Hot Fuzz thing in fact), but seeing as we're here to watch Midsomer it just felt like a slight against the audience, just as much as Barnaby took it as a personal insult when he found out. Except Barnaby is a subtle English gentleman and wouldn't be so crass as to express it out loud.

you missed the entire point of the show. its suppose to be like the old detective dramas that relied on old fashioned police work to solve cases rather than forensic technology all the time like csi

youtube.com/watch?v=_Sv6TO11TNg
>based theremin

In the pilot when Barnaby solves the case he falls asleep and they have a weird dream sequence where the clues play in his head before he figures it out. I always liked that scene and thought it was a shame they didn't use it again, although I'm sure it would have led people to believe he was supposed to be psychic or something, especially as ghosts seem to be confirmed to exist in the Midsomerverse.

>parents watch this every saturday
>dad calls it the "wee-oo wee-oo" show because of the theme song
but yeah, it is pretty comfy

>cover

The version used in the show was performed by Celia Sheen:

>it's a kid killing people through Runescape episode

Fucking kek, your dad made me explode in laughter, and my parents watch it too

Christ, I remember that. Was that the one with the weird inbred aristocratic family?

>It's a local farmers mistakenly identify a combine harvester as paranormal activity episode

>I've analyzed the game's code
>it opens in Excel

That was pretty amusing desu

>Uncle with the mind of a child
>Get a medieval knight fighting game
>Mod it to be about your family and set targets
>Convince your uncle to murder them

DEVIOUS

Until the retard turned on him, of course.

>Was that the one with the weird inbred aristocratic family?
That describes like a third of the episodes, but yeah, that was one of them.

>That time Vernon faked his death to avoid the tax man and left David with deep psychological trauma that was never addressed.

What a loveable rogue!

Inspector Morse, and Lewis, and Endeavor.

>it's a men of the village dress up and rape the women of the other village episode

>>That TV star they put inside a hollowed-out TV and drowned in wine
FUCK YOU, TIMMY MALLET
THIS IS WHAT YOU DESERVE

Oh yeah. How the fuck did they get the women to go along with that?
"Nah see it's tradition so it's not rape please don't call the police"

>most of them literally can't be bothered
Why English such cucks?

jeremy brett as sherlock holmes

btfucomfy

>tfw saw that episode where Barnaby went to Brighton and met with his cousing before his cousin took over for him in Midsomer

top lad, I like him

I'd also add Miss Marple and Hercule Poirot.
All of those shows are a lot more serious and less silly than Midsomer Murders though

Looks like she's wanking a very tiny knob

My mom loves it because she's a big anglophile for some reason she even has flowered teapots

There was also an episode where he was the murderer iirc

The nu-Barnaby actor was in an early episode but he wasn't the killer

he DID try to get it on with original Barnaby's wife tho

Maybe you guys can help me out here... I'm looking for a specific episode of Midsomer Murders which I wasn't able to find so far... All I can tell you about the Episode is that John Nettles is still portraying Inspector Barnaby (fuck Neil Dudgeon btw) and in the end it turns out that the children of a (close?) friend of the Inspector were the murderers all along, they killed a few people basicially just for fun... including their own father during a climbing trip.. They even come close to killing Barnaby.. that was one of the most intense episodes of the show and I would like to rewatch it...

I'm fairly sure that's Death and Dreams

imdb.com/title/tt0647482/

That's Death & Dreams, I love that one

Was it autism brit/tv/?

thanks a lot.. I really liked that one

Am I imagining things or was there an episode where the murderers were a brother-sister incestuous couple and there was a really weirdly explicit scene of one of the victims walking in on her riding the shit out of him

Yeah that was the first episode ever, The Killings at Badger's Drift

Obviously MM is a bonkers show but I often forget just how twisted it can get

Lovejoy

>it's a dad guesses who the killer is after 20 minutes and shouts "I knew it" at the end even if he got it wrong episode

Name one loving monogamous relationship in Midsomer other than Tomxjoyce. I dare you.

I liked the one between the seargent and the teacher, who ended up getting burned to death.

That's the whole thesis of the show, British people are bad at internalizing their hatred for each other and lash out.