'AN SOLO

'AN SOLO

damn, I forgot about this meme

TELL DAT TA KANJIKLUB

He tells his henchman to tell the Empire Rey and Han have escaped in the Millenium Falcon, meaning it is a well-known ship, needing no description or further explanation.

Yet Rey doesn't know she's on the Millenium Falcon until Han Solo tells her?

Huh, maybe she isn't such a Mary Sue after all...

>implying scottish fuckers will exist in the future

they'll have drunk themselves to death by then

There are a ton of YT-1300s in circulation. But only one that both belongs to Solo and can do the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs.

how does this not make her a mary sue

>But only one that both belongs to Solo and can do the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs.
There aren't any that can do the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs.
>Not knowing that Han was lying about that

It's in the script if you don't believe it.

It's still supposed to in a galaxy long ago and far away but since there were rasta ay lmao's I guess it's anything goes now.

failed memes general?

watch it user

ENFORM THE FUSST ORDUH

m'axusmin

>URA DEAIDMAHN

Why did he feel the need to state his name to solo?

>get The Raid guys to do a cameo
>they don't even do any martial arts
Literally why

>dat Mick stereotype

Fucking racist Jews

I think this was the point in the movie when I realized they really, really fucked up the movie bigtime.

>CIA

>Why did he feel the need to state his name to Pavel?

This movie foreshadows the death of Raid action movies against CGI by killing the Raid action stars with CGI. What a waste.

Maybe these memes are dead but not as dead as easily one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Everytime I look at this list and it still angers me that somebody put Gatsby on the same tier as Les Miserables and above 1984.

Also what does /lit/ have against LoTR?

Bunch of people came into LOTR after Peter Jackson already fucked up their perspective of the work beyond repair, making them read it as an adventure story and as such convincing them that it is shit.

Also, Christian religious education isn't what it used to be, so most of the otherwise clear symbolism which isn't the same as allegory is lost on people.

>Stupid characters, cartoonish alien monster pursuit...

RLM loved it, so much better and so less cringy than the prequels !