Pink Floyd are nothing without Barrett and you know it

Pink Floyd are nothing without Barrett and you know it.

Other urls found in this thread:

lukemuehlhauser.com/scaruffis-rock-criticism/
youtube.com/watch?v=hS0TWf66CKY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

45 million copies later.....

Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success.

ew

What instrument does he play again?

the brain

Your mom

Piper is good, but it's not even in the same universe as Meddle, WYWH, and Animals.

Then he's not a very good musician, is he?

yeah but he said some fancy words and stuff and 14 year olds praise him so he must be good right?

Piper is my favorite Floyd album (except maybe Meddle or DSotM), but I could see why someone would prefer post-Syd Floyd

Don't worry, you'll grow out of this phase when you hit 16

>Quoting le edgy music meme man

Why don't you try developing an original taste in music?

Syd didn't do shit and nobody would care about him if he wasn't so likable compared to the charisma vacuums that are Gilmour and Waters.

Why don't you try to find a counter argument ?

I still like Barrett-era Floyd, but...
>tfw I dug into their back catalog and discovered Piper for the first time at 15 and had all but replaced it with Meddle and Animals by 16

lukemuehlhauser.com/scaruffis-rock-criticism/

Then how come Saucerful of Secrets is better than Piper?

>Quoting some guy who dislikes le edgy music meme man

Why don't you try developing an original taste in music?

Atom Heart Mother, Meddle, the Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, and Animals are all excellent albums.

Up until DSOTM Pink Floyd had some decent stuff. Mind you, the only post Barrett album I can even listen to from start to finish would be Meddle, but there's a lot of post Barrett PF that's good too, even if they're just individual songs, and not full albums.

Says the guy sucking Scaruffi's dick LOL

not an argument brainlet

Everything up to the wall (including the wall) is pretty damn good you’re just pretentious

this is the most accurate post yet, although I do have a little soft spot for The Final Cut. Waters new album is the best Floyd release since The Wall in my opinion

>Storm Thorgerson of the art-design group Hipgnosis originally suggested a close-up shot of a baboon's anus for the album cover photograph. He was overruled by the band, who informed him via an intercontinental telephone call while on tour in Japan that they would rather have "an ear underwater".
Reminder that the cover for Meddle could've been a literal asshole

they were so much better than barrett they almost went full tangerine dream

youtube.com/watch?v=hS0TWf66CKY

you know i read that and it just made me think,holy shit, is there any man with a more diverse range of decently-resourced writings? he's on some ubermensch shit

But they already put one asshole on the cover of Piper.

Not a counter argument
Luke or Scruffy?

Scaruffi
though I'll probably check out this guy's blog more, I've read from other people in the EA community a bit

But his writings are not decently sourced. There are tons of factual errors in the Beatles essay lone.

Piper at the Gates of Dawn fucking sucked. There wasn't a single interesting musical idea on the whole god damn thing. Syd Barrett sucks. David Gilmour is a good guitarist. The Wall is a good record. Time is an overrated track.

i forget is he still complaining about his dad

this

that does not seem to be the case across the board, but in a handful of selections of writing where his biases are particularly strong. It is a flaw though

>There wasn't a single interesting musical idea on the whole god damn thing
Oh did you not make it to Interstellar overdrive?

Sales define music quality
Love that album tho

Yeah it's better than all of them

Pink Floyd are nothing.

I never realized how fucking ugly hey are

Oh yeah I really miss Syd Barrett's psychopathic nursery rhymes

His new album is lame and politicised to shit.

Gilmour wanted to make music, Waters wanted to change the world.

Gilmour>Waters

>he still doesn't know syd ghostwrote the entire thing

if Syd had written Dark Side then every track would be Any Colour You Like
I can't say that's a bad idea though...

Have you got it yet?