Bands you are very embarrassed to have liked at one point

Bands you are very embarrassed to have liked at one point

you start, ill join in

>>>/reddit/

currents is good. don't forget that.
the rest is embarrassing though.

>>>/tumblr/

You know what it feels like, OP?

you're embarrassed to have liked them because they're popular and mainstream now

drake

I hate how this is actually true for a lot of people here. Something sounded good, So tons of other people agree, then suddenly because others agree it just doesn’t sound good anymore. Actual snowflake autism.

wtf

Skrillex’s old band From First to Last. I still like them tho.

That was a great album though and still holds up. The follow up was trash though. I still hold out hope for their next album.

Pic related is really embarrassing though. Why did I waste so much time on rap?

only album he put out that isn't embarrassingly plagiarised or derogatory.

lonerism is his best

Complete inverse is true actually

I was going to say KoRn, but then I realised they're actually really good.

I can't think of one my taste is exceptional

At least they were until Head found Jesus.

one of the strongest discographies of the last 20 years.

it is ok it will become apparent in time.

animal collective were the most interesting and forward thinking band of the 2000's and I mean that sincerely

>being this bad at taste

Haha, nice

Animal Collective was one of Josh Homme's bands now?

I uses to love those Monstercat brostep, especially a dude named Tristam and Zomboy. Pretty embarrassing now, but t b h they're not half as bad as some of the classic teenage-years-regret core.

I used to jam that shit with my dad when I was like 12. Really like the bonus song off that album.

They're sound like shit now and I can why you're embarrassed, but damn it brings back memories. (Pretty shitty time for me but anyway.)

Jesus Christ I can't write for shit.

The Smiths

their first album spoke a lot to my teenage soul

Neo-Sup Forums, everyone.

wait do you actually think Josh Homme had a hand in anything worth saving apart from Kyuss or are you memeing, if so please stop because it's getting scary

only kind of person who would make a post like this would be trying to compensate for something.

maybe being new?

Rap is good, user
The Blueprint is insanely overrated though

>everyone I disagree with has a viewpoint I specifically laid out for them

>make generic pop with le wacky psych sound effects
>forward thinking

Fucking brainlets, everybody.

>generic pop with le wacky psych sound effects
you see that's where you're wrong

don't feed the troll, everyone on this board likes animal collective, some of them just like to pretend they dont

>generic pop with le wacky psych sound effects
there is trolling and there is being just ignorant

difficult to decipher this one

>being embarrassed about liking bands
this is an 18+ board, only children care about shit like this

I wouldn't know that those were neo-Sup Forums posts if I were actually new, retard.

How? Its exactly what it is. They're the definition of anti creative dude weed garbage. Its not creative. Its not innovative at all. Its a cheap stupid novelty with a bunch of random bullshit thrown in to seem artistic, and plebs fall for it hard. Literally mallgoth/hot topic tier shit.

maybe you'll understand MPP when you're 16

I listened to animal collective when I was literally 12 years old. Then I just grew out of it.

LCD soundsystem
Animal Collective
White Stripes
Arctic Monkeys

>denying that website is full of insecure nerds who try to base a personality around their music taste

First week here, huh?

uh more like bands start to get more attention and they realize they can more shekels if they do go! pop! or whatever, could be hip hop now, used to be indie rock but that died

>b-but I already listen to it when I was 12!!
>I do get it!!

>brings in le epic age maturity construct based off his own standards
>gets btfo by his own standards
>starts to backtrack

Not an album, but hip-hop/rap.

that's my point lol

you highlighted nothing with your quotes.

nothing standout-ish or juxtaposed to Sup Forums culture. however, maybe just enough to make it seem like you know anything. you're just posting for the sake of shitposting.

Don't worry, its a rite of passage nowadays for every white kid in the suburbs to have an epic rap phase for some reason

L7
Korn
Limp Bizkit
Marilyn Manson
Rage Against the Machine
Sugar Ray
10,000 Maniacs - they were decent but I was way too into them at one point.

>more cognitive dissonance

But all those have great albums minus sugar ray.

>gets btfo by his own standards
you are literally just some person lying on the internet, I have no knowledge of you or at what age you listened to Animal Collective

dumb comment, sure, but the fact that you continued the conversation by implying that you listened to it at 12 not only makes me doubt you, but also makes you dumber and more susceptible than even me

Also your oversimplification of their sound solidifies the fact that you have no idea what you're talking about

Rage Against The Machine
CKY
Portugal the Man
Blink 182 - post-Cheshire Cat
fucking HIM (had way too much bootleg live shit and merch of theirs growing up)
Rob Zombie. American Witch was a breddy okay modern rock album tho

>you are literally just some person lying on the internet, I have no knowledge of you or at what age you listened to Animal Collective
But you implied that he's under 16 for disliking Animal Collective

Rush

I faked being into Tori Amos the entire 10th grade trying to impress this girl I was trying to fuck.

in jest

RATM is great are you kidding

Heh. Looks like you'll be posting in a version of this thread a few years from now, kiddo.

How was summer camp this year?

I guess but I piss on anything thats even remotely "kill whitey"
Looking back they were try hard dorks pretending to be street.

I liked Mumford and Sons at first

actually fuck it, Owl City is still a guilty pleasure for me, some of their songs I still really like

also if you think Fireflies is a one hit wonder and they have no other good songs you are dead wrong

I was really into the Cardigans for a while. Not sure if I should be embarassed

Damn, back in 2013 I was a huge Tame Impala fan. Sad that i'm over them now, but Tame definitely opened the floodgates to better music for me. Not exactly cutting edge, but i admire Kevin Parker for what he does.

Why the fuck would you be embarrassed to have liked a band at one point? Who's ever gonna hold it against you?

OP don't be such a faggot that album was solid, Currents was the one that got them super popular

I wouldn't say embarrassed, but I was way too into this band for a while in high school.

this. this dude is so far up his own ass and is not the least bit shy about it.

>you highlighted nothing with your quotes.

Kek, to a newfag maybe.

Two Door Cinema Club.

But into got me into music, the band is lame and generic but everything I listen to now stems from that first shitty indie band.

Thanks Keri.

did you fuck her

>you're just posting for the sake of shitposting.

Something tells me you know what that feels like, newfag.

you're welcome

Tasteless pitchfork-drone soyboy, everyone.

fucking this. No one is gonna reprimand you for your past music tastes. No one fucking cares. Go listen to whatever the hell you want.

Even in the realm of terrible cheesy pop-punk these guys weren't good at all. This album is sub-par, and their next album was terrible.

Nope. I learned a lesson the hard way.
Girls never give a shit if you are into the same stuff as them. In fact I think it makes them like you less.

Hit me up sometime, my taste have expanded since we were dating. I think you'd be impressed.

I like the pottery you've been making. Also the guy you left me for four years ago is a fag and if you marry him I'll blow my brains out.

why are you embarrassed? this album is great

>tfw I will still put on some of their old stuff when I feel like reminiscing

ITT: people who used to listen to enjoyable (good) music

none because im not a soyboy whos afraid of what some other soyboys will think about my music taste

Who the fuck do you hang out with that you'd be embarrassed for listening to a Tame Impala album?

Contrarian cock-sucker everyone.

Their first album is solid as fuck and it's unironically one of my favourites still.

nu-Sup Forums

Nothing wrong with MSI

I used to like Meatloaf - I was 13/14, not proud of myself at all.

soyboy le soyboy soyboy look am i fitting in yet? soyboy soyboy

inb4 "t. soyboy"

this is so 29.10.2017, the new fad is the amerimutt

I liked Metro Station back in middle school.

Poison, Motley Crue, and some other hair band butt rockers from the 80's.