Do you remember your reaction after watching this for the first time? Did it have some influense on your life? Share it...

Do you remember your reaction after watching this for the first time? Did it have some influense on your life? Share it, user.

Thank God it's over, and thanks for telling me drugs are bad. Never would have figured out that one without this shitty movie.

Made me fantasize about accidentally hooking up with jailbait and getting blackmailed into staying with her

>Did it have some influense on your life?
Nah, I just thought it was really funny.

Yeah it made me feel averse to heroin and some of my (at the time) schemie friends

Something about the movie stayed with me and I ended up watching it again and again. It's one of my favorite movies now and I've seen it at least 50 times

it made me avoid those "dirty" "real" drugs and instead only try weed, various chinese research chemicals, dextromethorphan extracted from cough syrup, lsd and organic stuff like shrooms, poppy tea and salvia

good film

Yes it made me laugh because it's a blatant attempt to glorify drug use. Shooting heroin isn't cool, lads.
Opium tea is alright occasionally, though.

Fuck drugs. Being "anti-drug" is the new cool anyway.
It's counter culture to be against drug use now, how crazy is that?

>glorify drug use
yeah, scene with dead baby was about how fun it's ro take drugs, right?

>Did it have some influense on your life?

I don't think ANY movie has ever had a noteworthy influence on my life. They're just movies. I remember thinking Begbie was clearly the biggest cunt, that's about all.

>showing a dead baby, complete with nightmares about it
>the previously straight-laced guy dying from catshit after getting introduced to drugs
>a blatant attempt to glorify drug use

haha look, a fucking moron

Yes and I've still actually met people who gloat about when they "used to do heroin" and some of them even fucking mention the film.

Never underestimate the stupidity of most people, my friends.

>people are stupid and took the wrong message from the film
>that means the films shit and all those people's incorrect interpretations of it are actually correct

That baby's death is still fucking harrowing to this day.

>Do you remember your reaction after watching this for the first time?
"Cor that Kelly Macdonald's got some great tits"

I watched it and I thought it was shit.
Then I read the book and it was actually good so I watched the movie again.
It's not shit but nowhere near the book either.

It's the same thing with Romper Stomper. There's tons of neo-nazis who pass it around despite it being critical towards them. They just glorify Hando and either ignore or can't grasp the criticisms clearly shown.

But that still doesn't mean that Romper Stomper is glorifying skinheads, or that Trainspotting glorifies drug use.

>Wrong message from the film
How do you know it wasn't the correct one?
People have been glorifying drug use for years and they still do it now.
So it had one scene that stands out as being "don't do drugs", the rest were all undoubtedly glorifying it in a way.

Okay, even if it wasn't glorifying it as you say, then it was certainly normalising it.

>then it was certainly normalising it.
Still no. Most of the users are shown as fringe of society types, and one of them even starts out as a relatively normal guy, then his whole life falls apart after he starts taking heroin.

>then it was certainly normalising it

No. None of the drug-users are shown to be normal people. They're all either using drugs because they're fucked, or their life is fucked because of the drugs.

Movies showing business-men casually snorting coke before making a business deal is a case of normalising coke use. Showing heroin-users live completely abnormal lives is not. Heroin-users focusing on the one movie depicting heroin-use does not mean that it's normalising it, just as skinheads focusing on the one movie depicting skinheads doesn't mean that the movie is normalising them.

>one scene

It had multiple ones, throughout the movie. Hell, it fucking STARTS with the main guy having to reach into the filthiest toilet in Britain to get his suppositories back for god's sake.

>missing the point of a film this bad

just stop watching movies m8

Just saying it wasn't doesn't make it so. You do know this, right?
It most definitely normalised it, just by existing, you moron.
Trainspotting had a massive impact on the "scene" at the time of release. Well, in the UK it did anyway.
>Fringe society types
Mate, the "choose a big fucking television" part is most definitely for drug use rather than against it. If that's not in a way glorifying and glamorising drug use then I don't know what is. It makes doing drugs sound fucking cool, even to someone who is extremely anti-drugs.
At very least, it introduced a large amount of people to heroin and hard drugs just by existing.

It likely did more harm than good and by that I mean, it likely got more people interested in Heroin, than it made "would be" heroin addicts stop and say "Nah, that trainspotting movie scared me out of it"

It's extraordinarily *dull* and says about everything there is to be said about how limited and unimaginative Irvine Welsh is. He's still knocking out the same stale "shared Trainspotting universe" shite today.

"People think it's all about misery and desperation and death and all that shite, which is not to be ignored. But what they forget is the pleasure of it. Otherwise we wouldn't do it. After all, we're not fucking stupid. At least, we're not that fucking stupid. Take the best orgasm you ever had, multiply it by a thousand and you're still nowhere near it."

you remember there's that scene with Renton needing to reach the bog or else he'll shit his pants so he goes into the betting shop for a dump and the wording on the door changes from "toilet" to "worst toilet in Scotland"? odiously fucking twee. also Spud doesn't wake up in his own crap and end up scattering it all over his girlfriend's family, that happens to another character called Davie Mitchell. and Dianne, who I've no hesitation calling the worst thing in the movie, doesn't have anything like such a large role in the book.

Here's your reply ya boob. You're talking out of your arse.

>'AN FIVE MORE ON METHADONE