He's not wrong. Wonderwall is literally the only Oasis song that was ever played on the radio/MTV in America

He's not wrong. Wonderwall is literally the only Oasis song that was ever played on the radio/MTV in America.

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/xlh8pc
youtube.com/watch?v=U8d5v-ydpAc
youtube.com/watch?v=60a1OWLg7Xk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Maybe they should've written more than one good song.

they have at least three albums worth of good songs mate

American fans tease Liam Gallagher at New York gig, saying he 'only has one good song'

you mean 2 albums and a compilation of b-sides from the era of those 2 albums

Champagne supernova got radio play too

And Liam wrote none of them

this fuckhead really thinks he's some rock savior...doesn't even play rock 'n' roll

Hahaha no it didn't you silly britbong

yes it did you dipshit. i feel like i heard that one on top 40 pop radio more than i did wonderwall. also don't look back in anger and that other one from album after that were on the pop stations for a little bit too.

and if you listened to modern rock radio, there were a bunch more oasis songs there. live forever was fucking huge.

mate Liam wrote "I'm Outta Time", their best song

Hey, they made Don’t Look Back In Anger too.

They had a number of "alternative song" chart hits. How much radio play that amounts to I don't know.

They're boring.
This.

Yes we do, and many of us more sensible wish we disn't know them at all.

One thing I think brits as a group really don't understand is the sheer extent to which Oasis/britpop wasn't a thing in the states

>Champagne supernova got radio play too
MTV ran Live Forever and All Around the World into the dirt as well
I recall hearing both album and SNL Live recording of Acquiesce getting played a lot when it came out

>They had a number of "alternative song" chart hits. How much radio play that amounts to I don't know.
a fair amount especially in the 90s when alternative was one of the bigger radio formats.

i'm tired of the gallagher brothers

fucking babies

Oh god yeah the all around the world video was ridiculous. I think Live Forever was the first time i heard of Oasis in early '95. It was one of those buzz bin videos.

Never heard the SNL live version of Acquiesce on the radio, though I heard the studio version a few times. I always thought the live version was the one from that MTV concert anyway.

I remember seeing Morning Glory premiere on 120 Minutes and heard it a bit on alternative radio at the time, but one of my friends who worked for a local station and sought out the next big songs from college stations said that one was essentially "DOA" after like two weeks.

>Never heard the SNL live version of Acquiesce on the radio, though I heard the studio version a few times. I always thought the live version was the one from that MTV concert anyway.
The SNL version was the "single" from an SNL compilation album so it got played on radio a bit
dailymotion.com/video/xlh8pc

I forgot Morning Glory was debuted on 120 minutes, I saw that too!

I thought it was this one. Now that I think about it I definitely saw this one on MTV during winter break 1998-1999-ish.

After that it was just the "Go Let it Out" single in 2000 which was on the alt stations a bit in between all the nu metal and post-grunge garbage. And of course Liam's infamous interview on TRL at the same time the single was starting to get played essentially solidified the blacklist against Oasis on MTV and radio soon followed suit.

The was pretty much the end of Oasis in the mainstream in America forever and even the alt stations stopped playing the new stuff too. They still went on to sell out Madison Square Garden for the first time ever in their career like 4 years later which was interesting.

youtube.com/watch?v=U8d5v-ydpAc

True, Oasis flamed out pretty quickly after that
Since then the closest they can come to getting attention in America is Ryan Adams covers on Youtube
youtube.com/watch?v=60a1OWLg7Xk

American here, can confirm. I hear this song all the time, about as much as Wonderwall. I feel like they have a third popular song here as well

who?