>still no english subs

I'm fucking dying here, man

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7kI_ACTcdEw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

is that kurosawas son?

You know it
youtube.com/watch?v=7kI_ACTcdEw

desu I just made the post because I'm not on any IRC channels anymore and I hope that some benevolent subscene groupie takes note and fucking GETS ON THIS SHIT

I tried running the chinese subs included in the current Wiki release through a translator but that is a fucking unforgivable mess.

more patience, son. it will translated eventually

my skin is fucking itching for it, but guess there isn't any choice really

>was going to make the typical Sup Forums joke about LEARNING JAPANESE, LOSER
>thought it was some Swedish film or something
>it's actually a Japanese film
Learn japanese, you weeaboo

#ganool

Learn Japanese, fuccboi.

listen
let's accept as a given that this has convinced me to learn japanese

but I need to watch this way goddamn faster
like last week faster

I'm waiting on them too. Meanwhile I watched the wailing last night and it was fucking brilliant. Not a weeabo but i'm really starting to get sick of western media in general.

The Wailing is korean.

The Wailing is korean tho. so you're not a full weeb yet

it's fun to switch it up every now and again, keeps everyone's respective clichés from getting boring.

I'm just coming off an italian movie kick, myself.

I had never even heard of this film until this thread but it looks neat.

I speak Japanese too so I'm gonna download and watch it right away, thanks OP!

skype me and translate in realtime kthanks

weeb applies to all asian cultures

have you guys watched world of kanako?
for some reason it makes me think of a japanese version of Oldboy

pretty fucking entertaining.

the comparison isn't perfect, and it takes a very different route, but there are definite parallels

no just japan

EOP

I know but I couldn't be arsed to mention it. I've been enjoying the korean ones slightly more lately if anything. I'm sick of 95% of mainstream western films.I don't even give capeshit and the like a glance.

Oldboy is adapted from a Japanese manga to begin with.

fine a japanese movie version of oldboy

Korean cinema has its own quirks and might get tiresome after s a while so if you keep up with this mentality you'll end up hating it too.

Just watch all kinds of shit regardless where it comes from. Follow the patrician's path.

Never seen it but I didn't really like old boy that much either. It seems seemed weird and over the top for the sake of it. I much preferred the wailing, the yellow sea, the chaser, I saw the devil and memories of murder for example.

Oh I do. Everyday is a struggle to find one good film to watch before I go to bed.

This looks neat as hell. Never heard of it before now.

Guess I'm waiting too now.

What are some good japanese films from the last 10 years?

Subs I watched this with completely destroyed the movie for me.

>not having a huge backlog of pure kino

Memories of a murder is one of my all time favourite movies, but I really couldn't get into I Saw The Devil.

Chaser was p good, wailing bothered me with how many times it tried to twist towards the ending which ended up robbing it of having any sort of interesting or consistent message (for me, anyways) which sucked because the first two acts were literally perfect: guiding us from not being able to take the spirit threat seriously and seeing it as practically comical and then ramping it up bit by bit until we understand the severity of it right alongside its characters.

Would you recommend yellow see?
are there any other movies you can think of you'd recommend?

Also just saw handmaiden and loved the fuck out of it

I do this exact thing
get filmographies man.

a couple of months ago I downloaded every Hitchcock movie and that was the fucking greatest binge I've ever had.

If you haven't made your way through his filmography start with Rope or Rear Window to get a feel for it. If you like those as much as I did you're in for a treat.

>being able to find that many movies that you hope to be at least a 7 in your own opinion

I don't claim to be patrician but I don't like wasting my time either. Most shit is boring or uninteresting. I'm just an idiot with decent taste.

>Would you recommend yellow see?
Not him, but I disliked it by the end. Ridiculous fight and chase scenes, most of the movie was just people butchering each other. Insane shake cam. It felt like a pure thriller with nothing else going on.

>are there any other movies you can think of you'd recommend?
Did you watch Sympathy for Mr Vengence? Mother? A Bittersweet Life?

>Chaser was p good, wailing bothered me with how many times it tried to twist towards the ending which ended up robbing it of having any sort of interesting or consistent message (for me, anyways) which sucked because the first two acts were literally perfect: guiding us from not being able to take the spirit threat seriously and seeing it as practically comical and then ramping it up bit by bit until we understand the severity of it right alongside its characters.

I have to agree with you on the wailing, I loved it but it was sort of disappointing at the same time purely because of what it could have been in my eyes. It did get a little confusing near the end and 'open' endings a a bit frustrating sometimes. I loved that the japanese guy really was what we suspected him to be at some points. His reveal near the end alone made it worth it for me alone.

>Would you recommend yellow see?
are there any other movies you can think of you'd recommend?

I would be it got slightly confusing for me at one point when I lost concentration and didn't realize who was who when it came to the names at one point, as retarded as that sounds. If you like good gangster films you should enjoy it.

I can't really think of any other films to recommend right now, especially asian ones because I've mentioned nearly all the ones I've seen so far. I generally like, dark interesting films an you've probably seen most of the ones i'd mention. One of the few western films i've enjoyed in recent times was the witch for example.

God i'm exhausted right now,I can't even type out sentences properly. My bad.

>If you like good gangster films you should enjoy it.
He would be much better with New World. It has similar action scenes but also has heart. Yellow Sea was mostly low-level goons.

Not sure if i've ever seen a hitchcock film before but they don't really look my cup of tea and I almost never watch black and white films. I'll end up watching one of his films soon though i'm sure. I'm running out of decent stuff to watch.

I watched New World a few nights ago and found it disappointing for some reason, I didn't like the main character either, that probably didn't help. Just had to look up his name but Jung-min Hwang seems a great actor. He was good in the wailing too.

>Did you watch Sympathy for Mr Vengence? Mother? A Bittersweet Life?
Yes, yes, yes, no
I'll check out bittersweet life for sure, thanks man

I'm racking my brain to come up with a recommendation to throw your way but coming up empty. But that anons recommendations are spot on. If you haven't watched park chan wool's vengeance trilogy move it to the top of your list, it's been years since I saw them but that was what got me into Korean movies in the first place

You just reminded me: internal affairs
I like it just as much as the departed

>If you haven't watched park chan wool's vengeance trilogy move it to the top of your list

I didn't like oldboy but it's been a long time since I watched it. I hated sympathy for mr vengeance and ended turning it off after an hour, I think there was a reason for it like missing subs when japanese people started speaking or some strange that ruined it. Either way I was fairly happy to turn it off and go to bed from what I remember. It just wasn't doing it for me.

Might as well post a comfy chart

Well that's not korean in case you didn't know.

>I hated sympathy for mr vengeance and ended turning it off after an hour, I think there was a reason for it like missing subs when japanese people started speaking or some strange that ruined it. Either way I was fairly happy to turn it off and go to bed from what I remember. It just wasn't doing it for me.
Big mistake. It's a great movie. I think you should give it another watch.

Might do, I have nothing else decent to watch lol.