Does anyone out there appreciate live Clapton and other live guitar jams in here? I feel like I'm the only one...

Does anyone out there appreciate live Clapton and other live guitar jams in here? I feel like I'm the only one. If you don't understand what I'm talking about here's a good example. I just generally want to talk to someone who also digs this type of music, I have never met anyone who does.

youtube.com/watch?v=-TI9r_4ebwI

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R1NBom_pOV0
youtube.com/watch?v=T8_cOwft5sA
youtube.com/watch?v=gZB57b3lPQE
youtube.com/watch?v=89OTZV-NHkU
youtube.com/watch?v=zrFU2NUimY0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I do but no one understand the level of JAM John Frusciante is at.

youtube.com/watch?v=R1NBom_pOV0

Nope user, you are the first and only fan of Eric Clapton, no one else has ever liked him

Okay, you don't get what I mean. I'm talking more about the long live improvised jams. which most Eric Clapton fans only scratch the surface of his studio work and don't even know about the live jams. Obviously, I'm not the only one to like Eric Clapton. People my age don't appreciate this type of music so I want to see people who do.

For a long time I thought Clapton was overrated, until recently I've been through some rough stuff and suddenly his playing pierced my soul. It was beautiful.

I can see why people think he's overrated. he's 40 years past his prime, and I think his studio work is all very lame. but his live 70s stuff is better than anything to me.

yes

I also listen to Grateful Dead so I guess that helps too

god i hate red strats

>People my age don't appreciate this type of music so I want to see people who do.
actually kys yourself

love clapton in blind faith, but i think thats when he started toning it down, his rhythm is just great, his lead guitar is yeah brilliant but when hes filling out steve winwoods vocals i get hard

What is wrong in saying that? I have never met someone my age (17) who likes this kind of music, therefore people my age don't seem to appreciate or even know about this type of music.

>my age (17)
wew lad

You are not special for listening to a highly popular artist, don't go around thinking you are, it's insufferable. Also enjoy the ban underage

I never claimed to be special for liking it. I just wanted to talk to some people who also like live Clapton because no one I know does.

I really love blues jams
two of my favourites:
youtube.com/watch?v=T8_cOwft5sA
youtube.com/watch?v=gZB57b3lPQE (they're playing their regular material but there's heaps of improvisation)

clapton is sort of meh in my opinion, he doesnt match up to other blues greats like SRV, albert king or bb king despite being considered to be "one of the greats". not that he's bad or anything

He never tried to say that he's special for liking Clapton, just that people his age don't listen to him (which is true, you're delusional if you think that the average 17 year old of today listens to fucking Eric Clapton) and that's why he asked here. Stop being such a sensitive little bitch.

Claptons a fucktard who's only legacy will be his (sorry) attempt at disbanding the Beatles.
Listen to some reall nibba jam bands like phish or even the fucking dead since you're 17

>t.samefag

It's not the words, but the attitude

I don't mean for it to sound that way. I'm self-aware enough to not that guy.

>MUM I just posted again!

I can't get into the dead. There is just too much material I don't know where to start.

I like good live guitar jams like De Lucia, Meola, and McLaughlin if that's what you mean. Fuck I'll take Vaughn

If that's what helps you sleep at night.

Your reading comprehension has been memed by "le wrong generation" comics/comments you see posted here.

The Bait. The Bait is great!

The first album?

I liked Clapton when I was 17.. If you're not listening to fagrap then what else are you gonna listen to if you only just popped your rock cherry? The Beetles, Zeppelin? He's probably about to hit the, "Holy shit, have you heard 2112!?!!?" stage. Give it a year, shit's all pop music like everything else shoved in your face

Agree. Up until recently I'd always get to know an artist from their first album up. With Clapton I started with Cream years ago, then I eventually wanted something new and his studio stuff was one disappointment after the other. Once I heard the live stuff though, gee

"Oh my fuck, Four Way Street is the best live album evarr!"

I'm only interested in live jams and they have like 50 live albums so it's hard to know what is the best for getting into them. Also, the whole lsd culture behind the band kinda pisses me off.

I'm not really into those kinds of bands. I'm more into live blues stuff like the Allman Brothers, Gov't Mule and obviously all of Clapton's bands.

I just saw Mclauglin play with Jimmy Herring a few weeks ago. Fucking incredible.

I love jams

I find only a dozen or two artists actually have lyrics worth listening to... Stones, Beatles, etc

Clapton knew his way around a fretboard, and on a good night, you understand why in the 60s people proclaimed him to be "God".

Somebody had posted they listen to The Grateful Dead, and somebody posted a jam session video featuring Albert King and Stevie Ray Vaughn. Definitely watch the video, and check out Live/Dead for some great guitar work. Dark Star might seem repetitious because the song takes up a whole album side, but there are moments worth waiting for. You might also want to check out the song Maggot Brain by Funkadelic, and check out The Allman Brothers, especially Live At The Fillmore East. Honorable mentions go out to Jimi Hendrix, and mid to late 70s Frank Zappa/Mothers of Invention, especially the Sheik Yerbuti album or the Shut Up and Play Your Guitar series.

Make sure to pick up E.C. Was Here for Eric Clapton in concert in the early 70s. Great stuff on that.

The first GD album is my favorite, since I'm a fan of the real early stuff, but I happen to like garage psychedelic music to begin with. Also as far as guitar jams go, that's really not Jerry at his best. That was really more of a Pig Pen vehicle since he was the main focus in the beginning. I'd say Anthem of The Sun and Live/Dead would be a good place to start if one wants to get into Jerry's guitar playing a bit more.

(nice dubs)
Admittedly trying to choose a live GD album can be a little daunting and intimidating. Some of Jerry's best guitar playing would be between 1972-1977, so start with anything that falls in between those years.

Make sure to check out people like Charlie Christian, and T-Bone Walker.

They knew how to play leads, but not let their leads be the dominating force in a song.

this count?
youtube.com/watch?v=89OTZV-NHkU

That whole album counts.
It's one of Jeff Beck's finest.
It be criminal to get into Clapton, and not at the very least check out Jeff Beck.

oh shit, live, nvm m8

Had not heard this before. I'm liking it, I'll check out the rest of this album.

heres clappo ruining it

If you like bluesier shit, Truth - The Jeff Beck group

Ever hear of Les Paul?
No, not the guitar, but the actual person that the guitar was named after.

You'd be doing yourself a great dis-service if you didn't check out his stuff, and his wife Mary Ford.

Even though a lot of his stuff is gimmicky, and involves studio trickery, this is also a man who knew his way around a fret board. If you're going to check out the likes of Eric Clapton, and Jeff Beck, you should acquaint yourself with Les Paul. After all, if the Gibson guitar company names a guitar after somebody............

Good recommendation. Also Beck-Ola. Who knew Rod Stewart was actually GOOD at one time?

Roy Buchanan and Rory Gallagher are tasteless hacks like and subsribe if u agree

I met Eric Clapton once in the early 80's. I tried to sell him some child safety windows and he just gave me a funny look and played some tired blues licks on his Strat.

For newer music (relative to 60's/70's classic rock/blues), you'd probably like Marc Ford-era Black Crowes (especially the live recordings/bootlegs) and Gov't Mule.

not really. the same 12 bar blues and pentatonic solos got old real quick.

Clapton is best when he's playing Gibsons.

youtube.com/watch?v=zrFU2NUimY0

Les Paul shredded before shredding was a thing. He was an absolute beast.