It had interesting visuals but all in all it was just another generic capeshit...

it had interesting visuals but all in all it was just another generic capeshit, why are you retards creaming your panties over this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ugwrUXXQ8go
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>interesting visuals

Not really, it felt quite uninspired and relied a lot on "dude lsd brah trippy escher COLORS".

The only interesting visuals were during the initial trippy "expand your mind" scene. Then it became tedious with people doing redundant magic shit all the time.
>Mads & co. doing their magic ritual and their surroundings start to morph
>wall-run instead of jumping over bookcase
>jump on ceiling to start performing magic spell

Another forgettable villain, pointless love interest who was more of a prop than interesting character, and the jokes felt the most forced out of any Marvel film.

I guess people like it because it's a variation of the same shit so they fall for the illusion of it being "different" and "refreshing".

because le epic gentleman

Dunno why people keep saying it had interesting visuals. You couldn't see one-third of the screen with the 3D glasses anyway. Did they think some neat effects that came with their rendering tools would be enough to make people buy in to this shit

>Dunno why people keep saying it had interesting visuals

because it didnt look like this

>why are you retards creaming your panties over this?
Nobody is doing that my demented friend.

This is the standard of movie-going millennials now
>it didn't look like this

well when the average movie that comes out is garbage you compare most things to that baseline

>it had interesting visuals

Not really though, it was quite bad on all fronts tqbh

I just know how to have fun and enjoy something for what it is. In terms of Marvel movies it was a nice change of pace from the convoluted shitshow that is the Avengers series.

Benedict was also a great choice for Dr. Strange. There is literally no one who could have done it better.

I feel like capeshit is all one big joke that I am left out of. I tried watching some of these movies and they were just utterly generic and boring. I find it hard to care for any of the characters because they seem hollow. The cinematography is TV-show like. The score is bland. The action is boring because it's just CGI fights and you don't care about what happens anyways since you aren't emotionally invested into any of the characters. If you watched one of these it's like you've seen them all. Yet people seem to adore these movies and they make a lot of money.

Reminder that Disney has hijacked the word of mouth machinery.

Reminder to be sceptical to Disney shills. They are everywhere, including "critics".

this is the average movie goer

youtube.com/watch?v=ugwrUXXQ8go

People adore having fun. If you aren't in touch with your inner-child or don't care for the concept then you aren't going to enjoy it.

And if you think television shows can't have epic cinematography you just haven't seen any good shows.

No.
Don't bring Escher into this.
Those visuals weren't even worty to lick Escher's feet.
It was literally "dude, kaleidoscopes, lmao".
I mean, it was nice to see how much they can push CGI when you are a bit more creative, but that's it.
And yes, that was all the flick had to offer.

>image
Man, that's just embarassing.
How can people unironically say it was the best capeshit movie so far?

Their friends are all talking about it, so it must be.

i just cant turn my brain off, i cant, if the movie is retarded there is a little cog in my head that just refuses to turn

Literally, unironically, unmemely and eternally this. Right now Nocturnal Animals has not only a lower score but also lower ratings than this piece of shit.

Let that sink in for a minute.

which part is retarded?

I've got like 3 free cinema passes and I don't even want to use one on this film.
Doesn't look shit, just doesn't look great.

>People adore having fun.

I do too. Burton's Batman was fun because of the great PRACTICAL set design, cinematography and score.

But these Marvel movies are so bland they just have nothing to offer aside from a funny quip now and then.

Even Joel Schumacher's Batman and Robin is more fun than any Marvel movie because of the nice sets and costumes.

But the average rating and audience score are the same

I don't disagree with you, I've seen all MCU stuff and only truly enjoyed IM1, CAP1 and Strange. I've found the Avengers movies to be generally terrible and not even because of the shitty visuals.

It really felt like a sitcom, it felt like at any moment that fat chink was going to say BAZINGA and canned laughter will be heard. To defend this is to defend the Big Bang Theory or 2 Broke Girls (without T&A)

Really bad

>see movie
>photography is bad
>dialogues are bad
>plot makes literally no sense, with plotholes akin to sinkoholes
>even the climax is utterly anticlimatic and the action is badly directed
>Talk with friend, mention how it was the worst movie I've seen this year
>"oh user, contrarian as always, you're such an hipster"
I'm surrounded by plebs IRL

>go see it with friends
>absolute silence all through the movie
>no one laughed at any quip
>my friends looking at the screen not even smiling
>talking with my friend and his gf on our way out
>"lmao this movie was so funny"

>worst movie I've seen this year
Have you seen SS?

I feel you man

>friend asks what shows I been watching lately
>me: hmm, Mars.. Planet Earth II... Westworld
>friend: any good?
>me: yeah, Westworld is pretty good and has been well received by most, it's an HBO show too so you know it's at least worth a chance
>friend: yeah i saw an ad for it, i'm not really into the whole science and robots thing ha ha ha
>friend: the walking dead has been really good lately though, i can't wait until rick kills that fucking Negan guy!!

I hate everyone I know

Adele

Exactly. It's like they're brainwashed into thinking it was fun because that's what the others say.
Oh, wait...

Same.
I don't understand how they use the fun wildcard when talking about that boring piece of shit that was CW.
Antman was fun, GotG was fun, IM3 was fun. Not a masterpiece, but they were fun. I can understand.
But CW? It wasn't just bad, it was the worst Marvel movie out of the whole bunch, with literally no redeeming feature.

Yes, not as bad as CW
Too corny and unreasonable a lot of times, but still not as bad.

Why did dormamu want earth anyway? what was his motivation?

I felt as though the implication was that he wanted Earth to become a part of his realm because he could feed off its power and grow stronger.

Be stronger for what reason, I don't know

In an ideal world, comic book adaptations would be pushing the boundaries of audio-visual storytelling, offering a sense of style and playfulness unique to the medium. For all its juvenile flaws, the medium of handdrawn capeshit actually is its own artform and kept reinventing itself.

When you look at revered classics in cinema history, you see filmmakers with sensibilities that aren't that different from comic book artists. Filmmakers who understand the power of imaginative framing and editing, they played with depth, angles or colors schemes, experimented with montage techniques, sound design or lenses.

There's a reason why most of the formalist cinematic geniuses have taken inspirations from the comic books medium. Sergio Leone loved fumetti; Alain Resnais had the biggest comics collection of Europe in the 60's; Welles adapted The Shadow when he was still doing radio, Japanese new wave filmmakers adapted various manga and Seijun Suzuki even directed a Lupin III animated film...

This is a picture from Stan Lee’s "How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way". Look at it and ask yourself how would the equivalent "How To Makes Movies the Marvel Way" could look like.

Then ask yourself where the current Kevin Feige-produced MCU titles would be, on the left or on the right? Do they offer visual dynamism, creative and exciting use of the medium's possibilities in order to heighten the experience? Personally, when I look at this picture, I can see exciting formalists and pop artists like Orson Welles, Seijun Suzuki or Sergio Leone belonging on the right, or even to stay strictly in the field of current blockbuster filmmakers, people like George Miller, the Wachowski Sisters or Brad Bird but certainly not Peyton Reed or Jon Favreau, with their flat, uninspired televisual (lack of) style.

Mate, SS is literally combination of worst aspects of both big capeshit universes.
>dark-filters, bad plots, poor characterization and bad editing from DCEU
>cringy quipfest, bad plot, bland villain, tons of dummies as enemies from MCU

but cancer girl said he wanted earth the most

By and large, we're not.

comic books have been a commercial garbage medium for 20 years now

Civil War was a piece of shit alright but it's not on the same league as the Thors movies and especially Age of Ultron. God that was bad. Suicide Squad was atrocious but it's a work of art next to that turd. I never have problems watching bad movies until the end but that was really hard to sit through. One of the worst movies I've ever seen and not talking only about capeshit here

I don't know what to say.
Maybe it was because of a different mood when I watched SS, maybe it was because I went in with much lower expectations.
I'm not saying SS wasn't a bad movie. Just not as bad as CW

Because its not. Most agree TWS is better than CW.

>see movie
>photography is great
>dialogues are hilarious
>plot makes me shiver with its complexity and nuance
>even the climax is amazing and climactic and the action is epic
>Talk with user, mention how it was the best movie I've seen this year
>"oh user, shill as always, you're such a cuck"
I'm surrounded by plebs online

Respond with an ad hominem.

Yeah, you're right, CW is in the same league as those. Probably I'm having trouble admitting it because when I watched those I wasn't as disillusioned as I am now and because I didn't even remember about their existance.

TWS?

Bruce Campbell

TWS is not that great looking back, it was just a movie that didn't feel like the others and that's why people loved it. Same with GotG, a decent movie but not amazing by any means, not even really good. When Marvel at least try to do something slightly different people cream their pants, even if it is mostly the same bullshit again

Much better than Civil War of course

Civil War fell apart when it all became a retarded Hydra conspiracy and it was back on track being a by-the-books Marvel capeshit.

I can just say that everything you said is wrong.

Photography is bland, unispired and flat.
Not a scene worth remembering. No use of any composition tecnique, of depth of field, of any kind of different cut.
Dialogues are cringworthy and unrealistic and characters have become the parody of themselves because.
The plot was utterly retarded and entirely reliant of coincidences, yet was portrayed as some masterplan (I could dissect this more, but it would take me a long time).
Character reactions are utterly unrelatable. Hence characters were unrelatable.
The big fight is pretty much a 6v6 fistfight in an empty airport, that gets immediately divided in a bunch of 1v1 or 1v2 with little complexity, and that was supposed to be the big payoff.
Also
>6v6
>war

So, tell me, what did CW do so good to deserve the title of "best movie of the year".
Exactly.
Fuck off troll.

Just could help yourself, could you.
*Leans back*

All we're discovering in this thread is capeshit movies make a lot of money on hype, familiar characters, and "I wanna know what happens next!". Then they age poorly and by a year or less later they're shit and are obvious cash grabs.

Not unlike Marvel comics in the 90s.