Did you watch the royal wedding?

Did you watch the royal wedding?

No

LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD

No I'm not a britbong

it's kind of like rollplaying being a monarchy, even for the country itself never mind the people around the world who love it, all a bit sad

No but I did watch this Jew bastard get cucked on his honeymoon.

Of course, I preferred their cuckoldsessions video though

His brother should just kill him and take the throne, this dude is embarrassing.

>tfw I watched em both

I watched it live from a British-themed pub. I even had a full English breakfast for the first time. Brits will be triggered by the absence of black pudding in it, but that doesn't bother me for some reason.

>that bacon
Poor showing

kek

> beans in a gay little pot
> plain bread not even buttered
> cardboard precooked bacon
> NO FUCKING SAUSAGES!!
I hope you didn't pay for that for that miserable plate of wank.

me on the top

I did. I think I even put a suit on to watch it lmao

That excuse for a full English would at least be salvageable if served with the proper drink. Cooked breakfast should be served with a pot of tea when at a cafe or pub, no covneding exceptions.

As an ignorant American, what is the function of the Royal Family outside of tradition and public relations?

It's annoying how these royals keep marrying commoners.

Where's the fun of having them if they're not going to be slightly inbred blue-bloods?

Constitutional Monarchy

Basically they approve all laws and what not and pretty much remain neutral, unless something really fucked happens and then the Queen can dissolve parliament, command the military, etc.

No but I did watched Diana's funeral

>outside of tradition and public relations?

There isn't one

She acts as a rubber stamp on laws

If the Government ever became as dysfunctional as the US congress in the past 4 years she might trigger new elections.

>tfw no qt bald prince to cuck
I'd rather cuck with a tall hair latino though

There's no real political role for the monarchy. As head of state, they do international public relations, but even that's entirely directed by the PM. The Queen still technically has the ability to dissolve parliament, veto laws, create and revoke titles of nobility, appoint random parliamentarians as PM based on flight of fancy, and do some other crazy stuff that would normally be associated with a medieval-style monarch, but it must all be done with the consent of the Parliament and PM today or she and the monarchy would be immediately overthrown

Aside from the breakfast being a shambles, pub needs their gas checked, fucking hell

When the fuck will Liz step down?

I watched some of it only because my flight was delayed till 3am and it was one of the only things showing on tv at that hour.

I did. It was neat. Figured it'd be interesting to see since it'll be the last one for a while.

Think George Orwell said it best:
>The function of the King in promoting stability and acting as a sort of keystone in a non-democratic society is, of course, obvious. But he also has, or can have, the function of acting as an escape-valve for dangerous emotions. A French journalist said to me once that the monarchy was one of the things that have saved Britain from Fascism. What he meant was that modern people can’t, apparently, get along without drums, flags and loyalty parades, and that it is better that they should tie their leader-worship onto some figure who has no real power. In a dictatorship the power and the glory belong to the same person. In England the real power belongs to unprepossessing men in bowler hats: the creature who rides in a gilded coach behind soldiers in steel breast-plates is really a waxwork. It is at any rate possible that while this division of function exists a Hitler or a Stalin cannot come to power. On the whole the European countries which have most successfully avoided Fascism have been constitutional monarchies. The conditions seemingly are that the Royal Family shall be long-established and taken for granted, shall understand its own position and shall not produce strong characters with political ambitions. These have been fulfilled in Britain, the Low Countries and Scandinavia, but not in, say, Spain or Rumania. If you point these facts out to the average left-winger he gets very angry, but only because he has not examined the nature of his own feelings towards Stalin. I do not defend the institution of monarchy in an absolute sense, but I think that in an age like our own it may have an inoculating effect, and certainly it does far less harm than the existence of our so-called aristocracy. I have often advocated that a Labour government, i.e. one that meant business, would abolish titles while retaining the Royal Family”.

Tl;dr acts as lightning rod for nationalism and stops fascism or something similar arising

When either she or Charles dies

Ayyyyy I dressed up too

Why the fuck not

>royal families

Did they cover the royal wedding night?

Technically, yes. Got pissed in the pub with a mate, while his sister squeaked and told us to shut up every time the tv showed/mentioned the dress. Then walked home along the railway lines and went on the trampoline. Good times

Never.

Mussolini's existence destroys this entire argument, which is probably why he didn't mention him.

>immediately overthrown
how would they do it? some sort of parlimentary vote?

would the plebs have a say?

how is he embarrassing

republican constitutions and legal codes have to be really big for any technicality or loophole

Having a monarch means trust is placed in them to do the right thing in event of emergency, but they get politicians to sort it out.

Hasn't been a major problem between the two in 80 years.

I wan't to watch this cumslut's every hole get fucking FILLED to the brim with royal spunk

t.bh lad

basically acts as the president should in america: basically no day-to-day power, is generally the sociable "good guy", can restart the entire government if it gets too fucked up

She's trying to live forever because she realizes that her possible replacements are pathetic betas.

why are the princes betas?

WTF has a toff wedding got to do with Sup Forums?

>Sage goes in all fields

Those threads on Sup Forums about the hats

I want to go back

read the full quote, says the royal family needs to be from a long line, and accepting of the ceremonial role

Inbreeding and Cromwell?

I bet their daughter will be a coal burner and bring about the start of the tainting of the bloodline

only time it happened was a parliamentary vote, but then the king sent the army into parliament

Prince George's number should be 7.

>Brits will be triggered by the absence of black pudding

That's the least triggering thing about this photo desu, put that load of gash in the bin.

what happened the last time there was a race mixing royal?

She helps cover up the child rapes like the ones performed in Rotherham and by Jimmy Saville.

She became queen for over 60 years?

>Greeks
>white

She just needs to have William and his family killed so our lad Harry can become king

Yeah I know, Franco too but oh well

>phillip
>greek

No, fuck your British royals.
>be 11
>watching summer olympics
>watching flexibility displays of teenaged girls in colorful leotards
>enjoying life
>suddenly news break about Diana in a car accident
>Olympics coverage cancelled
>literally blue balled by British blue bloods
America has been liberated for centuries, yet we still have to lose out on regularly scheduled programming because of you fuckers?

Prince Philip isn't of Greek ancestry, he was merely born there.

It's pretty common for Monarch's to be different ancestry to where they are born/where they rule.

Spain hasn't had a Spanish monarch in over 500 years

spain was a republic

>muh tourism moneys
Brits are so fucking stupid. Tourists would still come to London to see Buckingham Palace and all the other old spots even if your tax money didn't go to funding these wastes of space. Just end it now. There's literally no reason for keeping them around.

I think Bongs had a king who was more German than Brit once

George I, the current dynasty is descended from him.

Except for the fact that even just comparing the direct gains, the Royals are still a net gain. The money parliament gets from the Monarch's estate will disappear if the Monarch is no longer the Monarch. Any Republicans who try to argue costs as justification for removing the Monarchs will lose every single time because that argument is bunk.

>once

The royal family is German, and has been for a while. If we're talking native Britons, there hasn't been a "British" monarch in like 1500 years. Anglo-Saxons (From Denmark and Northern Germany) replaced by the Brythonic kings, the Normans replaced the Anglo-Saxon kings and from there the monarch's of England and later Britain have been a mix of Norman and German

after Brexit I wouldn't put it past the morons in the country from just burning money out in the streets in piles. Look at the shitheads in this thread.

>we still make money while we pay the royal family millions to do nothing, so we should keep paying them millions
Holy fuck. I'm actually happy Muslims are literally raping your country.

>Advocating the literal theft of land and property

Fuck outta here you Godless communist.

I remember at one point (I think she was walking down the aisle), her nipples were fully erect and you could see them poking through the dress.

If anything Brexitfags would encourage giving more power to the royals since they are nostalgiafags that want to make Britain great again.

Scottish house of Stuart was in charge for a century, they were Britons, but not English.

It's still their property. That family directly owns the land in a trust, It is not the countries. It is voluntarily leased to parliament in return for the right to rule. Removing them from power would return all the property and its profits back to the family.

>why not take it when you remove them from power

Because that's literally theft

Literally didn't happen.

royal family is one of the biggest landholders in GB, they collect a lot of rent, that goes to the government

if you were British, you would know that land ownership there is different, few people own land, most is tied up with 1000 year leases

>1000 year leases
British cuckoldry is real.
Allot patch of ground for immigrants to squat in for a month. Drive down property value. Eminent domain that shit. Shovel immigrants to next area, eminent domain that, repeat.

Spain was a monarchy for several centuries, became a republic for eight years, during which Franco's nationalism and Proto-fascism gained enough support for him to take the country over.

Still British

I was specifically referring to how goddamn self destructive they are, but you are ostensibly correct. The human offal that makes up the voting public today is utterly ignorant to 'smart choices.'

Who /r/ukpolitics here?

/u/Devilnukr checking in.

LITTLE

/r/unitedkingdom I heard /r/ukpolitics are full of assholes.

They're both full of arseholes, just different types.
/r/unitedkingdom is full of lefties and /r/ukpolitics is full of righties.

>Brexit has already cost British people £1.2 trillion in lost wealth

Well, they've obviously got things figured out.

Can't lose wealth if you don't have it :^)

The UK is doing better after Brexit, though. You're a retard.

Really? Then why is your fucking pound getting closer and closer to being the value of the US dollar?

Because the entire world economy is fucked.

Your pound became a dollar overnight, your only value to the world, which was the city of london, is planning an exodus to Frankfurt after brexit. That's like Wallstreet saying "we're moving to Canada". You people really don't get whats happening in your own country, do you? You've barely seen the first reactions and you can't even fathom the lionshare.

>ham skins that won't even crisp up
I have had a lot of kitchen disasters in the UK.

Your mute reaction seems odd. Do you guys know the city of london is your financial sector? You just don't seem upset that so many banks are moving to Germany.

Savage.

It's true. But /r/unitedkingdom is a bit of a hugbox, ukpol has a lot less of what makes reddit so annoying (bad puns being upvoted to the top etc) and a lot more discussion which is why I enjoy it. Ukpol has got somebody legit Nazis though

I've always found that anyone who says "hugbox" is a giant piece of shit. They're just roaming around looking for a reason to be a fucking asshole. Are you just some street person looking to be a piece of shit? Because your life is shit?

You're collapsing in on yourselves because of government. Your NHS would have been a beacon to the world and not one of you assholes can stand up for it. So now it's france, germany, denmark, the dutch. You've fucked up huge and now you're adrift as a culture.

The food looks kind of bad but it's probably fun to be there with friends.

The UK isn't united, they're basically poland+

The day she dies.

>1000 year leases
who the fuck thought that was a good idea?