The Oscars will nominate low budget indie movies like Moonlight or Whiplash...

The Oscars will nominate low budget indie movies like Moonlight or Whiplash, so why are the Grammys so mainstream top 40 centric?

there are fewer films to comb over so they are able to get a better idea of whats out there

Searching for relevance i guess
Ps: Fucking grammysthey didn't nominated After Laughter for nothing, not even for best pop abum of the year

I always wondered about this too. The Oscars are generally respected as a legitimate judge of the best films of the year. Obviously they make some bad, politically motivated choices sometimes and there’s some shit Oscar bait movies that win sometimes but for the most part, if a film wins Best Picture, it’s pretty respected among critics. The Grammys are a complete joke though. They seem more indebted to Billboard charts than any kind of critical analysis. I don’t really understand why it’s like this besides money obviously.

It’s literally just leftists patting themselves on the back at this point. As long as you’re whining about white people, you will get rewarded. Period.

The Oscars are going to be such a glorioius trainwreck. I honestly cannot wait to watch this with Sup Forums.

nice victim complex, bud

MUsic industry is nothing but blood sucking. Cunts who want money

I’m black

Not him but there are people in America bitching about white people constantly. How can you say he has a victim complex simply for stating facts?

There's a certain pretentiousness surrounding the hollywood foreign press so they love to nominate movies that cater to their niche which just so happens to be pretty much any low budget indie movie ever

Also not many blockbusters are going to tackle political and social issues so they nominate indiecrap to help them with their agenda

There are people in America bitching about black people constantly. What’s your point?

people take film criticism more seriouy than music criticism

This of course
Oscars at least try to pick critically acclaimed movies and don't give a fuck who made it, obviously they make mistakes but at least try
Grammys are like the fucking billboard, they don't give a fuck about critical acclaim and just pick an album from a popular artist and if that artist had mainstream luck

Nobody gives a shit about Grammys. Drake and Frank Ocean didn't even go last year

My point is that you shouldn't accuse someone of having a victim complex for stating facts. I thought initial my post most that pretty clear

Prove it, boy.

>caring about the (((grammys)))

Beyoncé literally won more Grammys in one year than the Beatles won in their entire career.

Yea, the award shows are a joke and if I was black I’m would be embarrassed about white liberals patting me on the head and giving me doggie treats for being a good boy.

“Whine about white people, you get rewarded”

That’s not a “fact”, it’s fucking idiotic. Go look at who wins AOTY at the Grammys. If you think they hate white people, you’re either a moron or you have a victim complex.

>“Whine about white people, you get rewarded”
Remember #oscarsSoWhite?

They gave Macklemore a clean sweep for saying he was gay and wagging his finger at those evil conservatives. They give Beyoncé dozens of Grammy awards for “black female empowerment”. It’s a joke.

We’re talking about the Grammys

Macklemore is white. If they hated white people so much, wouldn’t they give the award to actual black person?

You need to have high IQ to understand Grammys.

Yassss QUEEN slay!

Do me a favor. Go look up how many Grammy categories there were in the 60s and how many categories there are now. Then do me another favor and stick your head in a blender.

Small films still have film festivals as a way of gaining exposure to industry people that actually care about film. Musicians don't really have any type of equivalent, its essentially mob rule.

idk but I am really happy Code Orange got nominated

grammys dinnae mean anything tho but it is cool to see a band I've been into for a wee while get so big

I like Code Orange too but the metal category is a flatout disrespectful joke that nobody laughs at, every year. No other genre gets shat on at the Grammys nearly as much as metal, and hip hop fans will still be shitting their diapers at the end of the night.

Last year was a disgrace, how did Vektor not at least get a nomination, as well as Blood Incantation.

Idunno, it was pretty funny last year when Megadeth walked up to a botched Master of Puppets cover