How many seasons/episodes do you give a show before you decide if you're gonna watch it all or not?

How many seasons/episodes do you give a show before you decide if you're gonna watch it all or not?

Me, I give it until the third season. I don't like to abandon the show earlier than that because early seasons of shows are usually weird because it's when the show is just trying to figure itself out. It's usually on the third season when the show gets better.

3 episodes.

Pilots can be weak because they have to establish a great deal for the viewer and are sometimes filmed much earlier than the rest of the season.

If the second and third episodes don't pull their shit together there is no hope for the show.

3 episodes max. If I don't enjoy it by then, it can fuck off.

2-3 episodes. Dropped westworld after the second.

>3 episode reddit meme

kys

I watched one episode of the young pope and I knew I was watching the best show this year.

like 4-5 episodes UNLESS it's universally stated that the first season is weaker than the rest (Parks & Rec, Simpsons, possibly Office)

I don't have a hard and fast rule, it's just how I feel.

Some shows I give up without even finishing the pilot and others I give about 7 episodes to win me over for no discernible reason

If a show doesn't interest me in the first 7.64 seconds I drop it instantly

>UNLESS it's universally stated that the first season is weaker than the rest (Parks & Rec, Simpsons, possibly Office)

This is important to know. Although I still say that those first few episodes should have some qualities in there that make you want to watch the rest of the show (and they do for those shows you mentioned). If I'm 100% not feeling it, I won't care to suffer through the season.

unironically this

Two.They can fuck up on pilot that's ok but twice?No.

I usually drop a show if they fuck up twice on mid-season too.

Halfway into the first season

What the fuck are you talking about you fucking faggot. Who wastes their time watching something that's shit after two episodes?

Go watch some capeshit you clown.

About 4 episodes when we're talking about shows that have pretty much universal acclaim.

IMO the second episode was the worst episode. I think you should try the third episode, bro.

It depens on the serie. When it's absolute shit I drop it at the 30 minute marks

When it can be good I at least watch the episode after the pilote

When it's promising i'll watch a whole season before dropping it

But it's not fixed in stone. I watched the wole season 1 of Flash (shitty show) just because I Wanted to know the motivation of the yellow flash

Dropped it right after season 1 ended

opening theme included?

If there is an opening theme, I drop it at that second.I'm not watching a fucking anime.

kek, doesen't pretty much every tv show have one though? Even young pope had it.
I onow you're just fucking around but it got me thinking if I ever watched a show without an opening theme or not, fuck

Breaking bad has a short header that is never shown at the beginning of the episode, pretty sure there are other shows that do something like that