Runaway (Kanye West's short film)

What are your thoughts? I think it's pretty great honestly. The peak is definitely when he starts playing Runaway.

youtu.be/Jg5wkZ-dJXA

I could never bring myself to listen to Kanye because I have a knee jerk adversion to normie music and I also dislike black people, but I always thought Runaway was a decent song 2bh.

When you think about it, Kanye is both overrated and underrated at the same time. His shitty songs like Mercy get hyped too much while ones like Runaway don't get recognised as much but are absolute masterpieces.

I'm not racist, but if we're being completely honest with each other, when black people try to make high art it is always the most generic and soulless imitation lacking any true meaning or lasting value. Stick to your hip hop and sports you're good at that, but when Kanye or any other rich black person tries to imitate the white man's art it is never more than that, imitation.

This

That's racist though. You degrade "other" artists as inferior.

Kanye West is one of the greatest artists of all time,

ALL TIME!

>Now if I fuck this model
>And she just bleached her asshole
>And I get bleach on my T-shirt
>I'mma feel like an asshole
>I was high when I met her
>We was down in Tribeca

yeah fàm this is poetry n sheeiit. We waz Shake-a-spear n shit

Kanyes one of those rare artists who appeals to normies while being Thom Yorke-level autistic himself, and it shows in how food his music actually is (when it's good, that is).

Oh look another unintelligent nigger who doesn't have the mental capacity to separate art from the artist.

That's not what he said at all.

>Not understanding the point that comes in next lines
ain't even want to talk about talk about it

Everybody gonna say something, I'll be worried if they say nothing

Pretty deep. Only rapper that makes you think

That's racist. Just admit it. There's nothing more annoying than someone going "I'm not racist but..." Just be honest with yourself and own up to it. At least guys on Sup Forums are honest about their beliefs, on the internet at least.

No it isn't. That's the problem with you millenials, any statement or opinion that is based on the race of a group is immediately racist. If I said black people suck because they can't make art or black people have never once made quality art you would have an argument. In fact music is an art and I praised them for doing that well. But when you see a headline with Jay Z or Kanye doing something at MOMA or some other modern art institute I know you roll your eyes as well and approach it with the same level of admiration you would approach a child's finger painting with. Unless you're a pleb of course and think it's based just because a rich black man did it

Embrace being racist. There's nothing wrong with being able to see the world clearly. It's lacking balls that make people dislike you.

(Unless you're in canada or some cucked nation where you can be jailed for that comment, then godspeed).

See this just proves you're racist and a pussy, because even on an anonymous image bored you can't outright say blacks are incapable of any meaningful form of artistry beyond basic as fuck pop music and sports, which is what you're implying but not actually admitting.

>34:31
nope

The end of runaway with the heavily autotuned voice is one of my favourite moments in music ever

If I was racist I would gladly say it, especially on an anonymous forum. I won't say it though, because I'm not. The fact that your whole fight is getting me to admit I'm racist shows how much of an airhead liberal you are, though.
You're the one that called it basic you racist nitwit. I think it can be powerful, emotional, and deep. And blacks have also shown to be great at poetry and literature among other art forms, I just named two that modern blacks have chosen to focus on and excel at, god forbid I actually acknowledge reality, though, right?

Pseudoscience isn't bold and brave user. Racism is as real as gender studies.
Find a real biologist, sit down and have a good chat with him. Maybe show him all those graphs you saved on your phone.
See what he thinks of it.

>when black people try to make high art it is always the most generic and soulless imitation lacking any true meaning or lasting value

That's a quote from you, copy pasted it myself. You're the one backpedaling, you big closet racist.

You literally said art from black people are generic soul less imitations. The fact that you brought race into it means that you believe black people are inferior than other races at making art. Please tell me how this line of thinking isn't racist you delusional cuck.

Nobody gives a shit if you say you're racist and hate blacks. Just don't be a fucking pussy and make racist statements but try and say they aren't racially charged.

It's a very fine music film from a classic album.

Kanye has many GOAT music videos.

>come to this thread to state my opinion on the runaway short film
>its Sup Forums discussion

Kanye is the only modern rapper I really enjoy.

I loved it. My ex-fiancé and I used to get high and watch it because MBDTF was one of our shared favorite albums. I can't bring myself to watch it ever again though because it'll open a wound I tried very hard to close and I'll be an emotional wreck thinking of watching it in bed with her on Saturday mornings all happy and shit.

Just because someone doesn't like something from another race doors not make then racist. kill yourself for crying about literally everything. This is why your parents don't like you, I bet your mom wishes she would have swallowed you

Genuinely curious. please post some of the art they have imitated. Let me see the white man's high art next to the black man's attempt.

Not that guy but the debate over wether or not there are genetic differences between races that affect things like behaviour or IQ is far, far from over. Both sides have pretty strong points and realistically it will take at least a decade for social scientists to get a clear picture.

>tfw black

I agree, but it's not a race thing, there are plenty of good black artists around the world

It's that black American culture is souless

Contrived and pseudo artistic. It's good for a music video but pretty shitty cinematically. Even the camera work is pretty bad.

>black
WTF get out of here lmao