twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sup Forums. Sup Forums happened.

stupid turtle poster

Aaron died

we fell apart without you man

Quality thread

welcome back buddy

less death grips spam, but on the down side your pepe pic is racist now

The slow decline continued, witness Lil Peep.

at least we are self aware of how soy' we are. Back then we would praise soyking bands like soyfawn stevens, my soylent valentine and the antlers openly

Sup Forums had already started happening by 2015

Sup Forums had 2 sharp plunges in quality. The first was when MBDTF was released. Then the Sup Forums infestation that started in 2014

Sup Forums
hip hop
annoying shilling from record companies
people migrating here from reddit
and normies

hi, op, welcome back! everything is soy now, and so are you

Death Grips turned into a meme
Kanye turned into a meme
Every essential album turned into a meme
Taylor Swift had more respect here
Grimes fanboys are in everywhere
Kpop generals are in everywhere
Sup Forums tries to relate everything with politic
contrarians turn into the worst cancer of theboard
Anyway how's your sex life OP?

i'm in the same boat OP, every time i come back i feel left out of the culture and leave. same with /fit/

pls someone bring me back up to speed.

welcome to realiti. grimes is still the most popular female artist here.

sensible post....by Brandon

something is up

i'll get you up to speed

>david bowie died
>kanye west said some stupid shit
people are pretending pop music is good
>mumblerap started
>some guy named "lil peep" became the face of mumblerap and then died
>keith richards is still alive somehow
>animal collective released an album that wasn't MPP so people got upset
>radiohead released an album
>death grips released a bunch of shit
everybody is a rapist
>pitchfork isn't even pretending to be a music site anymore
>fantano is a alt right supporter even though he isn't

Trap fucked everything up

>being this retarded
Sup Forums as a whole has had major dips in quality in 2006, 2008, 2010, 2014, 2015.
The main dip for Sup Forums was after Merriweather Post Pavillion.

Unironically this.

lurk more REEEEEEEE

toot more dsu

this pretty much

I dropped some Von Zamla the other day, everyone was really impressed.

youtube.com/watch?v=l6EGffkAf-k

and tripfags (except for quality thread guy, he's alright)

I was gone for about the same time.. seems a lot slower and dumber than normal. just random threads with few replies that are essentially shitposts and nothing more. and I miss the trip culture as well

You turned 20 and left for two years

Remember when everyone was sucking Tyler and Earls dick and once they blew up everyone on this board fucking hated them.

the most patrician move would have been to leave in 2011/12

Kpoofags dominated the board

This

>The main dip for Sup Forums was after Merriweather Post Pavillion.
this

Good recap in this thread, but the only thing people don't mention is that Sup Forums forgot about Aeroplanes over the sea entirely.

Look it was memed to death then, and it's good that it died.

Here's my theory, it's probably not worth much.

People who genuinely wanted to expand their taste in music realized the futility of musical discussion and pseudo intellectual dick waving. Music is a strong emotional, and sensory hobby, it's hard and nearly impossible to articulate into words, especially genres that rely on sonic quality rather than musical skill. Everyone with taste can tell you Loveless is a unique auditory experience of an album, but they'll never be able to replicate those exact feelings.

tl;dr: the creative types left your shit board, and now you're left with trendy types, political losers (left and right) and those who are just getting into music.

that aeroplane album is just some overrated boring crap. without its cover it would be nothing. i hope it will be completely forgotten.

>annoying shilling from record companies
proof pls

Moot abandoned us. Sup Forums got out of control. Soundcloud Meme Rap became the plat du jour.

>what happened
THIS

Contrarian elitist tripfags forced people to listen to new music so that they could keep up. Now that they all left, the place has stagnated because nobody is mean enough to scare people out of their comfort zone.

other way around
Brandon is the worst tripfag

shoulda stayed gone

>"leaving" life for 2 years
>come back

What the hell happened?

This is still the most accurate answer.

Basically, Sup Forums has bled into every other board on Sup Forums. They got worked up and came to prominence with the Trump campaign and the rise of "alt right" media like Breitbart, Milo, etc., which brought in new masses of people. The shut down of white power sites may have led to a migration of posters as well.

Yes, Sup Forums had already been around for a little while, but it wasn't until 2016 that it really exploded. Now there are all these white supremacist newfags who are fucking everything up.

It was Socrates who said that though.

top fedora material, bud

you forgot to add people like Montie forcing stupid memes and bringing the quality of the board down even more.

Are you seriously asking this? Even someone who's been here for a year can notice it.

honestly this

people not getting out of their comfort zone is one of the main things hurting Sup Forums, I should be able to see at least one album I've never seen discussed her before every day

Based Sup Forums saving Sup Forums.

I've tried along with others. You get a reply or two, or nothing and the thread dies. Usually it's because it's not the same shit that we've discussed a thousand times over.

it's true though

soundcloud rap used to be an ironic joke and now you have large amounts of people here who genuinely consider it great music

Others bring up good points but as a whole it's Rap shitters & Grimes stalkers that pulled the trigger. At least k pop threads usually keep to themselves

Serious question, why most Sup Forums loves Trump and are alt-right?

when you look at an ugly thing long enough, it becomes pretty

Half is irony other half is The_Donald migrants

I left 6 years ago and each time I check back it's still shit. I go to so many boards on Sup Forums but I can't stand to visit Sup Forums even though music is my main hobby (playing, listening, studying, producing, everything to do with it)

t. Leftypol