And the award to "Most stupid, annoying, awful, ignorant, idiotic, irrational...

And the award to "Most stupid, annoying, awful, ignorant, idiotic, irrational, brainless character that deserves to die" goes to...

He's a robot dude

he's dumber than a zoo employee getting outwitted by a monkey, because he can literally turn the monkey off any time he wants, what the fuck this writing

The white guy is worse, because he knows what they are doing is bad, but never turns them in.

The Asian dude is in love or something, I guess in the future no one still wants to get with Asian men.

So help me god if this story line is just wrapped up as "they were robots as part of a master plan all along", I'm going down to HBO head quarters and taking a dump in its front office.

With his loyalty and empathy setting set to max.

ITT: People who want every character to be alpha males and can't handle the way they are actually written.

That's not a criticism
That's not a plot hole
That's not bad writing

That's you being a retard

Is this something they teach in film school? That every movie/tv show needs an annoying moronic character to "add texture" or something? Because it's too prevalent not to be deliberate.

It's the only way I can forgive him

Dude, he is going against the company that pays him salary for a souless machine

Stop making excuses for terrible writing you cuck.

This.

The Asian guy was shown to be a loser when he was working on that robo-bird
It makes sense for him to try to help the robo-hooker

But knock-off Louis CK has no excuse
He knows it's retarded and he know it's wrong
He should have told the little Asian bitch to get the fuck out of the way and delete everything the moment she first threatened him

The company the would fire him immediately and possibly try to bring criminal charges against him to cover their own ass if he tells anyone

Question: Ford maintains control over his pet Hosts by deleting their memories. But he purposefully introduced code that allows them to remember deleted things.
Why the fuck is he undermining the only control he has over his army of Hosts?

Again. You want him to be some alpha male who's gonna box her out and tell her to shut up. He's not.

How you want him to be written =/= the way it's written
It now being how you want =/= bad writing.

Hard concept for you guys to get, I know.

It's shit because we have no characterization of this guy other than the fact that he works for the company and wants to become a programmer; how does that add up to he pussies out to a female robot that he has absolute control over? He's a plot device, not a character, and that's lazy writing.

Security bro is the only true alpha on this whole cuck show

Even so, why is the Asian guy letting a souless machine telling him what to do? Just so he can fuck her!? He could turn her off and fuck her without she knowing. Or wripe out her memory, if he wanted to fuck her alive

Wrong. TV shows without retarded characters are just better.

That's not the issue, the issue is that nobody would let himself to be controlled by a robot in real life. Much less a man that builds robots

Betas don't want to fug, they want to will their way into having loved by doing everything asked. Even when interacting with a literal robot.

They are lucking the girls in Japanese dating sims don't ask for their credit card numbers.

And the entire sequence with the bird, which was literally set in place for us to realize his enjoyment of tinkering and giving life. Overall being a nice guy and a cuck.

Watch closer next time.

He's a cuck who thinks that because something looks like something, it is that thing

That's why he was trying to fix the bird and not just tossing it in the trash and having a new one built

I'm entirely too retarded to understand the multiple plotlines thing

only thing I get is that William is supposed to be MiB

Robert "I killed Jesse James" Ford is still the biggest alpha.

*timelines
see, too retarded to write as well

One sequence of him playing with a robot bird isn't enough to suspend disbelief that a character would risk his livelihood, his life, and the works of others in order to assist what is essentially a robot rebellion. It's rushed and unrealistic.

>only thing I get is that William is supposed to be MiB

sure, I was thinking more in terms of physical prowess though

he's a robot too, everybody is a robot

>only thing I get is that William is supposed to be MiB
No, son. No you don't actually get anything.

>nobody would let himself to be controlled by a robot in real life
Yeah, you say that now, but just wait.

>get Hemsworth for the QA role
>say no more

I think Bernard the Bull could take him

>show exploring the line between humanity and artificial humanity, when does machine stop being a machine

meanwhile on Sup Forums

>shit writing
>why doesnt he just switch her off
>why doesnt he tell someone
>it must be because hes a typical beta asian who wants to fuck a robot
>wow christopher nolan is a hack

Bernard is programmed to be top cuck unless Ford says otherwise

Even he is a host, it still doesn't excuse the poor writing and execution of this storyline. Not to mention the fact that this storyline also contains the most mediocre acting

>He's a plot device, not a character, and that's lazy writing.

Exactly. You would think $100 million would buy you a few smarter writers.

Ford is becoming too much of a cartoonish villain for my liking.

and still he'll kill him in the last episode of the season because Hopkins is too expensive

>show ends on retarded "twist" that everyone is a robot
>you're pissed off at the lame conclusion
>some message appears on screen after the end credits
>doesn't look like anything to you
>suddenly men in hazmat suits burst into your house
>you were a robot too

>Weak characterization is okay because the show is 2deep4u

so other than William=MiB, what other theories have been confirmed so far?

>you were a robot too

erase my memory already, brick me

>You would think $100 million would buy you a few smarter writers.
You see, the did buy good writers.

But they wrote 5 episodes

But HBO said "We paid for all the props and sets. Double the amount of the episodes
"But we only have enough material for 5 episodes"
"Well, make some new shit up"

And that's what we got. We had 5 well written episodes, but then it was stuffed full of pointless shit in order to make the 10 episode bill.
Shit like Sizemore the writer. Why the fuck do we see him every episode?
What was the point of Elsie "Fuck cunt" Hughes if the only person (Bernard) looking for her had his memories erased?
What has Dolores done after escaping her narrative loop?

poor bait

It's not intentional on his part. Arnold is fucking with the hosts from beyond the grave.

do they have to spell it out for you, faggot?

Shrinkray
That's why the Hosts can never truly leave

Stick to The Walking Dead, lad.

This show is boring as fuck and masquerades as something elevated when in reality it's just drek.

nah I dropped that after season 2 when it completely hit tock bottom

>You want him to be some alpha male who's gonna box her out and tell her to shut up.

Wrong. It's fine for a character to be a beta or an idiot, but his decision-making and behavior shouldn't veer too far from the decision-making and behavior of real-life betas/idiots. Otherwise, he's just lazy plot device.

But it is.
In the first episode he details his "Reveries" system that allows Hosts to remember parts of their past loops in order to improvise better.
He explicitly says that

But we see that he controls his Hosts with memory wipes and we know that he doesn't want them to be fully sentient. That was Arnold's bag.

I hope the season doesn't end with Bernard remembering too much and killing Ford, while Ford is suddenly shocked that Bernard could disobey him

>show exploring the line between humanity and artificial humanity, when does machine stop being a machine

You say this like it isn't the number one theme of every AI book, film or TV show ever.

wait I missed the last episode did they somehow disprove William=MIB?

This scene is not Dolores's flashback, it's in the present.

This is the worst thing about the show.

If there are multiple timelines, thats bullshit and retarded. It's not handled well at all and lays no groundwork, except possible "easter egg" crap. There's way more evidence for 1 timeline anyway.

And 1 timeline doesnt make any fucking sense, because the show does an awful job of setting any sort of scene or explanation of what is actually going on or how things work. It's why shit like this shrinkray meme take off, because it actually is vague enough to make you ask - what the fuck is westworld, where is westworld, how the fuck do you get in, how the fuck do these loops work, why are some in 1 day loops and others in month long loops, how do hosts continuously meet with employees, what are their bodies doing in the meantime, what the fuck is ford doing with this storyline, where the fuck is ford doing this storyline, why does ed harris want to allow the hosts the power to kill him, why doesnt he just shoot up a school, why does dolores who was supposedly built be ford have the most deja vu out of anyone, why the FUCK is maeve not eternally nuked by this company which watches every guest and host like a hawk 24/7, why does this show tickle my autism so much

Yes.
MiB explains who he is and why he's there.

It's nothing like William aside from the fact that they're both related to business

so is the park surrounded by hundreds of thousands of armed guards or something? How do they stop people coming in or out?

It's just a wasteland out there.

Look at the bottom floor of the facility, where the spare Hosts are retired.
It's an abandoned mall
Like a modern contemporary mall

And that's 80 stories down

Something happened

all MiB's backstory could have happened after after William was there. He just didn't mention he'd been in the park before his wife died

Dolores is so fucked up there's no way to tell what's real with her visions

I just think the show should have taken one or two more episodes to show him and Maeve grow closer (i.e. Maeve playing him) because at the point where she "understands" whats going on she somehow forces the two technicians to risk technically everything to help her even though she has little to no leverage about them. They literally could factory reset her anytime.

I complaint about the writing that does not make sense and is rushed.

>Multiple plotlines
That alone is inherent because of the nature of the park, the hosts go through loops

Dolores' little adventure is her chasing her flashbacks from a previous loop to the town she used to be in. Doesn't mean there are active timelines people are jumping through

>Will = MIB
No concrete evidence, whatsoever

No, if anything they jerked themselves off by having MIB meet and recognize the bitch host that gave William his westworld orientation

This. That's as bad as if they were just retards.

the big dude with the axe almost killed the MIB
is the staff even aware of the existence of lethal bots in the parc ?

>all MiB's backstory could have happened after after William was there. He just didn't mention he'd been in the park before his wife died
But the reason why the MiB came back to the Park was that when he killed Maeve and her daughter, he saw something real in Maeve's reaction

Which is exactly what William is seeing in Dolores. Something "real"
The MiB wouldn't have been moved by Maeve's death and reaction if he had already seen it in Dolores 30 years in the past.

Besides, that doesn't matter
Since we know that Maeve was killed by the MiB within a year of the show's start, it confirms that there's only one timeline.

We know this because it started with Abernathy. Abernathy was infected by the photo.
He infects Dolores
Dolores infects Maeve

Maeve was only a madame at the brothel for less than a year. She was there because her daughter was killed by the MiB.

Dolores interacts with Maeve the Madame, which centers the time frame.

Security guy is looking for Elsie.

Bernard still will remember her because as with other older hosts, his "erased" memories are not actually completely erased.

>No concrete evidence, whatsoever

what about my strong suspicions? do they not count for anything, user?

>recognize the bitch host that gave William his westworld orientation
That was also the dancer that Dolores saw in Version 1.0 of the Park
That's from when he was remembering her

WE BATTLESTAR GALACTICA NOW

I fucking lol'd at the C6 bomb line in the last episode. This show literally took inspiration from the esteemed writing masterclass that is The Phantom Menace

Teddy was there
It's all a game.
The axe was never swung in a way that Teddy couldn't stop

Jurassic Park, actually.

But what about how the show is a steaming sack of shit?

When were there spine bombs in TPM?

>Dolores interacts with Maeve the Madame, which centers the time frame.
That only proves that Dolores is in both timelines. Maeve is supposedly never seen with William or Logan according to timelinefags.

Could have said that hé was approached by Bernard. Would have been better than bord cunt scene

I hope the theories about him being a host are right because otherwise he's he single most retarded and incompetent fuck in any show ever.

>you will never experience WW 1.0 again
>there was a real sense of community, gangs actually communicated, you didn't just afk at Sweetwater waiting for the questgivers
>they nerfed Horns dude twice already because scrubs were getting caught by him
>hosts could actually injure you, there was a sense of danger
>tfw doing Ghost Nation runs with the starter pistol

can't wait for Westalrius lads. Sure it's in a public park but at least it's free and they'll capture Arnold's vision. Fuck Ford the sellout and (((Delos)))

Sorry, i think they were actually in their heads in star wars

>she somehow forces the two technicians to risk technically everything to help her even though she has little to no leverage about them. They literally could factory reset her anytime.

Yes, this is the crux of the matter. If they had spent time establishing a strong emotional bond between Maeve and Felix (beta chink dude), it would have grounded his subsequent decision-making (motivated by affection rather than fear). As it happens, you have a guy smart enough to operate a sophisticated AI interface, yet not smart enough to realize he has nothing to worry about since he can always neutralize the robot with a single stroke of the touchscreen.

Since Dolores with Maeve was in the same loop as she was when she met William, it would be pretty pointless if the William loop was 30 years prior to the Maeve loop

But like I said, follow the chain of infection
Abernathy to Dolores to Maeve.

Dolores and Maeve are both malfunctioning. They've both become aware of the world.
Maeve the Madame got it from Dolores, who is infected while she's with William

There are no multiple timelines

>you have a guy smart enough to operate a sophisticated AI interface
have you seen the fucking tablets?

"drag this with your finger to increase bulk"

When were there head bombs in Star Wars?

mib fuck off you griefing fgt

He's smart enough to program the bird

What is drek?

ADMIN ABUSE
ADMIN ABUSE

I don't think he programmed it, just restarted its basic routines.

no m8 it's retarded as fuck, the gook and the jew have 10 occasions per episodes to easily unfuck themselves, and they never actually do it. It's just a pretty retarded way to justify the whole thing.

why does this face look so much like David Duke's?

It still clearly takes some effort.

Guys.
Why is there both the Maeve storyline and the Dolores storyline?
They're both sexbots becoming self-aware.
Isn't it redundant to have both?

Better cut one and focus on the other so that we don't get stupid characters following the plot

Honestly the only excuse is the multiple timelines theory. If this is happening at the same time, then yes, it's utterly pointless and redundant.

Dullores story seems to be more personal, the stuff she and Will and MiB/Will-MiB share. Plus, she's searching for the maze. Maeve just wants to get out and maybe start a robot revolution??? They're two sides of the same coin.

Cameras to see them fucking robots.

No cameras to see throat slitting.

Maeve is Watch Dogs now, she can hack anything in sight remotely