Confession Time

I stopped following music in 2013

I was molested and abused multiple times as a kid

Im sorry user.
House of Cards is pretty good though right?

I regularly make shitty bait/meme threads on Sup Forums because I don't have much else going on in my life and need attention and validation.

the radiohead song? haven't checked it out. thanks tho.

>I started following music properly year ago when David Bowie died, after my depression worsened I've spent nothing but listening to music.
>Music is the only reason why I like being alive, sort of even though I am in a relationship.
>I'm sad most people don't like discussing music I like.
>I am planning my suicide when my favorite bands stop playing/when their frontmen die.

This.

Also I frequently samefag my own posts to encourage other people to give me (You)s, I even switch up my posting style and use different IPs to make it more convincing

haha

me too user

I sometimes do this too, not for attention though, just so I can make it look like I am winning in an argument by making it look like other anons are agreeing with me.

Or because I want to discuss certain thing and I feel like that making it seem like that thing has a lot of attention given to it more anons will be peer preassured into it and respond.

I tend to dislike artists when they get too much praise (Pink Floyd, Neil Young, Radiohead, Muse...) and I feel like shit for being so shallow.

I can't enjoy music that doesn't have drums or any sort of percussion

Yeah I do this too.

literally me

I have listened to a shitload of different Jazz, Classical, Avant-Garde composers and a bunch of different shit but my taste still boils down to the same rock and pop Sup Forums-core

kek

I also do this

I love jazz, but I can partially agree with this. I also listened to a shitload of music from a lot of different genres, but my favorites are still mu-core so I always look like a normie (which I probably am desu)

Me too lol

I kinda like Humanz...

This kind of behavior is really annoying. There's few things more annoying in this world than "muh duuuude, they sold out!" Some people have a morbid pleasure knowing the bands they like won't get big, won't get to pay their bills and will eventually quit music

kek, I do this all the time.

I think the purpose of listening to different stuff is knowing what's out there, you don't have to love obscure stuff(or not necessarily obscure, but not mainstream). I grew up listening almost exclusively to rock, and I've been trying to like jazz for a while, but I only like some artists, not enough to say I'm a jazz fan. Classical on the other hand gives me monstrous boners. I guess I'm a white boii. Tbh, I just realized most jazz artists I like are white, or "play white". Bill Evans over Oscar Peterson, Brecker or Getz over Coltrane, Jim Hall over Benson etc etc. I don't know man, that overly rhythmic way of playing so characteristic of blacks just doesn't make it for me. As a guitar player I've gotta watch my mouth though, if I say outloud I don't like Wes that much, but dig Metheny(who idolizes Wes) I'd get stoned to death.

Don't worry I listen to it on a regular basis and I enjoy it.

Is this meta-irony?

I was a hip hop conservative which refused to approve anything that came out after 1998 (ex. Nas and Snoop) despite producing synth driven beats myself until I listened to Goblin which got me into modern sounding rap

I've been deaf since I was born, I've been mostly just making up sounds based on the artist, album and song name and reading along cd booklets with lyrics. I can read lips but I don't know how to articulate or enunciate words so people think I'm retarded but I'd rather them think me retarded than deaf.
Found out that hip hop had the coolest feeling at concerts so that's my favorite genre

das racist ya know?

There is no way to know that this thread is not just one guy changing his IP with every post.

UK grime is rubbish it doesn't translate past zone 2 on the tube map. Flat as a pan cake

>stopped following music in 2013
same

Wow that blondie is a real catch

M8 don't diss Brentford yeah?

The bbc spied on me and put out a threat of death to myself live on air.

Whenever I post or see a spicy shitpost, I start grunting like a pig
Spat out soda in my car because I saw a shitpost while drinking

I disregard any "music" thats rap, hip-hop and any kind of heavier metal (especially one that involves growling) and some of the meme artists like bjork or grimes.

Abba is my favorite band

I cant stand to female vocals. There's something about the female entonation that I really can't like. Even boys that sound like woman aren't so annoying to my ears. The vocals on Loveless completely ruined it to me.

All i listen to is rap and hip-hop

i go through massive phases with music where all i'll listen to is one genre and get as deep into it as i can, this year i got real into hip-hop, math rock, emo, death metal, electronic & black metal and then after a few months i'll just bounce over to a diff genre and get into that as much as possible and rarely visit the stuff from the other genres
the only real constant in terms of music genre for me is rap & metal.

I've got a mangled cash dispenser in my warehouse loft. I'm worried it might still have a GPS but no one has turned up. Music, Erasure, Pet Shop Boys, Dusty for the wife.

people think I have great and diverse taste but I really only listen to ~a dozen artists

Sometimes I use MusicBee's stereo enhancer plugin cranked all the way up when listening to free improv or ambient types of music to better immerse myself in the listening experience.