/his/tory Sup Forums

I figured since this shit has been infested by capecucks and other plebian movie interests, post some patrician history kino

youtube.com/watch?v=Lc5ez8kK4HY

brety gud desu

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n725zX3zIk0
youtube.com/watch?v=nAh78K_hqVU
youtube.com/watch?v=MrbiSUgZEbg
youtube.com/watch?v=d6qtLWwJq9U&list=PLouqiIwKCnyemBiWVSD5_mkvWSjCMWBmU&index=1
youtu.be/4HxydMf3bcM
youtube.com/watch?v=2kZASM8OX7s
youtube.com/watch?v=O0C-euAyCTU
youtube.com/watch?v=8NSvZ_DAyI8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Awesome

Here's my contribution youtube.com/watch?v=n725zX3zIk0

The Passion of the Christ.

Hacksaw Ridge if you want something playing in the theaters.

Scorsese is also releasing a history film this year.

Barry Lyndon

Kingdom of Heaven DC

Spartacus

Ben-Hur

The Revenant

All worth seeing.

>Barry Lyndon

Was it autism?

>Kingdom of Heaven
While it is a great movie its pretty fucking shit in the historical accuracy department desu.
I still love it though.
youtube.com/watch?v=nAh78K_hqVU

Yeah it's full of retarded Hollywood liberal revisionism but it's still pretty nice with its medieval imagery.

She was distractingly hot in Hacksaw and boy did they really "compliment" what Desmond's real wife looked like.

documentaries welcome?

ken burns anything

the world at war

the patriot

When they showed his real wife, I actually laughed. No wonder the guy didn't fear death.

Poor man's Haley Bennett 2bh.

War in Peace is great senpai.

> Master and Commander
> Lawrence of Arabia
> Amadeus
> Zulu
> Das Boot
> Letters from Iwo Jima
> Band of Brothers

>it's full of retarded Hollywood liberal revisionism

Literally how?

If you read up on Reynald de Chatillon he really was a massive piece of shit, and shit disturber.

The Christians were made comically evil. That bishop in the siege with Bailan? Actually a pretty decent guy in real life. But the movie portrayed him as a classical selfish man who uses Christianity as a means to gain power. The film also keeps hinting at Bailan being atheist because we can't have Christians being good guys. Also Saladin took tons of slaves after the siege. It wasn't the pacifist solution the movie painted it to be.

All building up to a narrative that needlessly portrays Christians as evil and muslims as good guys.

It glorified Saladin. He was just as bad as Reynald. Member that time when Saladin defeated Libyans in battle and said they would go unmolested, instead he sent his brother out to slaughter them when they were leaving. Member that time when Saladin said he would not sack Acre but instead let the Turkroaches in his army sack the city?

Also there is the fact that it seems to portray the majority of the Christians in the movie as bloodthirsty brutes.

youtube.com/watch?v=MrbiSUgZEbg

I always recommend this Napoleon documentary if you want the basics of Napoleon. It's told in a pretty passionate manner with great music accompanied.

based user

>no Hollywood movie about the BTFO of turkroach mudslimes at the hands of Poles
WHY?

>hollywood caring about pollocks
>characterizing muzzies as teh bad guys
d00d it's liek ur a foreigner or sumtin

Because millennial would say its le racist

John Adams is one of the smartest shows ever.
Shame that this HBO is long dead. I'm afraid their show about Andrew Jackson won't be this based.

>still no movie about the partitions of Poland

Poland is a shit tier nation tbqh

if they make it i can't see how it won't be based
the problem is they throw money at trash liek westworld and game of plebs

Anyone know any good conquistadorkino?

Because HBO also produced a propaganda movie about LBJ. If they made John Adams today Hamilton would be portrayed as a hero not as an antagonist. And federal banks will be an important subplot in the new show.

there's a pole movie about it

>tfw no high budget Cortez destroying the aztecs film/mini series

No budget. No talent. Polish movies only became good this year or in 2015.

i haven't seen that but do you think it's less because hbo wanted it that way or because they gave money to a bad director/writer? i mean, maybe for once art prevailes, albeit in the favor of a libkek. i doubt hbo is somehow incapable of producing quality content nao just because they also produce libtard trash.

already posted, fgt
read the thread b4 u shit it up again
fucking cancer

How old are you?

OLD ENUFF TO FUCK YOUR MOTHER IN THE ASS WHILE SHE ROLLS THE GLASS DICK IN HER MOUF

Battlefield series documentary about WW2 is the best around. It's on youtube.

Band of Brothers is really good

I know they aren't the most accurate, but Sharpe and Hornblower are an enjoyable watch. And Rome, of course.

Documentary wise, I really like the Great Commanders series.

How's Waterloo? Love me my Napleon

youtube.com/watch?v=d6qtLWwJq9U&list=PLouqiIwKCnyemBiWVSD5_mkvWSjCMWBmU&index=1

another series from the napoleonic era

conquest of paradise is good too, fug, those island survival/adventure movies are top comfy

If you don't mind a ton of inconsequential shit being made up to fill in the blanks and make the story more dramatic, Three Kingdoms is the shit.

Any genghis khan or Mongolian kino

You mean Lithuanians winning all the battles and polacs taking the credit lul

if anybody who was there is reading this, that generation kill thread yesterday was amazing.

I'd happily watch a fictional version of napoleonic wars. just give me some nice shots of battlefields and armies

Don't care, retard.

youtu.be/4HxydMf3bcM

youtube.com/watch?v=2kZASM8OX7s

thread theme

Tora Tora Tora is pretty good.

>And music, finished as no music ever finished

>hear again I was hearing the very voice of god

>I was staring at through the cage of those meticously strokes ... at an absolute beauty

Forget about the historical innaccuracies, this is one of the greatest films ever made. I tear up on every rewatch. I wish I could've watched it with my father.

I was really surprised to learn that this music was composed in 1982. I always thought it was from the 19th century.

Also probably the GOAT of historical docs. It's one of those things where you actually feel like you lost a bit of yourself when it's over, and don't really know what to do next. Got the same feeling from reading Foote's volumes (although they are heavily related so that makes sense).

Yeah it was politically neutral enough. Shame about Burns's latest documentary.

Samogitian cosplaying as Belarusian spotted.

>when they end the first episode by reading Major Ballou's letter to his wife set to that song

Rasputin with Alan Rickman and Sir Ian Mckellan as Tzar Nicholas. It's a pretty good historic movie that doesn't get a lot of talk. Watched it back in some high school class

youtube.com/watch?v=O0C-euAyCTU

>ywn experience love like this

This one :

youtube.com/watch?v=8NSvZ_DAyI8

>all these young men who were genuinely happy, enjoyed living, loved and were loved were cut down in their prime and you get to live despite hating yourself and being unlovable

It shoulda been us

>ashokan farewell
so fucking perfect

it still can be us.

all we need is a good war to get those gears greased.

Glory.

Black Pride. You're more than just a nigger, boy.

That show is so fucking underappreciated it's disgusting. Genuinely one of the best series ever aired.

Everyone here needs to watch Patton if they know what's good for them.

>implying I havent

why are nazis so handsome?

>the christians were made comically evil

there are literally 5 muslim characters in kingdom of heaven, one is a greedy merchant, one is an arrogant servant who tries to kill balian for no reason, saladin's son is a jerk, then there's saladin and dr bashir who are good

there are as many "good" christian characters in kingdom as there are muslim characters entirely

Is there anything good out there about George Washington

Anyone else here /oliver stone the untold story of the united states/?

Good list. I have amadeus downloaded but haven't got around to watching it yet. I can't tell if it's going to be good or incredibly fucking boring.

>Oliver Stone

they're going to shoehorn in a bunch of pointless sex scenes and long shots of dicks.

>tfw we'll never get Sergio Leone's Stalingrad (with URSS support) and Stanley Kubrick's Napoleon

Fuck this life.
Movies are garbage nowadays.

Aguirre.

so the age of consent, 16/17?

Marco Polo?

It's not as good as it should be, though.

macro polo was a fucking mess.

Okay, I'll list all I can remember.

Aguirre
Barry Lyndon
The Duellists
Flesh + Blood
The Hidden Fortress (and all the other Kurosawa movies)
The Man who would be King
The Sword of Doom - Dai bosatsu Toge
Il Gattopardo
The White Ribbon
Excalibur
Master & Commander
The Thin Red Line
Becket

Was this supposed to be an argument? Because it has nothing do to with that guys post

TV/Mini Series Kino

>John Adams
>ROME
>Fall of Eagles
>Deadwood
>War & Peace
>The Borgias
>Pillars of the Earth
>Versailles
>Medici: Masters of Florence

I just re-watched John Adams this week, I wish HBO would do one another president or historical figure. I think Theodore Roosevelt would be a good choice.

That's a dog you idiot.

Very qt.

W&P is something I need to watch.

Seriously. There is so much great subject matter throughout history that hasn't been touched.

Is there any accurate movie about the Greeks or the Romans?