MURICA

Are things in america really as expensive as in europe?

It's relatively the same but we have larger wages and more purchasing power

fuel is cheaper

I WANT TO LIVE IN CALIFORNIA SO BAD

I DONT CARE WHAT PPL SAY I WANT TO LIVE THE DREAM

it's cheaper. At least food, fuel and super market stuff.

Some things are cheaper (shitty food, fuel, land), others more expensive (quality food, renting, healthcare). All depends on your lifestyle and priorities.

The cost of living varies greatly across the US. But mostly no, it is not as expensive as Western Europe. I have lived in several Western European countries and it was expensive as fuck.

all those things, except healthcare of course, are pretty much always cheaper in america.

I've been there. The people there are as plastic as they are infuriatingly obnoxious cunts.

But hey, the weather's nice

REEE Americans have it easy, one to two hour of minimum wage is enough food for a day ;_;

Literally all of those things besides healthcare are cheaper here

you spend much more on rent than we do, especially in big cities

the average american certainly doesn't, just the sort of cucks that want to live in places like manhattan

European in America here
This is weird country
You buy bread in pharmacies and it costs around 4 euros. Meanwhile you get 20 McNuggets for 3.5 Euro...

Here in Oklahoma rent is cheap as hell. Feels good not being a coastie or in any big city

thats because you are a retard , ofc food will be expensive in a drug store ; you are supposed to get bread from farmer markets , food groceries or at least Walmart

>rent a newly renovated 2-room apartment in walking distance of the center of a peaceful city of 500,000 in Germany for $450 a month
>look up places for rent in similarly sized American cities
>$500 for a bedroom and attached bathroom in someone's semi-basement somewhere out in the suburban wasteland

Depends on where you live. I live in a small town in the south and I spend under $400 a month to rent my house but the tradeoff is that it's boring as fuck. It's more expensive in cities, and it varies widely by state as well. When I lived in the city I paid $600 for one room in someone's house. I can't imagine living somewhere like NYC on my current income.

In my experience, living in Germany was cheaper than living in Texas. But then I went to the Netherlands, and transportation/food there was stupid expensive. So I guess it depends on the country.

Yeah in Germany we have eastern European food prices with western European wages. Try going to Switzerland or Norway though, you'll easily pay 10€ for a beer at a bar.

>European
>buying bread in a drug store

kek'd

>$450 a month

The mortgage on my 4 bedroom,3 bathroom, 2 car garage house with 2 acres is $850 a month.

Granted I live about 15 minutes outside of the city, but I think the price is worth it. I never understand this whole living in a box for $500 a month.

Its relatively cheaper due to what first post said but was too retarded to make the connection. Certain things such as gas are also cheaper

I'm a NYC native. I recently visited Berlin and Copenhagen. Compared to NYC, Berlin seemed pretty cheap. Copenhagen seemed about the same as NYC.

Note that I am talking primarily about food, prices in stores, prices at museums, theaters, etc. I have no idea about rent or fuel prices.