Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LZoNy4PS2K8
youtube.com/watch?v=0t1pjNgry-o
youtube.com/watch?v=EbTlK3perdI
youtube.com/watch?v=XUuUoiPyMNk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I watched the first episode and it was alright but it was shit

>"""""adult""""" cartoons

has there ever been a good one? i know there have been i just want some people to post some

it's /reddit/core

And we got a winned
Literally kill yourself fucking retard

I dont get the high rating either

The voice acting is annoying
Everything is youtube-tier with less funny

it's got a lot of jokes about cartoons that you would have seen 20-30 years ago if you were alive back then. same with the Venture Bros. if you think there's a lull in the humor in either show, it's because they're doing a whole bit satirizing something you just never knew about. and i can imagine that getting boring after a while, but that doesn't mean it's crap.

The life and times of tim

People like it because it talks about them in a way.
Like, the show is all shit and giggle but it sometimes gets deep/profound/sad and people like to think that about themselves, like they are some deep philosophical geniuses who are in constant pain and misery eventho outside they are sooooo funny and happy.

Then there's the stoners who watch it because bright colors and wannabe smart jokes.

saw a couple of episodes. i cant point exactly what i didnt like about it, but it felt dated? like it uses some 2000'ish humor but in safe way, doesnt feel fresh, the way ren&stimpy, or even animaniacs felt back in the day. it tries to be crazy, but for the current year (yeah) i expect something else, this feels stagnant and, as said before, way too safe and PC.

he's right you know

I don't get it. They all stutter constantly when they talk and that old guy burps all the time. I'm not sure what's meant to be funny about it.

Dr Katz. The commedian parts vary wildly in quality, but the rest of the show is always great.

Rick and Morty is a show that has the MC be the only one aware that he's a cartoon.

It's dumb as fuck, but still more refreshing than anything the modern powerhouse animations churn out.

Still haven't seen a second of this yet, I keep hearing things that range between "it's the greatest thing since South Park, hands down" to "Reddit memelord trash"

HBO Spawn, but it's "adult" capeshit, so edgy 90's capeshit, so it might still be shit. It's probably shit these days.

>dude lmao lol really

Yes it's funny.

watched the first ep

it was bad

Roiland, get back to work!

South Park would be "Reddit memelord trash" if the good seasons were airing now.

>"it's the greatest thing since South Park"
lmao that should tell you enough about the people who like the show.

>Rick and morty fans

Your pretty face is going to hell is the best adult swim show currently running.

youtube.com/watch?v=LZoNy4PS2K8

i think superjail is a better rick&morty than the real rick&morty.

Adult swim seem to be a really shitty channel

It also had fantastic animation.

youtube.com/watch?v=0t1pjNgry-o

>all this transparent contrarianism

your reddit is showing

rick and morty is a good show, it's not groundbreaking but it's enjoyable

First episode
>God's not real summer

Fedoracore?

I like Bojack.

but it's enjoyable when you're twelve

FTFY

>it's not groundbreaking but it's enjoyable

precisely its boasting mediocrity is what makes it hard to enjoy it. people act like its the best cartoon in the last 20 years or even more, can you explain to me fucking how?

>my enjoyment of things is determined by how popular they are

yep, it's reddit

Watching a blank wall is more funny than watching bojack horseman

no, its Sup Forums here, but please answer the question, faggot.

Sorry you don't like it.

The Legend of Korra. It explores themes like lesbianism.

Closer to "best sitcom cartoon of the last 10 years" but go ahead and name five better ones.

Yep a lot of people like this. I like this. It's comfy.

No apologies, brah

This makes me cringe and laugh.

who hurt you?

Don't be, i don't give a good fuck about your stupid show

superjail was problematic with its transphobia.

thats old shit, Season 3 is running now and its pretty fucking great through and through.

First ep is bad, it gets better after.

>waaah, no poniees waaa

It's good. You're shit tasted. That's it.

Yeah probably. I don't know a show that's not like this anyway

I've seen em all, I enjoy laugh/cringe as long as it's not so cringey I can't look at the screen if you know what I mean

It's pretty good. there's a lot going on there that rewards viewers that pay attention. Sup Forums hates it because they slap the reddit label on it but really that means absolutely nothing.

>the only alternative to rick and morty is mlp

You're only embarrassing yourself even more

Adult Swim has put out plenty of good adult cartoons, Rick and Morty is bottom of the barrel trash compared to other shows like Venture Bros and Xavier: Renegade Angel

Drawn Together

it was essentially "how can we make South Park seem clean"
>moved it to a different time slot
>even cancelled it a few times
>people still loved it

i like when he stutters and burps, makes it sound more improvised and realistic

Yeah, the only problem with Superjail is that you get your fill after 1 or 2 episodes

>leaving a show after one episode

The rule is you give a show 3 episodes, always.

Yes...I think i might try it again

Xavier: Renegade Angel is genius disguised as shit

>he seriously compares Venture Bros to Rick and Morty

King of the hill is a good exemple of mature adult humor

If youre over 20 and watch Rick & morty you are a autistic man-child

Aeon fluxx, the maxx, xavier renegade angel, clone high, liquid television, ATHF

not true

Duh...Sup Forums...

Reminder that the show is based on this right here.
youtube.com/watch?v=EbTlK3perdI

>Comparing Kino Bros to meme garbage

Justin Roiland is based. Cuck Harmon is a self absorbed faggot but he's a good writer. Rick and Morty is a solid 7.5 that occasionally has a really good episode.

a different subreddit then

Lost
Stranger Things
Fargo

The first two seasons of The Boondocks are phenomenal.

another quality rick and mroty thread on Sup Forums

Nice false flag.

You really do need to get into the mindset of a Redditor normie to understand why this show is so popular.

These people have never heard of adult animation in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Family Guy, it was completely alien to them. And they can't laugh at these shows because they consider these shows stupid. They want a show that isn't necessarily smart or funny or well-written, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface-level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good comedy, nor have they ever picked a book about physics. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters.

Rick and Morty is just perfect for its demographic: these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love science". The entire foundation of the show is built upon the dichotomy between "silly sci-fi humor and references" and " things are super deep and tragic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience. The show doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any philosophy, so it spouts these edgy teenage catchphrases.

Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive character design, or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough sci-fi references to trick normies into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter.

What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's what's selling Rick and Morty.

>says random stupid shit
>full of self-loathing and tries to kill himself

Sounds like he'd fit right in here

you can take the redditor out of reddit, but not the reddit out of the redditor

You all liked Futurama in 1999
dont even try to hide it

The pilot was the funniest, had the best dialogue and scenes
youtube.com/watch?v=XUuUoiPyMNk

yeah i was also 10 years old in 1999

I watch it because there's not enough media that features depressed but arrogant geniuses as main characters, it's a favorite trope of mine. If that means I have to put up with the occasional terrible scene like the Mobius dance, then so be it.

Besides, there is a reason why the giant floating heads episode is considered the worst of the whole show.

I liked the Money Pit

I'm turning this into a pasta and there's nothing you can do to stop me

No I didn't

The pilot was funny. Then Fag Harmon quite clearly fagged it up for the main series

I like you.

This

based user

Drawn Together

It went the way or Archer. The jokes became repetitive and none of the characters grew.

>what...burp...what...Morty..you you you you think you're funny!
>literally every episode
>No..rick..but jeez..get get get a grip
>Hi I'm dad and I'm a beta bitch! haha
>Hi I'm mom and I'm just a bitch constantly talking about divorce but never going through with it! haha
>Hi I'm daughter and just a side character that offers nothing! haha

>repeat this for every episode. It's almost as bad as
>lana,lana,lana,LAAANA!

Fucking spot on there. I'm gonna save this for future use

No one has mentioned Duckman yet. Shameful.

Hence its appeal

>people act like its the best cartoon in the last 20 years or even more, can you explain to me fucking how?
It's one of the best, and that's good enough to care about in the present.

Feel free to name better animated sitcoms though.

yaas so savage you get em girl!!1!1

Just to supplement your argument, take a look at this screenshot. Be warned, its painful. This is what happens when you become so normie and so stupidly shallow that you actually think you're smarter than everyone else

Haha oh my god, TMBR is so awful. The second hand embarrassment is almost painful.

is there a time-waste show?

Superjail was only good for one season.

So uhm... what is a "good" show then? Feels like Sup Forums just did what all boards on Sup Forums do, act like the thing they liked "first" is shit just because other people also started liking it also

All that you're saying is basically you disagree with the "pseudo-intellectual", that the show doesn't make any scientific sense (?) and that the characters is devoid of substance? Maybe that's just the point?

You could basically use your text and replace "rick and morty" with any other characters/reference any other movie/series and it would be just as applicable since it's without any solid examples.

Rick and morty knows exactly what it is, and it's not trying to be anything else. They mock the point of living as well as science, political systems and above all the seriousness of movies by never setteling on a solid plotline and never really having any tention since you know that Rick is just going to figure things out in the stupidest clever way possible.

Aqua Teen

>the characters are SUPPOSED to be devoid of substance
holy shit

you mean manchildren cartoons?

anyway any kind of non 3D animation is dead now

>it's like, funny because like satire and like subtle shit and like you just don't like get it

American Dad
King of the Hill
Some episodes of Family Guy
Robot Chicken