DRADIS contact!! Battlestar Galactica thread, bearing 187, carom 221!

DRADIS contact!! Battlestar Galactica thread, bearing 187, carom 221!

Okay, here's a hard one: choose two characters, other than Roslin or the Adamas, to be the President and the Commander from the start of the show and not frak things up.

Billy as President, Starbuck as Commander.

Helo for Commander is the obvious choice. Apart from one glaring moment of stupidity, he's level headed and I think he'd rise to the occasion.

President is harder. Probably Doc Cottle. Doesn't put up with bullshit, but also knows how to pick his battles.

Starbuck would drive herself fucking mental if she was actually in charge. She strikes me as some who very much needs to be in the trenches

I like billy as president though, that's how it should have gone if the actor hadn't left

>picking the race traitor to be the Commander
I mean, there's poor judgement and then there's just plain naive

>Admiral
Cain. She would have survived if it hadn't been for Gaius giving the six a gun.
And technically, she was from the beginning of the show anyway.
>President
Without frakking everything up? Tough call.
Y'know, I can't remember her name but I think I'd go with the woman who was Captain of one of the ships. She was the one who read out Gaius' acquittal. She also sat on the post-mutiny quorum. She had short blonde hair.

Cain would get the entire fleet killed in some damn fool suicide mission.

As for your pick for president; literally who?

You can bet your ass she wouldn't have made an alliance with the toasters. Gaeta was right when he said that Adama had let his affections for a Cylon cloud his judgement

As for the President, there basically wasn't a single member of the entire cast who did end up turning into a cunt by the end of Season 4
That's why I went for an unknown. She at least seemed like she was on the level.

based Cain

not a bad choice, he definitely had potential to be a commander( strong convictions, competent, no serious vices)i was going to delete "vices" this but i guess cylon pussy is a pretty big vice lol) where tigh obviously can only be an XO, granted a great XO. Gaeda showed he couldn't command, he capitulated with adama and thus his coup failed.
I have no fucking idea as far as president goes. Romo seems liked a "there is literally no one else alive that knows colonial law, so here's the presidency" Definitely an intelligent guy, got politics and could read people, just doesn't like like a man that could address the fleet and give confidence. Especially after he got Baltar off.

yea, she's CAG/XO material at best. No way she commands a battlestar. too unstable. no shame at only being fit to go as high as those positions. very important ones, but it takes special people to command. i for sure aint one of them haha.

god does it feel good to bsg post, feels like it's been a couple months since some BSG talk. such a good show even with season 4 retardation.

Pretty sure the blonde captain said she had no interest in politics according to Apollo/Lampkin when they had to look for a president
>Lampkin president
>steals all the ships' FTL drives

>such a good show ever with season 4 retardation
That was the show's charm
When it was good, it was really fucking good

man did i think making Cain female would be some SJW crap, but michelle forbes really convinced me as a bad ass ruthless admiral. definitely one of the more alpha characters of the show without giving off that MUH STRONK FEMALE.

what a fucking scene man. lee departing (i knew the old man would get out somehow) but still tear worthy.

>the desperation in galactica CiC, the look helo gives the old man when they cant get the FTLs up and missile strikes hit
>its been and honor to serve with...
>fatso to the rescue
>main batteries BTFO a basestar in the first volley(missiles are overrated)
>dat reunited scene

i know they didn't plan to sacrifice pegasus. but definitely a shame such a fine ship had to go down when the old rust bucket got to live.
>changing the name of the show MIGHT have been a problem hah

It was just a damn shame that they retconned her into a dyke in Razor

i have no problem with top dykes. if anything it made her more authentic as a badass since she was a top and not getting the dick but giving it. can you imagine the size of that strap on she was putting in that 6?

>Pretty sure the blonde captain said she had no interest in politics according to Apollo/Lampkin when they had to look for a president
Shit
You might be right

Romo is a meme character

>Pretty sure the blonde captain said she had no interest in politics according to Apollo/Lampkin when they had to look for a president
Isn't there a phrase that's something like 'those who seek power should never be the ones to get it'? Meaning, a president who doesn't give a shit about politics is probably the best kind of president to have.

>Helo did everything wrong

hope his dick fried when he shoved it in his toaster, race traitor piece of shit

>GINO thread

Kill yourselves. GINO's not kino.

>u wan b president
>no
>k u r president now
>no

Hm...