Was this really the second golden age of television?

was this really the second golden age of television?

early 2000s were the goat
>sopranos
>wire
>deadwood
>Rome
>John Adams
>carnivale
>six feet under
>the shield
>band of brothers
>generation kill

It will never get this good again

>mentioning breaking bad with those shows
DROPPED

wait till i get into hollywood im gonna spin some heads

>Breaking Reddit
Fuck off

Sure.

For the record, I didn't think breaking bad was that good. Google images did that thinking for me

Sopranos and Wire are Golden Age, Mad Men and BrBa started the Silver Age which we are now in.

> mfw

>DUDE SURVIVORSHIP BIAS LMAO

>Madmen
>Breaking bad
>No game of thrones

how many times did your mom drop you on your head

This show has 5 good episodes

Wire > sopranos > got

>Sup Forums and its contrarian tendencies has turned on BB.

Gotta love it

Early 2010s:
>Mad Men
>Breaking Bad
>Fargo
>The Knick
>The Leftovers
>Rectify
>True Detective
>The Pacific
>Wolf Hall
>Game of Thrones

I think you're crazy, modern shows are just as good as they were in the early 2000s. And now it's not just HBO making good content, AMC, FX, and Netflix are ally vying to be the best at prestige drama.

Sup Forums acting like contrarian retards again
Classic

>waaah, they don't like my favorite show so that they're contrarian

Redditors leave

>has turned on BB.
Breaking Bad's reputation was mixed starting with seasons 3 and 4 and then flat out negative in the final season and the resentment has only grown in the time since it finished. I know you saw all of the threads of crossposting Sup Forums tourists getting "hyped" for the latest episode and thought that meant that Sup Forums liked Breaking Bad, but you are wrong.

If Sup Forums had a positive opinion of Breaking Bad then it also has a positive opinion of The Walking Dead and Game Of Thrones.

I don't understand it, to be honest. It's an anonymous imageboard.

he never said anything about GoT being better than the 2 goats

i havent watched mad men entirely but
this

True Detectives 1 came after. So no

No, it really wasn't that great of a show. I bet you even watch mr plebit as well

True Detective is not a significant show.

Danny McBride is changing the game!

Yeah but so many of them turned into self indulgent shit.

>>Mad Men
All time GOAT
>>Breaking Bad
Mediocre
>>Fargo
Good not great
>>The Knick
Good not great
>>The Leftovers
Great
>>Rectify
Good not great
>>True Detective
Mediocre
>>The Pacific
Mediocre
>>Wolf Hall
Get real
>>Game of Thrones
Actual liquid shit.

True detective season 1 was the single greatest season of television I have ever seen.

You my argue that one good season is not enough to make one of the GOAT, but having that tightly bound story told from start to finish with a virtually absolute conclusion was extremely satisfying. No need to suffer the eventual dip in quality any long running show has or have to wait 7 seasons for a real conclusion.

I thought it started intriguingly but ended up being the most pedestrian shit possible. It had 10/10 performances and cinematography and for those reasons it is a good show, but as a piece of television writing I don't see it as a noteworthy accomplishment at all.

nowadays it's the 3rd then?
>Narcos
>Fargo
>War and peace

Game of Thrones is a spectacular show for totally different reasons than all the other shows I listed. Can you really not appreciate its feat? It brought a completely new genre to prestige television. It was one of the most ambitious and successful TV shows of all time, and has already spawned a ton of imitators.

There is little doubt that it is the greatest high-fantasy television series of all time. Its writing and characterization don't stand up to the likes of other modern dramas (e.g. The Sopranos, Mad Men), but those aren't the characteristics of the show that make it special. It's an apples-oranges comparison, and I think GoT deserves credit for being the greatest orange of all time.

Would you spare this 'reddit' meme? It's childish

>it brought a completely new genre to prestige television
You mean it lowered the bar for what could be considered "prestige television" so much that it ended up in the fucking sewer.

Calling it the greatest accomplishment in an inherently low brow and infantile genre is like calling it the nicest tasting piece of shit.

>Leftovers
>mad men
>Hyped
Opinion discarded

Unfortunately you forgot Vic Mackey.

Leftovers and Mad Men are the only two genuinely good shows on that list imo. They are the white race to the chinks of Fargo, The Knick and Rectify and the blacks of Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead.

fuck. what happened to tv as a medium? it's just a bunch of over-dramatized cliffhanger bs now.

>Early 2010's
>Mad Men appeared in 2007
Huh?

If you don't find Mad Men to be amazing you genuinely have shit taste

why omar is the poster boy for the wire? McNulty is much much better as a character

Sup Forums hates breaking bad now because the last season wasn't amazing and was a bit of a let down and it got to popular with "normies" who over praised it and overlooked all the flaws of the final season.

Its still one of the best written tv shows ever made.

nice taste user

any film recommendations?

>wow such deep symbolism
You have to be 15 to think that this surface crap is good

>not naming justified

fucking kids these days

5/8 is not bad though

when wasnt it??? pre buck rodgers

I love seeing posts like this when people project really hard and dont realize it

>flat out negative i
is that what you really think? cute

tell us ur favourite shows

Anybody serious about Sup Forums would have killed Vince Gilligan without hesitation if he ever crossed their path during that last season. We saw him devolve a potentially great show into cliffhanger fueled mediocrity and then go all the way into full meme territory in s5.

I'd still murder him for this great betrayal if the oppurtunity ever presented itself.

breaking bad is better than all of those

tell me about the leftovers, why is good?

i love madmen btw
i'm still at season 5 but for now:

pete (i really feel for him)>peggy>don

mad men is garbage and everyone forgot about it already

No it's not, you know it

>tell me about the leftovers, why is good?
The kino atomostphere that lets you feel superior to the game of thrones plebs and the dramatic music that lets you know whenever something profound is happening.

yes it is, and bryan cranston is the bets actor alive