Adnan is guilty

Adnan is guilty

user is late

Did season 2 ever get as good as Season 1?

Season Two is dogshit

Fuck. Season 3 when?

If you're looking for a hard answer, it all comes down to the guy who says he was in the car with him. You either think he's lying or he isn't.

I don't think we're ever gonna get a hard answer, and listening to it I wasn't hugely into figuring it out. But, I think just the fact that we can debate back and forth means there is a form of reasonable doubt, and so he should not have been convicted.

You know when I just finished it I thought it had to be the nigger.Its always the nigger.
But after reading some stuff about the case it's really weird how less Adnan remembers that day especially since the cops called him to enquire about his missing ex.
You just dont forget the day your ex goes missing.
It was obvious he wasn't taking the breakup well and I wouldn't be surprised if he was a borderline psychopath and had a controlling behavior and killed Hae since he knew she would never be back with him.

To be fair, it had been 15 years prior to the podcast. I don't think many people can blame him for forgetting that.

My gut feeling agrees. Given what we know and the context of what we know, he seems the most likely by far.

But there's still doubt.
No. Season 1 had an intimacy in both its subject and delivery that lent themselves well to who-dunnit reporting. Even the setting--familiar but long enough ago to be markedly different--worked toward that feeling.

Season 2 was just information we can get anywhere else. It's not as if it's an obscure case. It was both widely-covered and recent. Unless you're in love with Koenig I don't think it offers much. Hopefully season 3 is more gripping.

>If you're looking for a hard answer, it all comes down to the guy who says he was in the car with him. You either think he's lying or he isn't.

Even if we assume that Adnan is guilty, Jay is lying about something. His story doesn't add up

>tfwnskgf

Mailkimp?

oh yeah? its been a while since i've listened, what were the inconsistencies?

Literally the only interesting thing was the true crime story itself

The narration, production, and score were all annoying as fuck

I found it quite nice desu senpai baka

The obvious conclusion is that Adnan did it and Jay helped him. Adnan can't accuse Jay without admitting his own crimes and Jay can't come forward with the true story because he probably has a higher degree of culpability than he copped to, plus he perjured himself, his fake story got him a plea bargain, etc. etc.

The only reasons people are blind to this are
1) they are stupid
2) the makers of serial intentionally obfuscated the story for drama and mystery... plus they are also stupid.

for example, koening simply takes adnan at his word when he says that if he were guilty he would just confess because that would be less of a burden to his parents than thinking their son is wrongfully imprisoned. it's stunningly naive. she also acts like the idea that adnan is a lying, duplicitous sociopath is exotic and improbable. based on these vague feelings, she rules out all sorts of circumstantial things that point to adnan's guilt. she's like a 5-year-old with no concept of guile.

the waters are also muddied by the state probably not establishing adnan's guilt beyond a reasonable doubt in the first trial. he shouldn't have been convicted based on their case, but that doesn't mean he didn't do that shit. he did that shit.

We know

>koening simply takes adnan at his word when he says that if he were guilty he would just confess because that would be less of a burden to his parents than thinking their son is wrongfully imprisoned

This. It's obvious that Adnan maintains his innocence to keep his family's support, as that's all he has left.

>Season 2 was just information we can get anywhere else.
I think you just summed up why I never enjoyed season 1 as much, I've never been able to put my finger on it so thank you.

What I will say is it wasn't covered outside of America. So I knew nothing about the guy. Logged onto the reddit discussion threads, everyone was screaming "WHAT AN ASSHOLE, THIS DESERTER SHOULD BE COURT MARTIALED" while I knew nothing about the case and Koenig was trying to unspool it slowly. So that ruined it for me too.

>The narration, production, and score were all annoying as fuck
I liked em desu. I've been listening to In The Dark and it's very bare bones, I miss the production/music. I think it adds a lot.

I use Mailchimp

Adnan is innocent, Bergdahl murdered Hae.

>tfw you listened to the podcast a year after the show and so it didn't have ads
>missed out on the mailkimp meme

there's some theory that Jay and his family were known drug dealers and arrested multiple times in the past

Jay made up this story to get a plea. it's crazy how his story changed so much and his testimony was still admissable
>saw body in trunk near best buy
>saw body in trunk near some road
>saw body in trunk outside his grandmother's house

>tfw you think you got away with murder and 15 years later some NPR bitch comes and sticks her nose in and makes your life hell

I believe his story tho.He was an accomplice but Adnan was the one who actually strangled her.
As for him changing his story,idk maybe so many things happened that day and now he's confused.

>As for him changing his story,idk maybe so many things happened that day and now he's confused.
Studies have shown that the more you recall a memory, the more you change it. So if he's been thinking about that day for fifteen years, chances are the story you tell today is pretty fucking different to what actually occurred

I too think Adnan is guilty, but there really wasn't enough of a case to actually put him away. There are shitloads of reasonable doubt, plus a shitty lawyer who was literally dying as she worked on the case.

The narrator had a retarded female American accent so I couldn't listen to it. I wanted to murder her.

Season 1 had a very haunting feeling to it. It worked really well. I do want more of Sarah's voice, she knocked it out of the park in season 1.
t. eurocuck