hacksawridge: 8.9/10
arrival: 8/10

god father 45/68
god ftaher part 2 54/68
god father part 3 63/68

airheads - 2/5
fantastic beasts - 1/5
christine (1983) - 3/5

The Handmaiden 8/10, Right Now Wrong Then 8/10, Oldboy 4/10.

paris texas: 2/10
fantastic beats: 8/10
sully: 8/10

Halloween: Resurrection - 6/10
The Bourne Ultimatum - 8/10
Spring Breakers - 5/10

Nocturnal animals
>9/10

Elle
>8.796/10

Zero days
>9.6756/10

doctor strange: 5/10
fantastic beasts:7.5/10
step up 2 the streets :8/10

>paris texas 2/10
>fantastic beasts 8/10

oh boy

Dr. Strange - 6/10
Alien - 9.5/10
Army of Darkness - 6/10

Dr.strange: 7/10
Batman: 5/10
The accountant: 6/10

fanny och alexander 9.5/10
viridiana 8/10
all about eve 7.8/10

Fantastic Beasts 9/12
Event Horizon 6/12
Greasy Strangler 12/12

>all these plebs rating out of anything above 5
>all these plebs doing the .5 meme
haha
>Right Now Wrong Then
have you seen his new film? how is the digital zoom game if so

Con air: 4 stars
Fire walk with me: 2 stars
Hacksaw rdige: 4 starTS

True Grit: 9/10
Margin Call: 8/10
Blue Jasmine : 9/10

liked all three quite a bit, Cate Blanchett is fucking unbelievable in Blue Jasmine, I've never seen an actress carry a film like she did

American Psycho - 5.5/10
Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince - 6.5/10
Corpse Bride - 7/10

He never died 8/10
Lobster 5/10 (why is this getting raves reviews? quirky for the sake of it =/= good)
Detachment 6/10

Glengarry Glen Ross: 8/10, objectively 9 or 10
Starship Troopers: 9/10
Locke: 8/10

I'm easily pleased though

>Rating out of 5 "stars"
>There are only five levels of movie quality

citizen kane 8.5/10
>pretty good got boring a few times
>can't help but feel it only got boring because i knew what rosebud was the sled from simpsons/family guy/the critic or any other cartoon that made a joke about it

bridesmates 5.5/10
>some really funny jokes/gags/dialog
>other jokes then fell flat and went for too long
>most of the good parts were in the early bit
>second attempt to watch it
>not what id consider a cohesive movie

f for fake 10/10
>darn good, near perfect
>paused for like 3 times but always found myself raring for more
>clapped at the hour gag

Actually RW/WT is the first film that I've watched from his filmography, didn't had any interest in watching it too, tbqh, untill I checked the Mike D'Angelo review.

under the shadow - 6.5/10
l'eclisse - 8/10
spirited away - 7.5/10

>pretty good got boring a few times
>8.5/10

Please don't tell me you rated it high just because it's a """classic""".

no the way it introduced the character of charles foster kane was really good

Godfather 10/10
Godfather II 7/10
Godfather III #DIV/0!

>Army of Darkness - 6/10
Reddit detected

>Stepford Wives
5.5/10
>Hell or Highwater
6.5/10
>The Girl Who Leaped Through Tme
6/10

Idk why people rate so high so often.

Too high? 6/10 is the correct rating. Not that guy, btw.

The Master- 4/5
Nocturnal Animals- 5/5
Nine Lives- 1.5/5

warning: I overinflate the shit out of my scores. I don't give a fuck.

>Arrival: 8.5/10
Liked it a lot, but I thought it could be done just a tad bit better. Incorporating the international teams more or, bare minimum, expanding the final section of the movie would've made it an easy 9.0+.

>The Edge of Seventeen: 7.0/10
Definitely didn't hate it (Steinfeld is an underrated Sup Forums waifu), but with all the hype its trailers drummed up, it was a bit of letdown. Would've *loved* to see more of the best friend and the brother; would've loved to see a wider take on Nadine's school life with other side characters/side stories. But as is, it was as solipsistic as Nadine, which limited things immensely. Still, it's a good movie for a Nadine-like character, which probably is any teenager who'd be willing to see the movie instead of Doctor Strange, et al.

Moonlight: 9.5/10
This is a random thought, but holy shit, I fucking hate this movie's poster. It's literally only until *after* seeing the movie that it makes any sense -- before then, it's just an ugly, obtuse piece of shit that weirdly enough makes the audience think the movie is gayer than it actually is. Semi-spoilers: there are only two, maybe three, scenes with genuine gay shit in them. Hard spoilers: in fact, there's no homosexual fucking! All that said, it's a great movie that uses cinematic language incredibly well. It missed out on the half point for the ending being slightly underwhelming, although it makes sense when looking back on the film.

>A Man Escaped
>Five stars

Really? I watched it after Le Trou and it was a huge step down.

op here, you didnt agree with my rating? which one/ why

>World's End
3/5
Snowden
3/5
Rushmore
4/5

which true grit you saw?

Debunking Alex Icke 8/10
The Synagogue of Satan 10/10
THRIVE: What On Earth Will It Take 5/10

Nah. I just mean generally.

I haven't seen any of those three but I'm pretty fucking suspicious of a Harry potter film getting 8/10.

I think people should rate movies on a bell curve so that the media is 5.0/10. For some reason everyone makes 5/10 some terrible mark and 7/10. Its like the imbd or pc-gamers score.

7/10 or 7.5/10 is like Die Hard to me. 8-9/10 are movies that are near perfect, and I have only rated like 4-5 movies 10/10 out of personal taste.

Repo Men: 3/10

Die Hard 2: 7/10

Die Hard: 8/10

>Idk why people rate so high so often.

This is why I don't take Letterboxd seriously. People hand out the full five star rating to absolutely everything they enjoy, and many people have five stars as their most awarded rating.

good burger 9/10
saving private ryan 8.5/10
before that i watched band of brothers

Batman vs Superman 8/10
Captain America Civil War 4.5/10
Suicide Squad 4/10

Outstanding taste

westworld (1973) 8/10
threads (1984) 4/10
running scared (2006) 3/10

What didn't you like about Oldboy?

>Flunky, Work Hard!
7/10
>Flowing
8/10
>Die Nibelungen: Kriemhild's Rache
9/10

Hell or High Water: 8/10
The Handmaiden: 7.5/10
King Dave: 6.5/10

Whiplash 10/10
Captain America: Civil War 5/10
Frozen ?/10
I don't remember much from Frozen. I liked the snowman, but it barely had a story, only like 2 songs, it felt like a really long short.

Dirty Grandpa - 3/10
Suicide Squad - 5/10
Arrival - 7/10

I only have 5 five star reviews:

>There Will Be Blood
>Clockwork Orange
>2001
>Birdman
>The Dictator.

And most of those are practically nostalgia picks since they came from when I was just getting into movies.

IMO a 5/5 movie has to have:
>A great writing
>Great characters
>Great score
>Great acting
>Great cinematography

It literally has to be perfect or close to perfect in every way. Though that makes me wonder whether No Country for Old Men should make the list. Fucking great movie. Thin Red Line too.

fantastic beasts 6/10
three colors blue 9/10
lolita 1997 8/10

The Rocketeer 3/10
Unbreakable 4/10
Thief 8/10

i just saw arrival last night. i liked it.

what did you want them to expand on?

i hate when time travel movies have this kind of loop. i dont know what its called ill try to explain it.

if she can see the future, but she can see herself in the future, doing something. i feel like i have a hard time understanding that shes remembering something that she will do. doesnt that break the time travel rules? its how in interstellar, the part i didnt like, where he is giving clues to himself from the future type thing. like how can he put those events in motion if he isnt aware of those events in that time. anyways what did she tell the chinese dude? what were her last words? in mandarin.

BvS 10/10
Bronson 5/10
SS:Extended 11/10

Maybe they generally only watch really good movies? My most frequent ratings on Letterboxd are 4-stars and 3-stars, and that's because I generally avoid things I think I won't like and primarily watch movies from directors I've heard good things about from sources whose opinions I trust. I think that distribution usually signifies people who are still combing through the classics or acclaimed stuff -- although, of course there will be some who just have shit taste.

What Just Happened (2008) - Kris10/10
The Cake Eaters (2007) - Kris10/10
Cafe Society (2016) - Kris10/10

Kub and the two memes 5/10
Don't Breathe 7/10
Sausage Party 1/10

All this, plus it needs to hold up on multiple viewings. Sure, a movie can be a 10/10 experience the first time, but if I don't enjoy it that much the second or third time, I have to reduce it.

Having 3 and 4 stars as your most frequent ratings is reasonable. I have too. If you avoid movies you know you won't like, most movies should be within that range, while 4.5 and 5 stars should be saved for those really special movies that only come along once in a while.

Just going to post what I wrote in another forum;
I hate movies like this. Raw and intense my ass. It's sh!t. It's disgusting. It's pathetically lazy and attention-seeking. It manufactures cheap shock to deliver a hypocritical moral denouncement like a punch to the gut, but even that feels tacked on (this movie was always going to be about the edge). The acting was hammy and ridiculous, the plot full of holes and convenient as hell (how many sushi chefs take complete strangers home and then ask to be raped? I assume not many). I need hypnosis to wipe this hot garbage from my brain.

Deadpool 3/10
The Harvest 7/10
Misconduct 6/10

Arrival- 8/10
In The Mood For Love- 9/10
The Handmaiden- 10/10

Arrival 9
Dr strange 6
Suicide squad 3
One more time.

The General - 4/5
Hacksaw Ridge - 4/5
Drive - 4/5
All first time watches

I thought the joke was smart but on second viewing it makes no sense outside my head.

Arrival 8/10
Arrival 10/10
Dr Strange 6/10

I don't think I've watched 3 movies this year, or at least I don't remember them.

>Ghost in the Shell 1995
I don't watch anime or read comics so I didn't have any prior knowledge so it was garbage. It was 90% exposition and I still wasn't entirely sure what was going on. I liked the music and it started to get interesting towards the end with that AI guy merging with the girl or something but that only lasted a few minutes

>Cavalry 2014
It's one of the better movies I've seen. You might have to understand some Catholic doctrines like confession in order to really appreciate it but I don't know. The ending was great.

>Arrival 8/10
>Arrival 10/10

First time was perfect, second not so much

>It manufactures cheap shock to deliver a hypocritical moral denouncement
What is the moral denouncement you're unhappy with, and why is it hypocritical?

>the plot full of holes and convenient as hell (how many sushi chefs take complete strangers home and then ask to be raped? I assume not many)
There are six billion people in the world, and weirder things have happened. What is your barometer for assessing "plausibility" in interactions?

don't breathe 5/10
the nice guys 2/10
swiss army man 1/10

>I don't remember the last 3 films I watched

Zodiac 8/10
Chronicle 7/10
Arrival 8/10

Star wars 1 - movie
Stars wars 2 - cinema
Star wars 3 - kino

snowden 7.5/10
the stanford prison experiment 8/10
that new harry potter spin of one 6/10

>Margin Call: 8/10
I enjoyed it because I like films centered on Wall Street, but really? It didn't even have a climax.

Arrival - 4/10
Nocturnal Animals - 7/10
I'm Still Here - ???/10

Thelma and Louise
>7/10
The Last of the Mohicans
>6/10
Ali
>4.8

I dunno, do you really think a movie needs all of that to get a perfect score?

I think the way a lot of people rate movies, where a 10 (or 5/5) corresponds to "perfection," and anything less is flawed in some sense, is a mistake. It penalizes ambition. I think it makes more sense to award perfect scores to films that are in (in your opinion) the top 10 percent of all films. That if the soundtrack is somewhat weak, a movie can still get a great score by over performing in the other categories.

Arrival 6.5/10
Guilty of Romance 7/10
They Live 9/10

Interview with the Vampire: 6/10
10 Cloverfield Lane: 9/10
Suicide Squad: 3/10

YMS don't you have some dogs that need fucking? Nobody gives a fuck about review scores

so (for example) you would rate Shawshank Redemption or Citizen Kane (generally recognized as a masterpieces) the same as The Martian (generally recognized very good)?

dont you think thats flawed?

Samurai Shodown the Motion Picture: 1/10
The Hands of Orlac :6/10
Ghidorah the Three Headed Monster: 5/10

Frozen: 4/10
Pocahontas: 5/10
Fantastic Beasts: 4/10

??? you dont look at reviews before downloading something you know little about? you must watch allot of shit

Central Intelligence 6/10
Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children 7/10
Bad Moms 8/10

just realized that I might be gay

>I'm Still Here - ???/10
0/10 is the answer

Hardcore Henry 4/10
Mr. Church 8/10
Blood Father 7/10

Yeah, that is a point or two too high.

A River Runs Through It 8/10

Phantoms 6/10

Can't Hardly Wait 10/10

No. But if a movie was fucking LEGENDARY in its writing, characters and acting, I would probably give it a 10/10 even if the soundtrack could use some work.

I'm saying a movie that achieves great things deserves a 10/10 more than a movie that has no flaws.

>Lust/Caution
4/5
>Wild Strawberries
5/5
>Metropolitan
3/5

>Dr. Strange
6/10
>Panda! Go Panda!
3/10
>Tangled
8/10

>it's not perfect
>I'll give it a perfect score anyway

Listen to how stupid you sound

>perfect movies
Every movie that has ever been made is flawed in some way. You can either not give perfect scores to anything or you can give them to the films that you think are better than all other films in spite of their flaws.

>Every movie that has ever been made is flawed in some way
guess again pal

can you honestly say you give 1 ratings to anything? if not then slide your scale down a notch and everyones happy

People who adjust their rating after the general opinion on the movie are the worst sinners of all. "I didn't like this movie at all, but it's a classic, so four stars!"

Hot Rod 9.5/10
Fantastic Beasts 6/10
Hacksaw Ridge 8/10

Fantastic Beasts: 6.5
Arrival: 6.5
Edge of Seventeen: 8

American History X: 7.5/10
Whiplash: 8/10
Big Short: 8.5/10

Watched much kino recently