Floyd vs Conor

Is this fight going to lead to the downfall of MMA?

Floyd, aged 40 and coming out of retirement, will humiliate the young UFC GOAT.
Why does Conor only care about the paycheck?

>Is this fight going to lead to the downfall of MMA?
no
Conor is expected to lose, so he won't look too bad if he does. If Floyd were to lose tough it would be terrible for boxing.

>Why does Conor only care about the paycheck?- 0 post shown.
Because it's more money than he's ever made in his entire career?
Why does anyone care about 100 mill?

no only boxing

How likely do you think McGregor being KO'd in the first 60 seconds is? Bookies are giving 51:1 odds.

Sorry not even being McGregor KO'd. Just Mayweather winning the fight in the first 60 seconds.

There'll be a gentlemans agreement, it's basically an exhibition fight. Floyd will toy with him for a couple of rounds at least.

Ah good thinking, I hadn't considered that. Cheers

>There'll be a gentlemans agreement, it's basically an exhibition fight
paying to watch some fake shit

>implying Connor won't just roundhouse Mayweather the second the bell rings for shits, giggles, and 100 mil?

Who cares about the disqualification, Mayweather's nigger ass would still have gotten btfo.

Yeah im sure there's absolutely no clause for disqualification in a hundred million dollar bout

The boring thing is that he'll get banned from all sports if he does that, not only boxing.

no

>Floyd, aged 40 and coming out of retirement, will humiliate the young UFC GOAT
not really, he's literally never lost before, and connor isn't the UFC goat. Not even close

>Why does Conor only care about the paycheck?
because this fight basically signs his golden ticket, his great grandchildren will be well off from this fight. Instead of having enough money to live comfortably, he'll now have enough money to live like royalty

I don't understand why any internet literate person pays for PPV in the year of our lord 2017

Finding streams for the mayweather/pac fight was actually extremely difficult I heard. But if you arent going to a bar to watch it, you're doing it 100% wrong. Big sporting events like this are easily a million times better when you're drinking with a bunch of people. Top banter, top company, beautiful women bringing you drinks and food, its the way spectacles were meant to be enjoyed. Not at home by yourself in front of your computer.

THe only thing I don't like about watching fights at bars is a bunch of knuckleheads always try to start some shit with someone afterwards because they're fired up and full of booze. I'll probably just have some mates over my place to watch it.

That's good too

I guess I dont really ever have that problem because Im 6'3 and close to 200lb, people usually dont pick fights with me. I also tend to stay away from the bars in my city known for lots of fights/people getting stabbed and whatnot

>not packing a gun and sending him to hell

>pulling a gun in a bar fight

fuckin americans. You either square up or turtle until the bouncers break it up. Also because we live in civilized countries we would go to jail for a very long time for that

>implying mcgoobers can even throw a roundhouse
less likelier than mayweather winning in the first round via RNC

49-1

I'm not even necessarily talking about having to fight someone myself. Even just two other idiots talking shit and throwing punches ruins the vibe. I'd rather everyone just be chilled.

I wish I could put 2 in your leg right now

>not putting 2 in his chest and 1 in his head

true.

My predictions
>Mayweather wins every round decisively. McGregor will land a few meaningless glancing blows in the early rounds that will make the crowd gasp and such but will not be able to execute any type of competent offense
>Rounds 4-10 will essentially be one sided. Floyd will be striking Connor at will, Connor will be completely incapable of responding.
>McGregor gets docked one point (in the 7th) for clinching
>Mayweather knocks down McGregor twice, once in the 8th and once in the 10th (not serious knockdowns, but enough to make Connor take a knee for a couple of seconds)
>Mayweather wins via TKO at the end of the 10th when McGregors corner throws in the towel after an extended flurry of unanswered punches
>During the post fight, Mayweather will complement McGregor on his boxing skills and re-retire. McGregor will take some light jab at Floyd by saying something to the effect of "Boxing isn't my sport, he should fight me in MMA next" but ultimately will come around and be gracious in defeat.
I think this is pretty realistic (if not slightly generous in Connor's favor), given everything we know about both fighters

thanx for saving $80

Are you from the future?

thats totally fair, maybe stick to more lounge/restaurant-style places as opposed to pubs or whatever? Like, in Canada we have places like boston pizza or smittys which are good for watching sports, have nice restaurant-style seating with food that's passable, and there's not really any fighting there, and its mostly regulars that go there so people dont wanna get banned. But the strip club across the street from my local smitty's has fights every night pretty much.

although maybe its different in australia, but here it really depends where you go

very likely, except for the towel part. I'd say maybe a ref or doc stoppage

Pretty much, except everything happens couple of rounds earlier. I'd be amazed if Conor has the stamina to last beyond 8.

>dollar signs on his gun

you have no intentions of ever using that thing, even if your life depended on it.

I was very confused till I realized why the sights are on the side. Now I'm dying though.

And I find it kinda funny

I find it kinda sad

>Because it's more money than he's ever made in his entire career?
>Why does anyone care about 100 mill?
Pretty much. Who here wouldn't jump at that chance?

>Floyd will dance around McGregor and rack up jabs
>none of those jabs will do damage, but the score card will show something silly like 200 punches thrown/180 landed while McGregor will barely scratch 30 punches landed.
>by the end of the fight they will smile at one another because they rused America into buying 90+ dollar ppv where nothing happens
>boxers will laud Floyd for showing how much better they are at boxing than MMA fighters

no one wouldn't

hell we had people agreeing to a round against mike tyson for significantly less money back in the days of '500 gorillas vs____' and 'is an horse a athlete?' threads

This will happen, 12rd UD. There could even be a rematch. Easy paycheck for both.

>rigged {sports}

not even once

Maywesther isn't a knock out punch, he has weak hands.

And maywesther won't take this seriously. My Gregor is a god damned maniac and will train like a man possessed. I'm telling you, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to place big money on the underdog.

Yeah that sounds like pretty much the same as here.

that was more or less the pacquiao fight, except the last line replaced with boxers will laud Floyd for being much better than everyone else at boxing. Cant see Connor doing any better

>Problem Solver

This.

Anyone who pays for this shit is a retard. It will be a glorified exhibition match, with both guys going home with 100 million for dancing for a few rounds.

Seriously this

All you idiots thinking Mayweather is going to go one punch man...uhhh did he do that EVER before? No! Hell after the Maidana fight Marcos even said in the interview the punches did literally nothing to him, and Pacquiao said much the same

Floyd is a boxer for points and show and good form, he hits you to be winning in points not to knock you out, period.

Even if he wins, there's a 0% chance he knocks him out

Conor would humiliate Floyd in mma
Floyd would humiliate Conor in boxing

Floyd wouldn't step in the octogon for a billion dollars. This is the only way they get paid.

What are the drug testing requirements for this fight?

who the fuck types like this on Sup Forums?
shills take a backseat, this fight was sold like a year ago already.

>yfw Mcgregor gets a doctor stoppage due to cuts as his face is toilet paper after UFC fights

Who cares about about losing your purse to DQ?
Who cares getting banned in every combat sport?
Who cares about getting sued for assault?
Who cares about destroying your entire career?

moron

>Why does Conor only care about the paycheck?

He wants to retire young

He's got knock-down power in his right sucker punch though.

>why does Connor only care about the paycheck?
Because it's a giant fucking check. idk man, what would you do with around 100 million dollars?

Both boxing and MMA are meme sports at this point, but boxing as a sport has a much greater legacy to be protected so I see this being just a scripted fight for Floyd to retire at 50-0.

>Both boxing and MMA are meme sports
And why is that?

i consider boxing/kickboxing/taekwondo meme too

Muay Thai, judo and MMA are top tier

Muay Thai with MMA gloves would be the shit

I'll fight you Conor!

b-but you're not allowed to kick, or grapple, or wrestle, or knee, or elbow

fucking lmao """""""""""""""""""""boxing""""""""""""""""""""""""

He's a goof

Combat sports are the one true sports

this

this is ENTIRELY about securing a nice fat paycheck for both fighters. neither really particularly wants to win or damage the other

youre all being played like a goddamn fiddle

you must of forgot floyd when he was a young lion was known for being a power puncher and quite dominant offensively people only remember the second half of his career because of "muh brittle hands" and think all he has is defense in terms of power he's average when in mma a fighter not even qualified to be a journeyman's towel is the goat

>people will actually pay to watch this.

PEOPLE ARE GOING TO PAY TO WATCH THIS LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLL

There are 10,000 bums in boxing gyms around the world right now who would knock the shit of the MMAanlet, because he's not a boxer and never will be. The idea one of the greats isn't going to knock this muppet out is absolutely ludicrous.
Hatton is pretty sure he won't hit Floyd, at all.

does floyd want to lose?
do you really think conor doesn't want to beat floyd?

the paycheck is done, do you think they've just stopped training and don't give a shit besides showing up? they're elite fighters, give me a fucking break

I'm pretty confident Mcgregor will lose but i'm sure he'll do better than Ricky fucking Hatton, only reason he ain't dead is because he never fought Cotto

You're unironically autistic if that's your thought process.

>Conor
>Zero experience as a pro boxer
>Is stepping into another man's sport where he's bound by rules and 10 ounce gloves to prevent him from killing his opponent
>Is expected to lose because it's like Hafþór Björnsson having a race with Usain Bolt (he'll kill Usain in the fight, but lose in the sport, try to wrap your bird brains around that)

Meanwhile,
>Mayweather is protected by padding, rules that forbid 90% of the offence of MMA (and a real, unarmed, 1v1 fight for that matter)
>Is not stepping up to anything
>Is literally fighting a 0-0 boxer whilst being called the GOAT with a 49-0 record

Somehow Conor's situation is the humiliating one?

Obviously the ONLY thing making this fight happen is Goobs lining up his pocket with cash.

>if he wins

Mayweather will win this fight easily. McGregor doesn't have the hand or foot speed to land any good shots on Floyd.