What would it take for you to stop watching the NBA?

What would it take for you to stop watching the NBA?

It has the least amount of parity in any sport (outside of a few European soccer leagues). People predicted this Finals matchup and champion four months before the season started, the third consecutive version of it (and would be a threepeat champion if not for an epic choke) and it will likely be this for at least the next few years.

A referee literally fixed a playoff series for gambling purposes and went to prison for it, what should be the ultimate bar-none biggest controversy a professional sports league has ever faced, yet people continue to watch.

Fans say freely and openly that referees turn a blind eye to certain fouls and infractions, and openly debate referee conspiracies about calling games certain ways to get the league the result they want for money/TV ratings, yet people continue to watch. Case in point: these 2017 Finals with Games 3 and 4.

There are open conspiracy theories about the draft lottery being either rigged, or a flat out unfair way to conduct a draft (versus a standard league’s draft), yet people continue to watch.

Individual players in the sport are more important and are promoted more than the teams they play for.

The regular season is so long, arduous, and frankly useless (due to over half the league making the playoffs and the best teams always making them and winning in them) that coaches just flat-out rest players even during big matchups, matchups fans wait to see. When your regular season is viewed as worthless, that has to be bad, right?

core of the sport’s intrigue is around media manufactured storylines, "hot takes", and drama. NBA journalists write tabloid-tier articles meant to divide locker rooms or creative "rivalries" between players, and then force them upon players at media sessions

None of these things have led people to stop watching. Is there anything the league could do (or not do) that would legit get you to stop watching the sport?

What's the point of making this thread every day

didnt read lmao

>again
ok, faggot

*blocks your path*

quit data mining Pajeet

and fuck the NBA

I assume you're the same guy who posted the Warriors pasta for weeks. Why do you do this?

This. I haven't watched basketball in years. The slave trade called the "NBA Draft" is disgusting. Parity rewards shitty owners, undeserving cities, and unenthusiastic fanbases at the expense of more worthy teams. The franchise system of ownership ensures that no team will ever have anything resembling prestige or history. Referees can too easily dictate the outcome of games. The regular season is too long. The playoffs are too long (one home game, one away game, aggregate score wins). I could go on. Shit league that will never recover its former glory.

I've stopped until warriors are done memeing. I'll watch my team but not watching the playoffs as long as they're in it.

whats the point of even watching your team though? your team has no chance of a title unless theyre the warriors or lebron is on it. you will sit through a very long useless season and possibly watch rookies develop only to never win because they wont be one of the 4 suoperteams in the elague

Also this
> It has the least amount of parity in any sport (outside of a few European soccer leagues).

Proves to me you have no idea what you're talking about. No major soccer league has ANYTHING resembling the parity of American leagues. And that is a good thing. Worldwide viewership proves it. League revenues proves it. People want dominant teams like Real Madrid and Barcelona. They want to see Bayern Munich win the domestic league every goddamn year. Manchester United winning everything made the EPL in the globally dominant soccer league.

>I won't watch unless I get a trophy!
You're a spoiled, formula baby cuck. You just proved that you don't give a damn about basketball, or pride in your team. You just want to be on the bandwagon when you get your turn to lift the trophy. You are the definition of plastic sports fan. Fuck off

Nothing, Celtics are up like 6 in total titles won so until some nigger team takes over I don't give a shit.

Basically these guys

Stopped watching this semen slurping sport years ago

They already accomplished it.

RiggedBA is boring. Luckily we saw what will amount to be the best NBA postseason already last year with the ebin >3-1

>golden piss boreiorrs win, ratings literally plummet

This is literally the future you chose, Silver.

>whats the point of even watching your team though?
To see how good Ben Simmons and possibly Josh Jackson play together with okafor and embiid. I trusted the process so I want to see the results

>I won't watch unless my team is contending
Nets, Knicks, Lakers, Suns all have fans. Knicks are particularly super fucking popular and profitable despite being shit. Just because you jump ship anytime shit isn't going your way doesn't mean people don't actually support their teams year after year.

Lol the funny thing is you weren't critical of "lack of parity" when Lebron was winning the East with ease each year

Don't know about that. Had the NBA package this year. Meaning, I got every game. LOTS of empty seats. Even cities you wouldn't expect.

I'm done though. The league is too corrupt.

>making this thread again
If it died it was for a reason faggot