How do you fix The Association?

How do you fix The Association?

Make Dennis Rodman the NBA commissioner

Make the Lakers great again

Disband it

Yep.

And then expell it from the country.

Let them tackle one another

Ensure negros play with one arm tied behind their back.

>Remove all restrictions on trades. >Remove all built in parity mechanism.
>Allow multiple super teams to form.
>Let the rest suffer.

They're already doing that.

>EPLogic
EPL is doing great with these ideas

>hard salary cap
>increase financial incentives to stay with your old team in free agency
>remove corner threes

Done.

Submission to FIBA

add a 4 point line

No politics

>Muh communism
If you don't like it don't watch it. All these stupid rules take away from it being a sport and moves it towards being entertainment

Decrease the number of teams

Offside rule like in football
30 seconds of possession
4 fouls limit for player
Remove 3 points shot line

The league is so fucking dead right now that I honestly believe that literally the only way to fix this league that is, unironically, the worst pro sports league on the planet, is to have a lockout on par with the 2004 NHL lockout that made them lose an entire season.

They need to lose a fucking season of their league to work out how to fix the salary cap to at least help with parity, how to fix the draft process, and most of all, how to fix the garbage officiating that has been one of the biggest factors in ruining the game.

Even though contracting at least 10 franchises is really the way to fix it, this would never happen, so this is the next best option.

Fuck off.

If I wanted this shit I'd watch the Globetrotters play the Generals.

Relegation
Cut the number of regular season games by half
Cut the first two rounds of the playoffs to 5 games
Get rid of divisions and conferences
Move the three point line back

It's a crooked league.

It's this way on purpose.

>No politics
This is the only answer. And we all know that's not going to happen, so fuck the NBA.

Or maybe you could just stop getting triggered by people having political opinions different than yours...?

>Contract 2 teams
>Relocate the Pelicans to Seattle
>make fouls more definable
>get rid of the alternating possession rule and bring back jump balls
>Ban third party jersey advertisements
>get rid of the one & done rule
>mandate that if athletes go to college they must play at least 3 years and earn their degree
>let high school players chance it again, but have highschool player rookie contracts be significantly less than college rookie player contracts
>completely re-do how NBA refs are educated and impose heavy regulations and fines upon NBA refs that try to gamble/fix matches

it's never going to be completely fixed, but this would be a good start

I want to watch sports not CNN. (and I don't believe they're doing it on the own volition anyway)

Fuck off nigga.

Then watch games not E!SPN talking heads

does no ose find it really weird that it seems like the NBA is the most complained about sport in existence yet one of the most popular?

i mean seriously. sure people sometimes complain about the nfl being no fun, or the mlb being boring, or hockey being kinda machismo and butthurt about being a forgotten team, or soccer fans hating the lack of parity

but ive never seen a league with so many issues that people, including nba fans, can make huge lists about what they would fix and how terrible the league is

They talk about that shit DURING games. And I don't believe there is any real difference between NBA and ESPN anyway. Fuck it. I'll start watching hockey.

The NBA went full on ridiculous in the last 2 years. Lot of pissed ex-fans.

>try to watch the nba
>nationally broadcast games have the mongoloid jeff van gundy and others talking about politics and fucking rhianna and cloe kardashain DURING GAMES and intertwining them into the sport

4 point line

Yep. Just wait until the fucking Awards Show. I'm done.

third post best post

a country without apehoop would be glorious indeed

Move it and all niggers to Africa

I wouldn't say the NBA is popular. It's just there's only 2 relevant storylines that are pushed.
Nobody cares or will talk "will the Timberwolves make the playoffs?"
They care about LeBron and who will beat LeBron

It's the ultimate watercooler "just turn your brain off" sport. It gets big pleb ratings but it doesn't even outsell NHL games and that's a fucking 50 degree stadium

Yep. And msm basically pretends baseball and hockey don't exist. There are a lot of reasons to hate the NBA.

the NBA will be fine
the Warriors are an anomaly that was created as a result of the TV cap spike
nothing like that will ever happen again

>what is the mute button

The super teams is only a small part of the problem.

The culture/politics/corruption around the NBA is a wayyy bigger problem.

The league is shit even if you take the warriors out of it. 3 point chucking and foul drawing is boring as fuck.

Yeah i went an inch over to the power button.

At a certain point fuck it. Why would anyone continue to support this garbage?

Because people having different political opinions than me has zero impact on the actual game...?

>Remove 3 point line
>Allow hand checking
>Enforce traveling and carrying violations
>Make a relegation league out of the 14 worst teams
>Top 4 teams in each conference make the playoffs
>Bottom 4 teams in each conference play a relegation round robin with the 2 worst from each conference being relegated
>Change the logo to PIC RELATED

Do you guys think my hope for the NBA actually has a chance of happening?

What I hope happens is that, as the Warriors evisceration of the league continues, and LeBron gets to the finals to lose to them, players begin to form more superteams until there are 2-3 teams in each conference and the rest are trash. teams begin tanking league-wide because there is no point to wasting resources. TV ratings plummet astronomically and ESPN uses a loophole to pull out of their TV contract due to this. the league loses significant revenue as attendance plummets and no TV money. and the spineless weasel piece of shit adam silver does nothing as usual

in 2020, the owners break the CBA and force a lockout that lasts for at least one year as the league has to revamp basically the entire league top to bottom, from the salary cap to the draft to officiating, and then comes back in 2021 or 2022

>turn off the name in an anonymous forum
This.

The NBA is the worst sports league by far. It's basically a scheme for Jews to make money off ghetto black trash and the Chinese. The only way to fix it would be to completely change what the league is.

Not even that, keep in mind their foundation is drafted, they deserve this brief era of dominance. Everyone passed up on draymond, no one thought Klay or Steph would be anything more than situational shooters, no one thought livingston would be the same after busting his knee, everyone thought iggy's best days were behind him. They took a bunch of under the radar players and made them champions. That's not something you can just replicate by throwing cash around.

It's propaganda dickhead. Stop playing dumb.

the league is exactly the way '''they''' want it to be.
And '''they''' own ESPN too.

Smarten up.

This user gets it.

But the league is far more about manipulating the black community than making money off of it.

It's fine the warriors are only going to stay together as this team for a couple more years, I doubt the owner is going to want to pay $300 million a year in salaries and league tax for the team

>believing anything the NBA reports

It may be, but it's propaganda I don't ever hear because I don't listen to it?
It literally does not affect me or the actual game at all

What should I believe then? That Curry and Thompson aren't going to want more money?

yeah me either. I turned the shit off, and started watching the NHL playoffs. Canceled the NBA package too. Sorry, but not gonna sit and watch shit on mute.

Dude, who the fuck knows what really goes on with this league. It's hard to believe it's on the level.

It's impossible to fix without deleting the league, the whole system is fucked up

I can't believe Americans are ok with the current system. The draft doesn't make sense at all, even less the way you get the pics. Not having relegations and promotions is stupid. Teams moving and having owners who just care about money is stupid, the fans should be in charge of the team, like it happens in soccer or non-American basketball leagues. Letting stars break the rules for the sake of making a highlight dunk. et cetera, et cetera, et cetera

>Sorry, but not gonna sit and watch shit on mute.
Is it that big a deal?
I'll usually mute the NFL and listen to my local radio broadcast instead.
Or just turn on some music.
What the fuck does anyone need the announcers for unless they don't understand the game?

>>get rid of the alternating possession rule and bring back jump balls
NBA doesn't do that.

>Teams moving and having owners who just care about money is stupid, the fans should be in charge of the team, like it happens in soccer or non-American basketball leagues.

So what you're saying is that capitalism is inherently flawed and needs be destroyed?

Didn't say that

But it works better in other countries. All the money the club makes goes to the club, they invest it in new players and the club itself. In your leagues all the profit goes to the owner's pocket, which isn't fair

The only reason you have salary caps is so the players can't claim a higher wage to the(ir) owners, not to generate more parity. As you see there isn't parity in the NBA, we had the same final 3 times in a row and will provably have it 3 more times

I know that the league has never had parity. But in the off chance that any people are ITT who watched 80s or 90s basketball, was the league always this bad?

Not parity wise, I mean conspiracy wise. has it always just had laundry lists of reasons why its such a god awful league

Capitalism would be having a competing league to dump this corrupt one for.

But riveting argument Pajeet.

Jerry west joining the clippers is going to fix the west

No, it was way better.

Less bullshit politics and shit. Way more physical. Way less pussy. (still most likely rigged)

Maye you're not getting it, I'm not going to watch a league who pumps out the filth the NBA does. Volume or no volume.

>Didn't say that

Yeah but I did.

Get ride of the one and done rule.
Too many teams getting first round flops.

>implying it isn't
EPL is the most popular sports league in the world. American leagues need to catch up.

I was thinking about this today, and here's the conclusion I came to:
It's not that the league had more parity in the 90s. The Bulls won every time, and your heart, you knew that was what would happen.
But the league did a much better job of providing competition. The Jazz put up a hell of a fight against the Bulls. Grant Hill's Pistons seemed like a real threat. So did the Magic when they had Shaq, or the Rockets, or the Lakers.
The problem with the NBA today isn't lolwarriors win, it's that nobody even puts up a fight against them. As much as the media tried to force it, no rational observer thought the Cavs had any real shot in the final.
When you watch a Batman movie, you know he's going to beat the Joker in the end. But the Joker makes it interesting, he puts up a good fight. The entertainment is in HOW Batman beats the Joker.
That's the problem here. It's not that the Warriors win, it's that they don't break a sweat. It's never in doubt for a second.

There are only 30 NBA teams you fucking idiot. That's 150 starters. Compare that to the 100 clubs across European football's top 5 leagues. 1,100 players in starting lineups. The NBA is the only basketball league that matters in the entire fucking globe. If you cannot find 150 decent players IN THE ENTIRE WORLD then perhaps your sport fucking sucks and nobody wants to play it.

>implying monopolies aren't capitalism
>implying monopolies aren't, in fact, a natural consequence of capitalism

Like I said, you get triggered when someone has different political opinions than you.

monopolies are literally against the law here Pajeet

I mean cute Tumblr vocab and all, but it's not an opinion, it's propaganda, and why would anyone willingly subject themselves to it?

And seriously fuck off shills. You're not fooling anyone. Get an honest job lowlife.

> Charles Barkley actually cares about transgender restrooms

You're obviously a shill. Go get some more shekels from your master Adam Silver you 3rd world dirtbag.

Literally abolish the lottery. Of course there is a chance it's rigged but it punishes teams trying to give their young, inexperienced players actual playing time. All the other major leagues have realized this.

>abolishing America's last slave trade

Get rid of the niggera

>turning off the tv when you don't want to hear something is the same as SJW's writing 10 articles about men spreading their legs on the train

Dissolve all teams except for two

the Golden State Warriors

AND

the Cleveland Cavaliers

Sack the kike, restrict superteams and get rid of the lottery. Worst team of the season gets the first pick and so on, period, unless they trade it or whatever.