WOO

WOO

Other urls found in this thread:

chartattack.com/news/2016/04/18/help-buy-dan-burke-the-guitar-that-john-dwyer-smashed-over-his-head/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

that's gross

oh sees fucking rock

What's your favorite Thee Oh Sees album? Here's mine.

Probably The Masters Bedroom (although I adore Castlemania) but I'm pretty obsessed with pic related

i'm working my way through their discography. they have a lot of albums, some real good and some real, real bad. did you like their latest release?

more like BOO

it is worth noting that king gizzard completely ripped off thee oh sees to a much less effective degree

HOO

it is worth noting that king gizzard was signed to castleface

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ive said it before but king gizzard is just a oh sees rip off

Floating Coffin has some pretty great songs on it, but it never really clicked for me as an album. Very uniform all the way through, and I prefer albums with narrative highs and lows. Orc is badass, it's one of my favorites by them so far.
Man, Castlemania is unhinged. Dwyer's biggest strength is building songs out of the weirdest, almost non-musical elements. He does a great job at that on pic related.

they're still good but not as good. king gizz lacks the john dwyer seasoning salt

Carrion Crawler and Castlemania are two of my favorite albums of all time

Carrion Crawler is their best going purely by their garage rock/surf/psych shit but Castlemania feels in a league all its own. A true masterpiece of psych folk.

remember when he busted dan burke's head?
that was cool

For one record

And prior to being signed (yes, they existed before p4k and every indiebro chode you know picked them up!) they openly admitted that they were ripping off Thee Oh Sees. King Gizz is decent but they aren't original and they've made the same record, with all the same tricks and melodies, a million times.

that was cool

chartattack.com/news/2016/04/18/help-buy-dan-burke-the-guitar-that-john-dwyer-smashed-over-his-head/

kek

I still have the Coachwhips CD/DVD that's from

GAMMA

I mean, Oh Sees only recently started evolving their sound around 2014. They made around 8 albums before that with more or less the same blown-out garage punk sound. If you think Gizz has never gone past being an Oh Sees ripoff, you're saying that Gizz has been more creative with that sound than the people they ripped off.

what do yall niggas think of this one?

Except their sound had been steadily evolving and taking left turns for years

The "garage phase" started out with a heavy british invasion/psych pop influence and slowly came to be more surf and hard psych tinged, then veered off to the more aggressive sound of Carrion Crawler/The Dream and the various releases from that era. Putrifiers II went more psychedelia focused as well as marking a slight return to the British Invasion sound. Floating Coffin took the aggressive full band sound and began incorporating many of the spacier elements found in the catalogue of the new lineup.

King Gizz on the other hand has been releasing the same fucking album for like 4 years now. I can't be assed to look through their discog rn to remember which one started it, but I'm In Your Mind Fuzz and everything since (barring one le quirky psych folk album and the decent MHC collab) have been the same shit over and over again, recycling the same riffs and melodies.

Willoughby's Beach is still hot shit tho

dan burke's a notorious dick around these parts in Toronto so its always fun to watch

Either or A Weird Exits for me

i cant believe people actually think this