I seriously think this is the best horror movie ever made

I seriously think this is the best horror movie ever made.

I seriously think that is one of the worst movies I've ever seen

I seriously think you should go back.

That movie is good. The beginning where the girl shoots the guy with zero hesitation was crazy. 100% did not expect that. Fuck Lucie, though. She dragged Anna down.

Awful third act and ending.

remake is better (better acting, no edgelord violence)

>Awful third act and ending

Delete this. It was fine. Not like they could've done anything else.

Really don't understand the ending, can anyone elaborate on why that old lady killed herself before talking to the group?

This was legit great and like nothing
i hadnt ever seen before

Anna told her there's no Heaven, I think. It's open to interpretation. Others think Anna told the lady that Heaven does exist, so she wanted to kill herself to get there faster. Though by the tone in her voice, I think she realized life was pointless and was told there is no Heaven or Hell. Though on the other hand, maybe Anna lied about no Heaven just so the lady would kill herself just so she could get the last laugh before she dies. There's no definitive answer.

This

iam with you OP martyrs is a work of art. there is no movie that has this blast of negative energy that makes you depressed like this.

its basically the only movie i really like but recommend nobody to watch.

it's fairly dumb and pretentious but it was definitely shocking/upsetting in a way i thought i was desensitized to, specifically the last act. it's not even that it's graphic, in fact it's the least gory part of the movie. it just succeeds at being so fucking brutal and miserable. can you imagine watching that shit with an audience?

It wasn't scary.

>the kid at the beginning is Xavier Dolan

10/10 just for getting to see him take a shotgun to the chest

>"Awful third act"
>completely forgets the very start of the film, featuring a young, bloodied girl running away
>completely disregards the main story - what was that girl running from?
>can't put together 2 & 2 - the third act is what the girl was running from
>ADHD megatard as fuck
>probably shits himself frequently because he forgets how to do even the most basic of human tasks

Want some Ritalin, you idiot millennial tard?

The thing is far better as a horror movie

that's requiem of a dream for me

t. french canadian

I agree and my IQ is 178.

Is this post even English? Go back to school spic

>there's no Heaven
> life is pointless
t. limp wristed librul numale frogmunchers

Was Martyrs showed withy french subtitles in France because french don't understand Quebec french?

they were speaking french french you know as a french,
french french people can understand quebec french, but our brain is so much triggered by how hillariously ridicule it sounds that we theorically cant understand them, it's science

quebec french is closer to actual french than the current form of french spoken in most historical areas of france

yea i know they speak old time french, but whit a lot of english word, but seriously french quebec accent is quite something, are you from quebec ? how does french french sounds to you ?

I don't get why it's called horror.

Still it makes you wonder if rich old people would actually do this, doesn't it?

Check out Inside too

Inside has cool effects, but nothing else. Don't even close to Martyrs

I absolutely hated this movie the first time I saw it. A couple years later I decided to give it a second chance, that time around it wasn't nearly as bad as I assumed it would be. I'm still not particularly impressed with it, but I can give it credit. That being said, I still don't think it's as "clever" as it believes itself to be.

This movie was retarded