Metal

Tell me what to like

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=71zwQWWK24U
youtube.com/watch?v=FMFHao3w5Ak
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ITT: Someone will to tell OP to listen to Metallica and everyone loses their shit

I like Stoner Metal, such as this

that bass has way too many strings

Are you new to metal OP? Painkiller by Judas Priest is what got me into the genre. Such an energetic album with no really bad tracks. If you're looking for a darker, maybe less-fun one, Train of Thought by Dream Theater is also great although it's true they can be quite over-the-top at times.
At the other side of the spectrum, you could check out Filosofem and other Burzum albums for some great black metal and dark ambient.

youtube.com/watch?v=71zwQWWK24U
this band prette decent.
just don't bother with exercises in futility there is only one good song on that ablum.

HE

IS

THE

PAIN-KILL-ERRRR

Hey OP, you should listen to the quintessential metal band, Metallica, who everyone can agree made the greatest metal album of all time in Master of Puppets, and nobody has any problems with whatsoever.

WINGS OF STEEL
PAIN
KILL
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRR

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

ugh

Black Sabbath

>pic from Nightcrawler
you should be ashamed you missed the opportunity
youtube.com/watch?v=FMFHao3w5Ak

Metallica is a legitimately good start if you're trying to see what the genre is like. They're not the best overall but if you're new to the whole thing then it gives you a general idea of what you're getting into.

Still would recommend Black Sabbath over Metallica for newcomers though.

Might just be the best song on the album aside from the first and last one

I've listened to all metallica albums, enjoyed ride the lightning, master of puppets and the black album. And while I didn't enjoy Kill'em All as much, Seek and destroy is a fantastic track

Never listened to black sabbath, what's a good first album to pick?

Metallica up to Master of Puppets but don't make that your favourite album. It needs to be ride the lighting, kill 'em all or and justice for all.

Kreator, coma of souls, extreme aggression the kudos will flood in like prize tickets on the piano game

Anthrax early, Slag them off when Dan likyer [sic] left but bonus points for when the replacement singer was actually good despite going out of fashion. Then their good last album

Megadeth, up to symphonies of destruction I assume

Thin lizzy
Motor head
Venom
- - -
One of the three

Then you've a choice, either go grunge or hair metal but not both

Also same with death metal, goth

Black metal don't bother really it's a has been fashion statement with no cred anymore

\oo/

I would say start with Heaven and Hell and then listen to their first 6 albums.

>Never listened to black sabbath, what's a good first album to pick?

I love Paranoid and Vol. 4, maybe those are not the best entry Sabbath albums, but they are amazing imo

I think Paranoid is extremely accessible

Paranoid and Master of Reality

Doom, Sludge, Stoner, Drone metal are the highest tier

Something about the smoldering, apocalyptic blues of bands like Burning Witch just does it for me- the vocals could come out corny but it feels in place

Maybe the best rock song of the 70s

oops wrong thread but listen to the Stooges as well OP

High on Fire

X-Japan symphonic thrash glam

personally i'd just listen to limp bizkit, bathory and korn