What's his most realistic/least eccentric role?

What's his most realistic/least eccentric role?

Donnie Brasco

Gilbert Grape

Nick of Time

Ed Wood.
He toned it down a little for the part.

Jack Sparrow or Black Mass Man, he was great in that, it's a shame it was directed by a random nobody.

Gilbert

George Jung, considering he was a real person

Secret Window

Dead Man

What's that one movie where he played a drug dealing degenerate that tried to get his shit together for his little girl but failed? That one.

You can tell from that image alone that he is meme acting to the max. No thanks.

>OP asks for role
>faggots answer by movie title

Whitey Bulger. Shame the performance was wasted on a shit movie

Blow?

>Whitey Bulger. Shame the performance was wasted on a shit movie
He was a terrible cartoon character in that film

Office Tom Hanson from the hit TV series 21 Jump Street.

Agree. Secret Window.

As opposed to movies where he plays actual cartoon characters like Wonka, Mortedcai, Jack Sparrow, Scissorhands, Sweeney Todd, Mad Hatter,

That wasn't an act, user.

His Whitey Bulger was right there alongside those performances, but it was even more embarrassing than usual because of how obviously he was gunning for awards cred.

He was the worst part of the movie which says a lot
Horribly wooden performance. And that shitty make-up was fucking C-movie quality. Eye lenses and obvious bald cap? Fucking christ...

Gilbert Grape, or Hunter S Thompson

Does Depp even know how to not be a meme any more?

The role he played in the 9th gate

I doubt it. He's a perfect example of how you can become too famous.

This one. Really good movie, sad he doesn't do more like it.

Mad Hatter

nick of time and what's eating gilbert grape are the only starring roles i could come up with that don't rely on any gimmicks, tics, or wackiness. even in something like public enemies or donnie brasco he's putting on an accent.

secret window and black mass are hammy as fuck. he might as well be playing fucking nosferatu in black mass.

I hurt myself today...

It's the complete opposite of that pic. He's got two billion dollar franchise roles coming up. One already filmed which he was paid 50 mil for. She's gotten effed left right and centre.

What's Eating Gilbert Grape

Leo does all the eccentric overacting.

John Dillinger

Gilbert Grape

Either this or Finding Neverland.

Whitey Bulger. He basically plays a believably crazy skeleton face with a receding hairline.

His character in Platoon was ok.

The guy that kills the cooks in Once Upon a time in Mexico

Do you even think before you use that word these days?

I really wanted him to have a bigger role, he was a legit badass in that movie.

Gilbert Grape

mort

Took this long for Finding Neverland to be mentioned.... Crazy. Criminally underrated film with a beautiful soundtrack.

/thread

Really good thriller too. Walken is in it, bit farfetched at times, but I liked it.

I was going to mention Neverland, but J.M Barrie is kind of an eccentric for making something as absurd as Neverland when you stop to think about it.